# Thread issues known F4 MY10 in IMAGES. - Page 3 - MVAgusta.net
log in
|
|


Forum
Go Back   MVAgusta.net > Models > F4 - 2nd Gen. 2010+
Register FAQ Members List
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2012, 05:07 AM   #21
silentservice703
Senior Member


 
silentservice703's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Duxbury, MA, USA
Posts: 8,849
Send a message via AIM to silentservice703 Send a message via Yahoo to silentservice703 Send a message via Skype™ to silentservice703
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexS View Post
I am either loosing my mind (could be true anyway) or
1 more for the list, wonder if anyone else experienced this? -
Traction control has a mind of it own. Changes levels or shuts off on its own at random.
Alex, reefer, to post #22....(pun intended, oh, you spelling police!)
__________________
If you don't start in the morning, you can't drink all day.
silentservice703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-22-2012, 05:46 AM   #22
Vortex
Senior Member

MV in the Registry:
[F4 MY2010+]

 
Vortex's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 58
Default

Check ,check ,check .... yea got some of thos issues. Looks like a complete listing of it's "character". Anyway, still love this bike!
Vortex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 07:09 AM   #23
SpainF4
Senior Member

MV in the Registry:
[F4 MY2010+]

 
SpainF4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Benidorm
Posts: 825
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexS View Post
I am either loosing my mind (could be true anyway) or
1 more for the list, wonder if anyone else experienced this? -
Traction control has a mind of it own. Changes levels or shuts off on its own at random.
You know that each time that you turn off the bike, the TC , put again in original factory settings : Number 5

Sent from my Samsung using Tapatalk
SpainF4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 11:31 AM   #24
stephen wood
Banned

No MVs in the Registry

 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Cheshire
Posts: 1,449
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpainF4 View Post
Exactly !!
I do not put this thread to say that the bike has many problems or I'm disappointed.
The bike is great and I'm happy !!! and I put the problems just for user information.
These are all problems of the model, but not all bikes suffer.
The F4 MY10 is amazing !!!, and I will buy again with blind eyes.

Sent from my Samsung using Tapatalk
Interestingly I had a 2010 F4 1000 and it to had all the same problems your bike has got except for the sutty exhausts, however I have just started using my new F4 1000RR, 400 mile and have alook at the exhaust pipes. I have booked it in for further investigation, if I get to know anything I'll let you know.

Can Mrview spell check please? I like to keep him feeling valued as a member, it appears to be his only strong point?
Attached Images
  
stephen wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 02:23 PM   #25
SpainF4
Senior Member

MV in the Registry:
[F4 MY2010+]

 
SpainF4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Benidorm
Posts: 825
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephen wood View Post
Interestingly I had a 2010 F4 1000 and it to had all the same problems your bike has got except for the sutty exhausts, however I have just started using my new F4 1000RR, 400 mile and have alook at the exhaust pipes. I have booked it in for further investigation, if I get to know anything I'll let you know.

Can Mrview spell check please? I like to keep him feeling valued as a member, it appears to be his only strong point?
The same problem and the same F4 model :
http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=45162
SpainF4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 10:13 AM   #26
my10-jakarta
Senior Member

No MVs in the Registry

 
my10-jakarta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Jakarta
Posts: 371
Default

This is a wonderful thread. But don't get wrong. 2010 F4 is wonderful bike.

Radiator leak on page 1 is my bike, fixed with local mechanic for usd 50-60. Fan touch the radiator.

Please note down there are also problem from other brands.

http://www.s1000rrforum.com/forum/bm...rr-down-2.html

I can go on with more list, but the most important is

support of after sales service and good mechanic. Hope MV can deliver that.
my10-jakarta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 02:53 AM   #27
SpainF4
Senior Member

MV in the Registry:
[F4 MY2010+]

 
SpainF4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Benidorm
Posts: 825
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpainF4 View Post
Updated in firt post too.

12.-Exhaust Manifold Protección Kit .Part no: 8000B6294.
Original proteccions are broken and doesn't work well.
Better protections with new materials.
Attachment 56501
Attachment 56502
Attachment 56503
Attachment 56504
Attachment 56505
Sent from my Samsung using Tapatalk
Updating pictures changing in bike:
Before 1:
Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1333957507294.jpg
Views: 373
Size:  289.5 KB
Differences 1:
Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1333957583380.jpg
Views: 375
Size:  816.6 KB
Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1333957617620.jpg
Views: 373
Size:  698.2 KB
Installing 1:
Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1333957676030.jpg
Views: 373
Size:  216.2 KB
Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1333957704786.jpg
Views: 372
Size:  317.5 KB
Before 2:
Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1333957743309.jpg
Views: 374
Size:  314.6 KB
Differences 2:
Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1333957839148.jpg
Views: 372
Size:  572.5 KB
Installing 2:
Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1333957895280.jpg
Views: 369
Size:  349.8 KB

Sent from my Samsung using Tapatalk
SpainF4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 03:32 AM   #28
DLO01
Established Member

No MVs in the Registry

 
DLO01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 240
Default

2011 MV F4.

I've had:
Side cover oil leak.
Condensation in the light.
Fuel tank expansion. Its very minor, but noticeable. Always used good fuel, BP Ultimate 98.

Another issue not mentioned yet, so just me at this stage. After getting the side cover leak fixed. I noticed some oil spray still on my left boot (very minor like the side cover leak). It still seemed like it was coming from the side cover even after the leak. I investigated further, took the side faring off and noticed a small line of oil tracing back up from the side cover, up an in toward the middle of the engine until it went out of view. Mechanic has now fixed the problem and said it was the seal on the starter motor that some oil was coming out of.
__________________
Deano.

Last edited by DLO01 : 05-17-2012 at 03:36 AM.
DLO01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 06:13 AM   #29
SpainF4
Senior Member

MV in the Registry:
[F4 MY2010+]

 
SpainF4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Benidorm
Posts: 825
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLO01 View Post
2011 MV F4.

I've had:
Side cover oil leak.
Condensation in the light.
Fuel tank expansion. Its very minor, but noticeable. Always used good fuel, BP Ultimate 98.

Another issue not mentioned yet, so just me at this stage. After getting the side cover leak fixed. I noticed some oil spray still on my left boot (very minor like the side cover leak). It still seemed like it was coming from the side cover even after the leak. I investigated further, took the side faring off and noticed a small line of oil tracing back up from the side cover, up an in toward the middle of the engine until it went out of view. Mechanic has now fixed the problem and said it was the seal on the starter motor that some oil was coming out of.
Really I don't know now if I should change the title of the thread, for:
Thread issues known F4 MY10-11 in images
Because I can see that MY11 still have the same problems.
SpainF4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 02:55 AM   #30
stickmandj
Member

MV in the Registry:
[F4 MY2010+]

 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Lethbridge, AB
Posts: 29
Default

I actually just had my bike in for it's first service and the mechanic noticed the same leak from the seal at the starter motor. They replaced the o-ring and said it seems to have cured it. He said it wasn't much of a leak though.
stickmandj is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


Powered by vBulletin. Copyright © 2000-2010 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.