# F4 lowering link? - MVAgusta.net
|
|

Forum
Go Back   MVAgusta.net > Technical and Hands On > Suspension, Brakes and Tire Tech
Register FAQ Members List

Old 04-12-2012, 05:15 PM   #1
SteveNunez

No MVs in the Registry

Default F4 lowering link?

Hey guys am considering the purchase of a 2010 F4.....does anyone know if a lowering link is available for this bike?
Thanks guys-
Advertisement

Old 04-12-2012, 05:32 PM   #2
Mr. Master

MV in the Registry:
[F4 MY2010+]

I can tell you that the ride height is adjustable as a standard feature, if that helps?
Mr. Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 06:16 PM   #3
SteveNunez

No MVs in the Registry

Thank you........might you know how much lower the seat can be lowered with the stock ride height linkage?

(I had to purchase separate lowering links for my RSV4 and 1198....would be nice to have an adjustable as standard issue!)
Old 04-13-2012, 04:39 PM   #4
Dr. Duc

MV in the Registry:
[F4 1000]

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveNunez View Post
Thank you........might you know how much lower the seat can be lowered with the stock ride height linkage?

(I had to purchase separate lowering links for my RSV4 and 1198....would be nice to have an adjustable as standard issue!)
If I understood correctly, modifying the factory hight impacts the entire setup and could potentially cause handling issues. I am 5'7 and wish I could lower mine by an inch but have refrained because of the former.

I am sure there are experts on this forum that could provide guidance.
Old 04-13-2012, 05:08 PM   #5
Mr. Master

MV in the Registry:
[F4 MY2010+]

Dr. Duc, yes of course lowering the ride height at the rear, would also necessitate lowering the ride height on the Front, it's all adjustable to some degree, and all those adjustments will affect handling.
On these bikes, a ride height tool is used to measure the rear,
One of this forum's MVP's, Noel "the Knurl" makes and sells them.
Keep in mind, lowering too much, affects ground clearance when cornering.
I have no idea what the lowest setting available would be, measured at the seat height.
Mr. Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 07:30 PM   #6
SteveNunez

No MVs in the Registry

To be honest I've come across this issue many times.......my Aprilia RSV4 also had a super high seat height and AF1 racing was testing a link that allowed for up to 2 inches of drop and their fastest road tester tested it at the track with no real ill affects.....of course they lowered the front to keep the geometry as close to stock as possible and I've ridden tons of sport bikes with lowering links and are able to lean at near max lean angles with no real problems..........I'm sure pure track riding will reveal deficiencies but for street riding I don't think the issue is as bad as some make it out to be.
I myself have no experience with the MV F4 and was hoping someone here had lowered theirs and perhaps had some feedback as it's always nice to consult with others who may have gone down a road beforehand- but it seems most MV riders are taller and keep their bikes stock...........at 5'3" I can't see myself owning a F4 and keeping the ride height at the stock level- it's simply too tall.
Thanks for the replies guys- if anyone has any other info they can share- it's always appreciated and I'm sure worth sharing.....thanks again guys!
Old 04-14-2012, 01:00 AM   #7
Dr. Duc

MV in the Registry:
[F4 1000]

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveNunez View Post
Hey guys am considering the purchase of a 2010 F4.....does anyone know if a lowering link is available for this bike?
Thanks guys-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Master View Post
Dr. Duc, yes of course lowering the ride height at the rear, would also necessitate lowering the ride height on the Front, it's all adjustable to some degree, and all those adjustments will affect handling.
On these bikes, a ride height tool is used to measure the rear,
One of this forum's MVP's, Noel "the Knurl" makes and sells them.
Keep in mind, lowering too much, affects ground clearance when cornering.
I have no idea what the lowest setting available would be, measured at the seat height.
Thank you for the feedback. This is helpful info.
Old 07-31-2012, 03:26 AM   #8
andyman
Established Member

No MVs in the Registry

Since there isn't any real useful post here I thought i'd inform you a little.
http://www.orientexpress.com/p-6992-...-link-rod.aspx

The problem with the F4 is that there is a maximum amount you can lower with stock linkage. If you know someone with a lathe they can fix your stock unit or you can purchase a modified link.

Even after the mod, your looking at gaining maybe 1" - 1.5". Maybe be good enough. Obviously you'll have to deal fixing the handling but to answer your question, yes you can lower it further then what the factory provided.
andyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 04:08 AM   #9
Donsy
Senior Member and Moderator.

MV in the Registry:
[F4 1000 R]

Send a message via Skype™ to Donsy
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyman View Post

The problem with the F4 is that there is a maximum amount you can lower with stock linkage. If you know someone with a lathe they can fix your stock unit or you can purchase a modified link.

Even after the mod, your looking at gaining maybe 1" - 1.5". Maybe be good enough. Obviously you'll have to deal fixing the handling but to answer your question, yes you can lower it further then what the factory provided.
Since your so smart at "informing" us - the gent asked for info on the 2010+ bikes, and your link clearly show's differently .

And while we are in this subject, how much can the front on the Y10 bikes be lowered to compensate for what you've done at the back.

Mobile - 0438385776 in Australia
eMail me - donsy@teamdouble3racing.com or teamdouble3@bigpond.com [PayPal]
Web - http://www.teamdouble3racing.com/aboutus.php
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Team-...53264738050813
Donsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 04:42 AM   #10
BG Wells

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyman View Post

The link to the part you provided shows a very nice 'replacement' link rod...however it is not clear if it provides any further adjustment over the OEM part...do you have any further information on this other than it being a very nice gold annodised replacement?
This one however will provide a bigger range of adjustment http://www.designcorse.co.uk/Billet_...ble_Link_Screw
and could possibly provide the results the gentleman was after?
I hope my my post was 'useful'?
Brian.

Last edited by BG Wells : 07-31-2012 at 04:55 AM.
BG Wells is online now   Reply With Quote