|

Forum
Go Back   MVAgusta.net > Models > F3
Register FAQ Members List

Old 03-28-2012, 06:50 PM   #21
perfect

MV in the Registry:
[F3]

i hope you are right, hopefully tight EU emmision regs is the cause of this so far massive fail.
Advertisement

Old 03-28-2012, 06:54 PM   #22
Fergymax

It it helps I was in the same place with the F4RR following less than glowing media reports. Having received the bike and riden it is is better than I was expecting and easy matches the Fireblade for handling and blows it away on power. Keep the faith....
Fergymax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 07:52 PM   #23
DannyG

MV in the Registry:
[F4 1000 R]

I totally understand your disappointment and apprehension regarding the F3 and you would expect after the time they had to get it right and the poor reviews regarding the fuelling/throttle response on the F4R/F4S that the fuelling would be immaculate.
But on the launch report by MCN themselves, they reported that in sport mode it was hard work with a snatchy throttle and all or nothing power delivery. But then they said using one of the other modes, or better still, taking some time to set up a custom mode, it was far, far better
Some quotes from MCN:
"Riding the 9999 MV Agusta F3 at its world launch around the surreal blue and red-lined track at Paul Ricard in the south of France has left MCN seriously impressed with MV's first brand new bike since the Brutale in 2002."

"The throttle response on the F3 can be a little snatchy and hesitant depending in which of the four power maps you're in."

"There is also a custom mode where you can build in the kind of revs, the kind of throttle response you want and then it was absolutely perfect"
See: http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/Ne...f3-first-ride/

So you see it is all relative. The Truimph may be a better 'all rounder' for the road, but it looks cheap, flimsy, unexciting and does absolutely nothing for me whatsoever so I'd much rather spend some time setting up the most beautiful and technically advanced supersports bike ever created to get it just the way I like it than have an ugly, boring, sports middleweight which just happens to feel good around town!!

When MCN and most other mags review bike, they do so without making any alterations to them and in their 'as you get it from the showroom' state. So if their F3 was set to sports mode when they received it, then that's probably how they will use it, maybe they will try a less sporty mode, but I can almost guarantee that they never took the time to fine tune the custom mode to get the fuelling just they way they want it which if they had done would probably make a comparison with the Triumph's fuelling much closer. Many buyers of the F3 will be using it for racing on both local and national levels, Alstare will be racing the F3 next season in World Superbikes!! The F3 allows them to get the best from it more easily but also, with some fine tuning, allows Joe Public to get the best from it when riding in town!!

Test ride it first, make sure they have set it to a mode other than sports mode and stop reading negative reviews!!!...Like the rich and famous Hollywood stars say..." I don't read the press because they never have anything nice to say about me and it's all bollocks anyway"

I guarantee once it is sat in your drive, gleaming in the sun, warming up ready for you to ride, and attracting envious glances....You'll know you've made the right decision!!

Last edited by DannyG : 03-28-2012 at 08:05 PM.
DannyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 08:07 PM   #24
kieran323

MV in the Registry:
[F4S 750]

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyG View Post
I totally understand your disappointment and apprehension regarding the F3 and you would expect after the time they had to get it right and the poor reviews regarding the fuelling/throttle response on the F4R/F4S that the fuelling would be immaculate.
But on the launch report by MCN themselves, they reported that in sport mode it was hard work with a snatchy throttle and all or nothing power delivery. But then they said using one of the other modes, or better still, taking some time to set up a custom mode, it was far, far better
Some quotes from MCN:
"Riding the 9999 MV Agusta F3 at its world launch around the surreal blue and red-lined track at Paul Ricard in the south of France has left MCN seriously impressed with MV's first brand new bike since the Brutale in 2002."

"The throttle response on the F3 can be a little snatchy and hesitant depending in which of the four power maps you're in."

"There is also a custom mode where you can build in the kind of revs, the kind of throttle response you want and then it was absolutely perfect"
See: http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/Ne...f3-first-ride/

So you see it is all relative. The Truimph may be a better 'all rounder' for the road, but it looks cheap, flimsy, unexciting and does absolutely nothing for me whatsoever so I'd much rather spend some time setting up the most beautiful and technically advanced supersports bike ever created to get it just the way I like it than have an ugly, boring, sports middleweight which just happens to feel good around town!!

When MCN and most other mags review bike, they do so without making any alterations to them and in their 'as you get it from the showroom' state. So if their F3 was set to sports mode when they received it, then that's probably how they will use it, maybe they will try a less sporty mode, but I can almost guarantee that they never took the time to fine tune the custom mode to get the fuelling just they way they want it which if they had done would probably make a comparison with the Triumph's fuelling much closer. Many buyers of the F3 will be using it for racing on both local and national levels, Alstare will be racing the F3 next season in World Superbikes!! The F3 allows them to get the best from it more easily but also, with some fine tuning, allows Joe Public to get the best from it when riding in town!!

Test ride it first, make sure they have set it to a mode other than sports mode and stop reading negative reviews!!!...Like the rich and famous Hollywood stars say..." I don't read the press because they never have anything nice to say about me and it's all bollocks anyway"

I guarantee once it is sat in your drive, gleaming in the sun, warming up ready for you to ride, and attracting envious glances....You'll know you've made the right decision!!
+100 exactly what I was trying to say!
"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all their life" #58
kieran323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 08:11 PM   #25
R1andrew

MV in the Registry:
[F4 1000 R]

You get the bike which talks to your soul then you make it yours. End of story. I don't care what some writer in a magazine is saying just to keep a job and sell more magazines.
R1andrew is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 09:35 PM   #26
Velocemoto

No MVs in the Registry

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1andrew View Post
You get the bike which talks to your soul then you make it yours. End of story. I don't care what some writer in a magazine is saying just to keep a job and sell more magazines.
Agreed, or none of us would have bought an F4-750 a decade ago, let alone the new F3
Old 03-28-2012, 09:54 PM   #27
MVista
Cyber SPOTTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by greggo View Post
I have ridden shit bikes that the press adored, and fantastic bikes the press rubbished. Frankly the only thing magazines are good for are pretty pictures (except Alan Cathcart, he's a legend - check out his history).

So the fact some tool in a magazine says the fueling is shitte on the road and low speed does not in the least bother me at all. If I wanted to ride it slow i'd buy a CT110.

Stop being so easily influenced by others, and have a mind of your own, If that's too much effort start braying like a sheep and eating grass.

I am still eagerly awaiting delivery of my sleek black MV F3 like a kid waiting for santa clause.
Hell I could have written this post myself The only difference is mine will be red/silver.

LMAO @ CT110 - sometimes you need to point out the bloody obvious hope the reviewer reads your post

Love the fervour!!
Old 03-29-2012, 05:16 AM   #28
rents

MV in the Registry:
[Brutale S]

What bothers me is that potential buyers could be turned off by reading these MCN articles, and getting the wrong end of the stick, and not going through with actually going down to the shop and looking at and riding one to see for themselves.

I'm not talking about previous MV owners, whom as displayed in this thread are more likely to make our own informed decisions to purchase, irrespective of and with little regard for press reviews. I'm talking about the riders who wouldn't have considered an MV previously - be it out of their price range or other factor(s). MV are building and pricing the F3 to grow their market share and the future of the company depends on this new business model being a success. A rider who hasn't been fortunate enough to experience an MV previously will be far likelier to be negatively swayed by press reviews, right at the stage when they have a spark in their mind that says "just maybe..."

If MV trips over due to even slightly lacking F3 sales then the brand-loyal customers lose out too.
rents is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 06:19 AM   #29
MVista
Cyber SPOTTER

Exclamation Thanks For The Wake Up Call

Quote:
Originally Posted by rents View Post
What bothers me is that potential buyers could be turned off by reading these MCN articles, and getting the wrong end of the stick, and not going through with actually going down to the shop and looking at and riding one to see for themselves.

I'm not talking about previous MV owners, whom as displayed in this thread are more likely to make our own informed decisions to purchase, irrespective of and with little regard for press reviews. I'm talking about the riders who wouldn't have considered an MV previously - be it out of their price range or other factor(s). MV are building and pricing the F3 to grow their market share and the future of the company depends on this new business model being a success. A rider who hasn't been fortunate enough to experience an MV previously will be far likelier to be negatively swayed by press reviews, right at the stage when they have a spark in their mind that says "just maybe..."

If MV trips over due to even slightly lacking F3 sales then the brand-loyal customers lose out too.
Rents, I don't know where you go when you disappear for large chunks of time - It is always a breath of fresh air to read your posts when you appear.

You are of course (and I doubt anyone will argue with you) 100% correct.

Now as an extension of thoughts, if any of those potential uninitiated MV riders think to themselves "Let's see what the internet white noise is?" & they login here to MV Agusta's premier forum - they would be greeted by the foul stench of desperation & exasperation at a poorly made under performing new model.

Incredulously, none of the people have ridden the bike & in some cases even seen it in the flesh yet rely on 'reviews'.

These sentiments are projected on a site of marque aficionados? If anything it should be quite the opposite here.

I do this on a daily basis & remain astounded they we are so willingly prepared to shoot ourselves in the foot - perhaps I should take a leaf out of you book rents.
Old 03-29-2012, 06:43 AM   #30
gotojoe

MV in the Registry:
[F4 1000 R]

I agree with the thrust of this post...

I will not judge the F3 at all until I have seen one in the flesh. How can we judge a bike we haven't seen and ridden.?
I also agree that the forum is a showcase and a source of reference and "checking the weather" for potential converts to MV Agusta...It isn't a closed community...

As far as MCN are concerned..What is their angle ? Why would they rubbish the bike ?

I do know that since Caxton knocked out his first flyer that this much holds true :-

YOU CANNOT BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU READ IN THE PAPERS

One thing I will say is this..When Ade gets to ride one I'll be much much more interested in his write up on the F3 than MCN..

joe
gotojoe is offline   Reply With Quote