Forum
Go Back   MVAgusta.net > Technical and Hands On > Customizing
Register FAQ Members List

Old 06-05-2011, 10:27 PM   #1
mv2envy

MV in the Registry:
[F4 1000]

Default F4 comfort mods!!!!

I started doing some comfort mods to my F4 yesterday and I am an fool for not doing these sooner!!!

Mod 1. clip-on risers. Donsy was nice enough to give me a pair of adjustible clip-ons from Performanceparts.de in a trade http://www.performanceparts.de/MV-AG...lar-clamp.html

Installing it was a bit of work and took the better part of a day! But they went on and are 100000% Awesome!!!!!! I measured and in total it raised the bars over 2 inches! What a great piece of kit! I hit the canyons today and did all downhill runs on purpose to see the difference and my neck and back are no longer soar Thanks Dons!!!!!

Mod 2. I always complained about handle bar vibrations, mainly on the right side and today I decided to do something about it since I had these new clip-ons on. My right hand tends to go numb after a canyon run from the vibrations and while the ProGrip 717's helped a lot, they didnt eliminate all of the vibrations.

So I took some clear and very thick vinyl tubing that was just a hair (and I mean a hair) larger than the inner diameter of the clipons, filled the hole in the tubing with a glue gun using high density glue and ramed them into the handle bars filling all of the empty space inside. That fixed the vibration issues and my hand going numb

Mod 3. This one I could have done a while ago, not sure why I didnt, but I adjusted the rearsets back and down and the bike is way more comfy now.

Mod 4. (still in the works) Im trying to buy a spare seat to see if the foam padding can either be replaced with something a bit less dense, or maybe have the foam shaved down as much as possible to lower the seat height and make it more comfy. My seat now feels like Im sitting on a fucking 2x8! We'll see if this mod ever happens....

mv2envy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-06-2011, 12:01 AM   #2
theknurl

Send a message via Skype™ to theknurl
Thumbs down numbness?

Hey Joe....
having abused hands, mostly from riding bicycles 6-8 hours a day for years.....

small changes in bar angles and shapes make the biggest difference.....for me
even with Spenco gel gloves, 3 fingers on my left hand were numb in 30 minutes, but wrapping a lump where my palms held the bars fixed it, even without the gel gloves......the top straight horizontal section never bothered me????? go figure

my clutch and brake levers are at different angles.....
Dianese Hellfire gloves kill the 2nd joint in my thumbs on the Brutale....go figure they are fine on the GS

handle bar vibrations? what are those? my KTM is a 625cc single and all the bar weights for my bikes are in a drawer
except for the GS, too much BS involved in removing them.....brush guards and heated grips

i used to have real high pegs and almost vertical levers so my ankles were at 90 deg.....boots with heels were mandatory....now with a bone chip in my right ankle, we'll see what the F4 needs

Joe, get some of Ade's rubber insert pegs you will love them

the Brutale has a plank for a seat......but the shape is perfect......big bumps launch me, but it doesn't bother me ......when i got my Aprilia RSVR little bumps were brutal, no pun intended

The Forum Curmudgeon
i'm not PC either

ph. 310-414-7247 PST, GMT -8
email, PayPal; theknurl@yahoo.com
Skype; theknurl

Last edited by theknurl : 06-06-2011 at 12:05 AM.
theknurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 01:19 AM   #3
mv2envy

MV in the Registry:
[F4 1000]

I like my pegs, they just needed to come down and go back a bit. The clip-ons are GOD sent! Can't believe it took me this long to do these mods.

As for the bars vibrating, I think filling the empty holes in the tubes should do the trick. Will see after a proper long ride next weekend. My ride today was cut short when it started raining on me on Latigo!

mv2envy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 01:27 AM   #4
Donsy
Memory like an Elephant, sometimes.

MV in the Registry:
[F4 1000 R]

Send a message via Skype™ to Donsy
Default +10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mv2envy View Post
I started doing some comfort mods to my F4 yesterday and I am an fool for not doing these sooner!!!

Mod 1. clip-on risers. Donsy was nice enough to give me a pair of adjustible clip-ons from Performanceparts.de in a trade http://www.performanceparts.de/MV-AG...lar-clamp.html

Installing it was a bit of work and took the better part of a day! But they went on and are 100000% Awesome!!!!!! I measured and in total it raised the bars over 2 inches! What a great piece of kit! I hit the canyons today and did all downhill runs on purpose to see the difference and my neck and back are no longer soar Thanks Dons!!!!!

Mod 2. I always complained about handle bar vibrations, mainly on the right side and today I decided to do something about it since I had these new clip-ons on. My right hand tends to go numb after a canyon run from the vibrations and while the ProGrip 717's helped a lot, they didnt eliminate all of the vibrations.

So I took some clear and very thick vinyl tubing that was just a hair (and I mean a hair) larger than the inner diameter of the clipons, filled the hole in the tubing with a glue gun using high density glue and ramed them into the handle bars filling all of the empty space inside. That fixed the vibration issues and my hand going numb

Mod 3. This one I could have done a while ago, not sure why I didnt, but I adjusted the rearsets back and down and the bike is way more comfy now.

Mod 4. (still in the works) Im trying to buy a spare seat to see if the foam padding can either be replaced with something a bit less dense, or maybe have the foam shaved down as much as possible to lower the seat height and make it more comfy. My seat now feels like Im sitting on a fucking 2x8! We'll see if this mod ever happens....

No worries Joe, enjoy mate.

Mobile - 0438385776 in Australia
eMail me - donsy@teamdouble3racing.com or teamdouble3@bigpond.com [PayPal]
Web - http://www.teamdouble3racing.com/aboutus.php
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Team-...53264738050813
Donsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 01:28 AM   #5
theknurl

Send a message via Skype™ to theknurl
Thumbs down rain?

Joe;
you have to be kidding me.....i rained in Malibu today? i was at the trap range in El Segundo about noon and it looked clear to the north and ugly to the south

i was going to go to the canyons.......but i'm behind in my work.....

The Forum Curmudgeon
i'm not PC either

ph. 310-414-7247 PST, GMT -8
email, PayPal; theknurl@yahoo.com
Skype; theknurl
theknurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 03:32 AM   #6
MVista
Cyber SPOTTER

Talking Hey Old Man

Comfort mods? Did I read in the 'smoking thread' that you are 30? Comfort mods at 30? - Get fit ya pussy, instead of looking for the old man's way out!
Old 06-06-2011, 04:09 AM   #7
DarkSuedeStar

Send a message via MSN to DarkSuedeStar Send a message via Skype™ to DarkSuedeStar

Strange to talk about vibration in the handle bars, never had this sensation while I rode the F4.
I'm just 30' so probably I'm going to Parkinson-moded :'( Oh la la
Old 06-06-2011, 04:11 AM   #8
ErikV

MV in the Registry:
[F4 MY2010+]

Send a message via Skype™ to ErikV

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVista View Post
Comfort mods? Did I read in the 'smoking thread' that you are 30? Comfort mods at 30? - Get fit ya pussy, instead of looking for the old man's way out!
+1. I was about to make the same remarks...

Is this is what comfy looks like?
Old 06-06-2011, 05:31 AM   #9
john
Silly Old Sod

MV in the Registry:
[F4 1000]

Send a message via Yahoo to john
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVista View Post
+ 1

If you can't fix it with a hammer you've got an electrical problem!
john is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 05:38 AM   #10
MVista
Cyber SPOTTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikV View Post
+1. I was about to make the same remarks...
Quote:
Originally Posted by john View Post
+ 1
Geez, it's nice to see us "older chaps" have more verve than these young'uns

Hell, If I need a comfort mod on my F4 then the only comfort mod I'll make is to turn it into Brutale 1090rr as I'll know my time has come - I don't expect that to be for a very long time yet