Forum
Go Back   MVAgusta.net > Technical and Hands On > Performance
Register FAQ Members List

Old 03-19-2012, 03:02 PM   #1
X-Bikes Racing
Site Sponsor

No MVs in the Registry

Default Microtec Dyno results

Below and attached to the following replies are dyno results for the various models of MV that i have mapped. Some results are better than others and some of the real benefits can't be seen in the 100% throttle power runs but are felt in the general running of the bike.

First up is the EURO 3 910R.

Nice gain really for just an ECU swap. This bike had stock end cans and MV corse headers to remove the CAT.

A steady 5% gain.
Attached Images

X-Bikes Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-19-2012, 04:58 PM   #2
X-Bikes Racing
Site Sponsor

No MVs in the Registry

Default 1078 B4

Next up is the 1078 Brutale.

A choice for these but on average i see the types of results shown in the attached.
Attached Images

Old 03-20-2012, 09:14 AM   #3
mikef4uk

MV in the Registry:
[F4 1000 R]

Good results Chris, and your spot on, it's so hard to show the lower throttle gains, more so on FBW bikes, it's more a seat of the pants thing

MV's all gone now, still have a soft spot for MV's, waiting for MV to tick all my boxes again.
Previously (and about 40 others)748SP, S4, S4R, 98R1, 2000 F4, F41000S, F41000R, 08R1, 09R1, S1000RR, RSV4 Factory aPRC in Garage now
mikef4uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 11:25 AM   #4
barthautala

MV in the Registry:
[F4 1000 R]

Holy smokes thats awesome!
barthautala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 12:37 PM   #5
X81
Site Sponsor

No MVs in the Registry

More results to come for all the MV's, i'll do a few more tonight, just got to sift through all the results i have here and find averages for most common types of set ups i.e. exhausts etc.

e.g. the 1000S results don't look great but the bike rode so much better and got rid of a couple of the more common issues associated with that model.

i'll get everything posted up over the next few nights.

cheers
X81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 02:46 PM   #6
MV-999R

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Bikes Racing View Post
Next up is the 1078 Brutale.

A choice for these but on average i see the types of results shown in the attached.
Now this one is impressive!
Old 03-20-2012, 08:55 PM   #7
Kreativ

MV in the Registry:
[F4 1000]

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by X81 View Post
More results to come for all the MV's, i'll do a few more tonight, just got to sift through all the results i have here and find averages for most common types of set ups i.e. exhausts etc.

e.g. the 1000S results don't look great but the bike rode so much better and got rid of a couple of the more common issues associated with that model.

i'll get everything posted up over the next few nights.

cheers

Yes show some 1000s results

Chris can you explain the possible traction control with the earlier models with your microtech. i think i read about it in another of your threads. can you please explain and correct me if im wrong.
Kreativ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 05:52 AM   #8
X-Bikes Racing
Site Sponsor

No MVs in the Registry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreativ View Post
Yes show some 1000s results

Chris can you explain the possible traction control with the earlier models with your microtech. i think i read about it in another of your threads. can you please explain and correct me if im wrong.

I'll sort the results out tonight. they're on my dyno comnputer so i need to copy the files over to this one. I will definitley get it taken care of tonight though

the traction control looks like it will be a rate fo chnage set up. Similar to the Kawasaki system from a few years ago.

Essentially there is a setting i was unaware that i had which enables me to give the ECU gear information i.e. tell it what gear it is in without modifying the bike further.

Therefore everything i have written is now multiplied by the number of gears so we can have:..............

gear specifc rev limits, quich shifter kill times and gear specific maps.

So in theory we can right a really good ignition map and then in first gear make it loads softer for everday riding whilst making it come stronger in the higher gears.

Also with the rate of change correction this will also be gear specific so you will have ground speed(mph/kph) vs rpm vs gear.

I'm working on it right now. It won't be a super advanced type of traction control as in reality you need G meters, acceleromoters etc to run proper stuff but for a clunky old 1000S it'll be a big step forward.

If this set up works then all the M180X fitments will have it. This won't be possible on the M226.............................yet. It's an update that will come but i have no idea when as it's not a change i can make.

Hope that helps.
Old 03-21-2012, 06:42 AM   #9
X-Bikes Racing
Site Sponsor

No MVs in the Registry

Default 1000s

This is a 1000S with std exhausts and cat fitted.

Nothing changed other than the ECU.

A small gain perhaps but in theory the bike should have been fine as it did not have any performance altering parts fitted.

The next graph is the same 1000S with modded end cans. Yes there is an annoying dip at 4krpm that i have only seen on one other MV so when i get another 1000S in i will investigate it further. You don't feel it on the road but it shoul dbe perfect in that area and it's not.

The changes you can't see are the part throttle ones coming on throttle from closed mid corner. Proper engine braking with the EBS valve and cooler running temps.

Smooth power from idle in all gears right through the rev range.

It turns the 1000S into a really nice bike imo. A good balance of everything. Smooth torque and impressive power which tbh i think most of us will agree that 150bhp is more than enough.

And for all those who will now post graphs of their 165+bhp S models please be aware that my dyno reads approx 5% down and all dyno's are different so figures can not be compared.

I'm simply dealing with % gains and before and after figures obtained on my dyno.

Enjoy.
Attached Images

Old 03-21-2012, 07:17 AM   #10
hb88xx

what is the a/f ratio you are aiming for? is that for every engine config the same?
12,5 for power and higher for lower consumption?

backlight
hb88xx is offline   Reply With Quote