|

Forum
Go Back   MVAgusta.net > Models > F3
Register FAQ Members List

Old 03-10-2012, 09:47 AM   #21
kawininja

MV in the Registry:
[F4 MY2010+]

I don't know. I think MCN usually gives pretty informative and valid reviews. Some people may not like what they say, but I have found they are pretty spot on. If they say the fueling sucks and such....it probably does.
kawininja is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-10-2012, 10:21 AM   #22
MVBERT

No MVs in the Registry

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Hi, Bad fueling or not raw motor or not, poorish gearbox or not I'm still going to vote for the F3.
Why? I'll tell you why.
4th- They bring the Triumph Daytona R and not the normal version. Well take the F3 ORO next time
I thought they used the Triumph Daytona R because it is the same price as the standard F3 - 9999, seems fair to me, the oro is mucho more dosh.
MVBERT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 10:43 AM   #23
idahomike
Established Member

MV in the Registry:
[F3]

Send a message via Skype™ to idahomike

Quote:
Originally Posted by perfect View Post
I have read a few articles in the last week as there is a big feature in Bike magazine and motorcycle and leisure, the bike magazine read almost the same as MCNS test where they picked out the faults, probably as I'm sure bike magazine is owned by MCN. The motorcyce and leisure was more enthusiastic and complementry, they focus more on the passion, the lust for such a beautiful bike and the history of MV and it's sadly passed leader.

I have waited 14 months now since handing over a deposit, there have been times when I have thought should I wait for an updated version when they have ironed out any imperfections or maybe a special edition bike. I will create my own special unique edition as I'm sure a few of us will.

I have just had a litle girl who is 7 weeks old today, fortunately my girlfriend is very supportive of my hobby and insists I have the bike I have made so much fuss over, she even said it can go in the house! God I love her! I don't think I will get that much time on the bike with my new baby but like MCN said my riding will be early Sunday morning blasts and no doudt hours spent in the garden polishing it.

My opinion is journo's are quite often critical as they are looking for good and bad points, let's be honest that's what we want to know, I believe the average rider wouldn't notice some of the things they pick up on and I am sure when you are sat on the MV cruising past other bikers envious eyes you won't give a toss about a slightly jerky throttle or clunky gearbox.

Not to diss the Triumph as I know a few of you own them but it's no contest for me, the MV wins hands down as when I look at the Triumph it don't get my pulse racing or wow me with it's beauty, the F3 for me was love at first sight and I have sold three good bikes to fund this dream, I couldn't care less how it rides as long as it rides, I know it will sound good, I know it looks amazing, I know people will stare at it and say WOW that's a stunning bike. I'm not cancelling my order, I can't wait much longer, what ever the quirks or niggels it has I'm sure MV will rectify eventually and what ever they don't I'll fix myself one way or another. I would much rather own a bike with character, personality and is thrilling to ride than in my opinion an average looking bike that rides good and is smoother, I would turn down two Daytona's for one F3. I am buying with my heart, I can live with that.

I just want it now, I have butterflies already and as the weeks pass they are getting stronger, when I get the call from my dealer I don't care where I am, what time of day it is, I'm out the door to see my new bike, not long now, hopefully anyway.

I'm with you perfect....The history and the passion are everything...Agostini and Hailwood didn't ride Triumphs, they rode MV's and while Triumph may be longest producing motorcycle company in the world, they don't have 37 world championships! When you go to Italy, you see this history and passion in everything. To be part of Claudio's lifelong dream is an honor...I can't wait either!!!!
Old 03-10-2012, 10:51 AM   #24
adecritten

No MVs in the Registry

[quote=badboy;510354]Hi, Bad fueling or not raw motor or not, poorish gearbox or not I'm still going to vote for the 4th- They bring the Triumph Daytona R and not the normal version. Well take the F3 ORO next time. Surely they compared the two bikes on a worth for worth basis!! e.g. WTF are you getting for your 10K

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawininja View Post
I don't know. I think MCN usually gives pretty informative and valid reviews. Some people may not like what they say, but I have found they are pretty spot on. If they say the fueling sucks and such....it probably does. Well said kawininja

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVBERT View Post
I thought they used the Triumph Daytona R because it is the same price as the standard F3 - 9999, seems fair to me, the oro is mucho more dosh. Correct MVBERT

And other than the 10,000 extra price tag for the bling and saving a few pounds in weight, can you please splain to me what the out and out performance difference is between the Oro and the stock F3 ??

Don't forget the Triumph Daytona 'R' already has all the trick bits such as Ohlins suspension as standard and costs 10K less than the Oro, you can buy a whole shit load of goodies for 10K!!

Just think how good the Triumph would be in comparrison to the Oro if you slung another 10K.

Time will tell............................

adecritten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 11:09 AM   #25
adecritten

No MVs in the Registry

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by idahomike View Post
The history and the passion are everything...Agostini and Hailwood didn't ride Triumphs,

And this is who? and he's riding a what?

Triumph were racing motorcycle long before MV Agusta were even though about!!

More than 1,000 motorcycles are made, with new 450cc 3.5bhp engine.
Triumph riders Jack Marshall and Freddie Hulbert place second and third in the first motorcycle TT race (Isle of Man - a Matchless was the first).

http://www.triumphconnection.com/History.asp

Last edited by adecritten : 11-27-2013 at 01:53 PM.
Old 03-10-2012, 11:34 AM   #26
rz33v4

No MVs in the Registry

[quote=adecritten;510371]
Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Hi, Bad fueling or not raw motor or not, poorish gearbox or not I'm still going to vote for the 4th- They bring the Triumph Daytona R and not the normal version. Well take the F3 ORO next time. Surely they compared the two bikes on a worth for worth basis!! e.g. WTF are you getting for your 10K

And other than the 10,000 extra price tag for the bling and saving a few pounds in weight, can you please splain to me what the out and out performance difference is between the Oro and the stock F3 ??

Don't forget the Triumph Daytona 'R' already has all the trick bits such as Ohlins suspension as standard and costs 10K less than the Oro, you can buy a whole shit load of goodies for 10K!!

Just think how good the Triumph would be in comparrison to the Oro if you slung another 10K.

Time will tell............................

rz33v4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 12:33 PM   #27
ondgas

No MVs in the Registry

Send a message via AIM to ondgas

The oro has full ohlins full carbon bodywork. Launch control, wheelie control, shift asist adjustable rearsets, sterring dampner, and there is only 200 world wide. There's the diff between the standard f3 and an oro. All this yapping about one mans opinion on a machine the public has yet 2 give there opinion on. Did any of you listen to eric bostrom which is a world class racer.... he loved it.
ondgas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 01:08 PM   #28
adecritten

No MVs in the Registry

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by ondgas View Post
The oro has full ohlins full carbon bodywork. Launch control, wheelie control, shift asist adjustable rearsets, sterring dampner, and there is only 200 world wide. There's the diff between the standard f3 and an oro. All this yapping about one mans opinion on a machine the public has yet 2 give there opinion on. Did any of you listen to eric bostrom which is a world class racer.... he loved it.
The F3 oro is 20,000 or $32,000 in our money. I should bloody well hope he did like it LOL!! Did he ride the Daytona 'R' on the same day and compare them back to back?

What I asked was " can you please splain to me what the out and out performance difference is between the Oro and the stock F3"

You have described the bolt ons, not the performance advantage, is the engine built to a different specification (Higher state of tune), possibly it has more BHP? that's all I'm asking.

Old 03-10-2012, 01:19 PM   #29
gotojoe

MV in the Registry:
[F4 1000 R]

Perfectly reasonable question Ade.

Do the ORo bikes increase in value over time as they are rare. Are they an investment ?

joe
gotojoe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 01:27 PM   #30
Greny

It,s normal that the trumpet is a lot better then the Mv , it,s got years of refinement under it,s belly , some years of super sport competition.
Mv did for a 1st year new model more then OK , just my 2 cents, for the rest , Ade has slammed the nails right on
Greny is offline   Reply With Quote