Go Back   MVAgusta.net > Models > F3
Register FAQ Members List

Old 04-27-2012, 06:34 AM   #31
HighRisk

No MVs in the Registry

Quote:
Originally Posted by adecritten View Post
Google translates it to read "how cool is that that can not quite true"

I can only assume that Zico must be referring to fact that the MV Agusta dealer in Germany does not possess the required cable in order to remap High Risk's F3 at this time.

Isn't the google translator excellent!!

haha, you are right! But its not because of the cable its because he doesn`t have the programming machine from texas inst. I guess. He will get one next week.

Just came back from my trip through the black forest this morning. Here are some things I recognized

- Contra:
Beneath 4000rpm, there are really some issues with the mapping. 2 times the bike got completly powered off and I don't like to be very smooth with the throttle to not have the bike shaking at this level.

Seat is very hard :-)

Thats it with the contra side. Could not compain about gear shifting or anything else. Works perfekt for me without the quick shifter.

Another thing is that I was not able to change the mapping as described in the manual....strange. There should be a "number" on the display refering to the manual. I could only see an "N" (its not the gear ;-) ) in the Display and its not changing by pressing the buttons.

+ Pro:

She looooookssss sooo sexy! Everyone is turning arround and looking at this bike!

Sound is unbeliveable at higher rpm! I LOVE IT

She has a fantastic handling! Never had I bike like this. Compared to what I had in the past, this is multiple levels up !

Power is absolutly there after 8000rpm! wooooooow

So I am pretty happy with it and really looking forward for the mapping...

Cheers
HighRisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-27-2012, 07:47 AM   #32
adecritten

No MVs in the Registry

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighRisk View Post
haha, you are right! But its not because of the cable its because he doesn`t have the programming machine from texas inst. I guess. He will get one next week.

Just came back from my trip through the black forest this morning. Here are some things I recognized

- Contra:
Beneath 4000rpm, there are really some issues with the mapping. 2 times the bike got completly powered off and I don't like to be very smooth with the throttle to not have the bike shaking at this level.

Seat is very hard :-)

Thats it with the contra side. Could not compain about gear shifting or anything else. Works perfekt for me without the quick shifter.

Another thing is that I was not able to change the mapping as described in the manual....strange. There should be a "number" on the display refering to the manual. I could only see an "N" (its not the gear ;-) ) in the Display and its not changing by pressing the buttons.

+ Pro:

She looooookssss sooo sexy! Everyone is turning arround and looking at this bike!

Sound is unbeliveable at higher rpm! I LOVE IT

She has a fantastic handling! Never had I bike like this. Compared to what I had in the past, this is multiple levels up !

Power is absolutly there after 8000rpm! wooooooow

So I am pretty happy with it and really looking forward for the mapping...

Cheers

Thanks for the update High Risk and excellent and detailed report. All in all then from what you say it sounds as if the articles published MCN were indeed intrinsically correct.

Only one or two issues need sorting out, nothing to be too worried about, I am really looking forward to riding an F3 here on the Island and still fully expect to own one in the near future.

adecritten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 02:25 AM   #33
dokterdewe

MV in the Registry:
[F3]

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighRisk View Post

- Contra:
1. Beneath 4000rpm, there are really some issues with the mapping. 2 times the bike got completly powered off and I don't like to be very smooth with the throttle to not have the bike shaking at this level.

2. Seat is very hard :-)

3. Thats it with the contra side. Could not compain about gear shifting or anything else. Works perfekt for me without the quick shifter.

4. Another thing is that I was not able to change the mapping as described in the manual....strange. There should be a "number" on the display refering to the manual. I could only see an "N" (its not the gear ;-) ) in the Display and its not changing by pressing the buttons.

Cheers

hi.. about number 3.. Did you switch off the Quick Shift from the menu??and its better to shift up/down??

number 4.. yes i hace the exact same experience.. is it OK???could there be something wrong?
dokterdewe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 02:48 AM   #34
mgivogue
Established Member

No MVs in the Registry

i was able to change fuel maps from the handle bar no problem. Of course, i had it in stopped and neutral when i did it - maybe you can only change the maps when stopped???check the manuals
mgivogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 03:48 AM   #35
Donsy
Senior Member and Moderator.

MV in the Registry:
[F4 1000 R]

Send a message via Skype™ to Donsy

Good info guys, has anybody got a manual in English yet ? I have one in Italian, it's killing me.

Mobile - 0438385776 in Australia
eMail me - donsy@teamdouble3racing.com or teamdouble3@bigpond.com [PayPal]
Web - http://www.teamdouble3racing.com/aboutus.php
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Team-...53264738050813
Donsy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 05:20 AM   #36
HighRisk

No MVs in the Registry

Quote:
Originally Posted by dokterdewe View Post
hi.. about number 3.. Did you switch off the Quick Shift from the menu??and its better to shift up/down??

number 4.. yes i hace the exact same experience.. is it OK???could there be something wrong?
Hey,

no the quickshifter ist "on" in the menu, but there is no quickshifter installed yet, so should be without any impact.

I talked to Zico who explained to me how the mapping change works.

You need to hold the button till the mapping entry in the display starts blinking. Then press, press and hold the button --> Mapping changes. Then wait some seconds till it stopps blinking again.

Cheers
HighRisk is offline   Reply With Quote