|

Forum
Go Back   MVAgusta.net > Models > F3
Register FAQ Members List

Old 04-12-2012, 09:57 PM   #1
JSM

No MVs in the Registry

Default F3 Clarification

Gents, apologies for not replying sooner (tied up with other matters)
Unfortunately I did not get a chance to post the balance of the pics (now attached) and clarification regards the bike in question; this is not mine however the first to arrive in Melbourne; I have been holding off on making a decision until I could see the bike "in the flesh" and equally as important; "try it for size"and........... the seating position is amazing there is the same room as the F4 , if not more due to the tank design; the level of quality beggars belief, simply stunning and the colour scheme is unique ; the reality is this is the bargain of the biking century when you consider the price of the original F4 Oro; I am going to try and organise a test ride, will keep you posted on the outcome
Attached Images

Old 04-12-2012, 09:59 PM   #2
JSM

No MVs in the Registry

Also, the bike comes with the race stand, trickle charger and the "plastic pieces" that have been replaced with carbon (which is virtually everything)
Old 04-12-2012, 10:09 PM   #3
Bimota fan

No MVs in the Registry

Beautiful ..... I really am hoping for an Oro series B3.

Steve
Bimota fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 11:54 PM   #4
SKUR

No MVs in the Registry

Could you tell me the riding position/ posture of the F3 compared to the F4? I see that you mentioned the seating position and compared it to the F4. I haven't been able to sit on the F3 but have sat on the F4. I'm a small guy, 5' 7", and the sitting position is a little extreme for me on the F4. I've heard the F3 positioning is not as extreme as the F4 but not as comfortable as the CBR600RR...somewhere in between.

I'm contemplating it because I have a 2010 F4 for sale near me for that same price as the F3 would cost and trying to decide between getting the F4 or wait for the F3.

Your feedback would be appreciated since I take it that you had a chance to experience both models.
SKUR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 11:54 PM   #5
enkil

Very nice...
enkil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 12:16 AM   #6
JSM

No MVs in the Registry

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKUR View Post
Could you tell me the riding position/ posture of the F3 compared to the F4? I see that you mentioned the seating position and compared it to the F4. I haven't been able to sit on the F3 but have sat on the F4. I'm a small guy, 5' 7", and the sitting position is a little extreme for me on the F4. I've heard the F3 positioning is not as extreme as the F4 but not as comfortable as the CBR600RR...somewhere in between.

I'm contemplating it because I have a 2010 F4 for sale near me for that same price as the F3 would cost and trying to decide between getting the F4 or wait for the F3.

Your feedback would be appreciated since I take it that you had a chance to experience both models.
S, yes, I do have an F4 also; the rear sets on the Oro are adjustable however as delivered, for my 6ft 1 height, the bike felt extremely comfortable; the tank design also allows more room due to being slimmer and a higher top "indent" so your knees dont clash with it; the bars are also quite wide and not as extreme as the F4; executive summary: its a bike that I felt very at home on and I believe for the "shorter" troops it possibly will fit even better
Old 04-13-2012, 12:46 AM   #7
MVista
Cyber SPOTTER

Hey J, massive Congrats as per the other thread

I am a numbers guy and I am dying to ask what number is yours?
Old 04-13-2012, 02:28 AM   #8
DLO01
Established Member

No MVs in the Registry

Ohhh, looks great.
Old 04-13-2012, 09:31 AM   #9
SKUR

No MVs in the Registry

Thanks for the reply. Good info to know. It's hard to wait for a bike that i haven't been able to see or sit on in person. I seen the F4 for sale and it got me wondering. But I think the F3 is the way to go for me.
SKUR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 09:40 AM   #10
Tallula

MV in the Registry:
[F3]

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKUR View Post
Thanks for the reply. Good info to know. It's hard to wait for a bike that i haven't been able to see or sit on in person. I seen the F4 for sale and it got me wondering. But I think the F3 is the way to go for me.
I'm 5'5 and the bike is a great fit. The fuel tank actually goes under the seat, although this reduces the space around the bike (for Starcom etc) it makes the balance and fit excellent. My other half has an F4 and is 5'11 - he said there was more room on the F3. I had an R6 and the tail was much higher on that and pitched you forward quite severely, the F3 is far less extreme.

Proud owner of an MV Agusta F3 - picked up on 06/04/2012 from Drayton Croft, Hinckley.
Tallula is offline   Reply With Quote