# F3 Oro - MVAgusta.net
log in
|
|


Forum
Go Back   MVAgusta.net > Models > F3
Register FAQ Members List
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2012, 03:35 AM   #1
mgivogue
Established Member

No MVs in the Registry

 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 80
Default F3 Oro

Hi all!

I know the ORO was limited to 200...however, I like the upgrades built into it that are missing on the standard F3 - all of which I would add to the standard bike when I get one.

What I would like to know is if anyone heard rumours that MV would continue limited run ORO F3s in the coming years - sort of like Ducati do with their bikes 1199 standard, 1199s, 1199 tri-colore???

mgivogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-21-2012, 11:02 AM   #2
Stephen W.
Senior Member

MV in the Registry:
[F3]

 
Stephen W.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Glen Ross on Trent, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 956
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgivogue View Post
...What I would like to know is if anyone heard rumours that MV would continue limited run ORO F3s in the coming years - sort of like Ducati do with their bikes 1199 standard, 1199s, 1199 tri-colore???

I think that highly unlikely. What we will see is an upgrade model with the Ohlins suspension and some carbon bits. Also, Id bet money that MV will do an Ago type limited edition.
__________________
the Dreamer
(a.k.a. Dreamin' Stephen)
Living life on the edge. Less crowded, better view.
2013 675 MV F3 Red Molly
1998 900 SS FE silFEr



Last edited by Stephen W. : 04-21-2012 at 11:04 AM.
Stephen W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 04:30 PM   #3
rz33v4
Senior Member

MV in the Registry:
[F3]

 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Hickory, NC
Posts: 500
Default

Stephen, I hope you are right - that MV will do a "tweener" F3 in due time with Ohlins suspension, forged wheels and carbon front/rear fenders/exhaust heat shield. Somehow, though, I don't think they will, so I'm intending to create my own.
rz33v4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 04:43 PM   #4
Dahulk
Senior Member


 
Dahulk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Toronto & Portland
Posts: 515
Send a message via Skype™ to Dahulk
Default

Maybe a F3RR
Dahulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 09:57 PM   #5
rz33v4
Senior Member

MV in the Registry:
[F3]

 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Hickory, NC
Posts: 500
Default

If MV were smart, they'd do an F3 RR with the Ohlins, forged wheels and a few carbon bits for the price of a base Panigale, or $17,999. That would make more than a few prospective (Ducati) buyers take pause.
rz33v4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 03:42 AM   #6
Cash_Dawg
Senior Member


 
Cash_Dawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 3,149
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rz33v4 View Post
If MV were smart, they'd do an F3 RR with the Ohlins, forged wheels and a few carbon bits for the price of a base Panigale, or $17,999. That would make more than a few prospective (Ducati) buyers take pause.
I'm not sure that a prospective 1199cc (larger capacity) buyer would be swayed to a 675cc based just on price and some bling.
__________________
_________________
A closed mouth gathers no feet.........
Cash_Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 04:34 AM   #7
mikef4uk
Senior Member

MV in the Registry:
[F4 1000 R]

 
mikef4uk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Chester UK
Posts: 5,193
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rz33v4 View Post
If MV were smart, they'd do an F3 RR with the Ohlins, forged wheels and a few carbon bits for the price of a base Panigale, or $17,999. That would make more than a few prospective (Ducati) buyers take pause.
MV seem to have steered away from their normal route of ltd editions with the latest F4, yes there is the F4RR, but no Ago, Senna, Tamburini, CC, etc.

So maybe a F3RR to follow further down the line? also after talking to MV's Goggi and again at the NEC to an Itailan who's name escapes me the 675cc can go to a bigger capacity, apparantly not to 1000cc but somewhere around 900cc.

So maybe a whole cc range of F3 and B3 will appear, probaly (IMHO) a 675cc and 900F3, but with the B3 I would expect the 675cc maybe a 750cc and 900cc, this would go well against Ducati's monster line up
__________________
(This reply has not been checked for punctuation, grammar, or spelling mistakes and is devoid of any big long cleverwords or condescending manner)


MV's all gone now, still have a soft spot for MV's, waiting for MV to tick all my boxes again.
Previously (and about 40 others)748SP, S4, S4R, 98R1, 2000 F4, F41000S, F41000R, 08R1, 09R1, S1000RR, RSV4 Factory aPRC in Garage now
mikef4uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 07:24 AM   #8
rz33v4
Senior Member

MV in the Registry:
[F3]

 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Hickory, NC
Posts: 500
Default

Dawg, I beg to disagree. Since all the Superbikes are way over the top in performance for the street, an F3 with all the high-end components would present an interesting choice to prospective buyers versus the 1199 - a "finished" middleweight for the same money as a "base" Superbike. I wonder if you've ever ridden a bike with Ohlins fork/shocks and lightweight wheels? My 748R (with PVM magnesium wheels) was a lot of fun and especially so when pushed hard at a track day event. It isn't just "bling" - machines with high-end parts perform better. And it isn't just for racers either; the bike feels better all the time and gives the rider that extra bit of riding confidence that whatever comes up, you can handle it.
rz33v4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 07:29 AM   #9
mgivogue
Established Member

No MVs in the Registry

 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 80
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rz33v4 View Post
Dawg, I beg to disagree. Since all the Superbikes are way over the top in performance for the street, an F3 with all the high-end components would present an interesting choice to prospective buyers versus the 1199 - a "finished" middleweight for the same money as a "base" Superbike. I wonder if you've ever ridden a bike with Ohlins fork/shocks and lightweight wheels? My 748R (with PVM magnesium wheels) was a lot of fun and especially so when pushed hard at a track day event. It isn't just "bling" - machines with high-end parts perform better. And it isn't just for racers either; the bike feels better all the time and gives the rider that extra bit of riding confidence that whatever comes up, you can handle it.
I agree...I would prefer the F3RR over the 1199 base...however, it would have to be at least 1000 cheaper.
mgivogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 09:18 AM   #10
ondgas
Senior Member

No MVs in the Registry

 
ondgas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: lynchburg Va
Posts: 570
Send a message via AIM to ondgas
Default

Not sure on this one. Be kinda hard to stir away from the 195 hp and 100 ft lbs of torque. The new duck is SICK. I would like to buy one a few years from now that is a theft recovery or crash from an insurance company and just put some race bodywork on it. Then take it to the track. Coming in at 155lbs. The duck wouldn't even know I'm on its back. Lol
ondgas is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


Powered by vBulletin. Copyright 2000-2010 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.