Go Back   MVAgusta.net > General > Events, Rides, Group Rides, and Meets
Register FAQ Members List

Old 03-04-2012, 12:31 PM   #31
Randarosa
Big Randaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDS View Post
Randy.

The Beemer and the Kawasaki Concours 1400 would be my choice.. I suppose the Concours 1400 is some kind of custom cruiser ? ( haven't seen one here in the UK)..

John, doesn't Kawasaki sell this bike in the UK, if under a different name? For the money, most people think that the Concours 1400 is the best large sport touring bike available. Comfortable, powerful, well built, inexpensive, blinding fast for what it is, and not ugly. Four hundred miles at a time in relative comfort, is what it is known for. Mine cost $13,000 (left over 2010) versus the BMW 1600GT at over $26,000.
910R, S4RS,'78 BMW R100S, '72 Honda CB350f Cafe Racer, '70 CB175 Cafe Racer, Heritage Softail, Chrome V-Rod, Sportster 48, '34 HD VFD sidecar ("Betty Jean"....after my dearly departed mother), Kawasaki Concours 1400, yellow Vespa LX 150, a cool little Ruckus, Lee Halverson's fantastic "Green Monster", and a very understanding wife........

Last edited by Randarosa : 03-04-2012 at 02:06 PM.
Randarosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2012, 01:00 PM   #32
CAG

Send a message via Skype™ to CAG

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdamb View Post
We are still docked at Burdines Waterfront Marina in Marathon, slip #8. till April 1 and you guys are welcome aboard.
Me too!
CAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 01:17 PM   #33
silentservice703

Send a message via AIM to silentservice703 Send a message via Yahoo to silentservice703 Send a message via Skype™ to silentservice703

Chris, take 'em to the Seven Mile Grill !!! (I hope it's as tastey as I remember...)
Old 03-04-2012, 01:24 PM   #34
Juan

Excuse me jumping in... Yes they do it in the uk http://www.kawasaki.co.uk/product.asp?Id=340D3ADCBBC

Top bike for distance and no corners....

The 200 is on our wish list.... maybe 2014 if we are still alive and kicking ....

Last edited by Juan : 03-04-2012 at 01:48 PM.
Juan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 06:12 PM   #35
wa2fst

No MVs in the Registry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randarosa View Post
We'll swap back and forth....
Give me break!

Probably the best ride to cruise for you guys would be Hoover rounds.

Seriously the concourse no joking here if anything I would be ur not flatfooted holding it up would b a pain walking it in or backing in spots. That was always my problem when I lived in Florida and would go to bike week. Friggin parking in all those crowded spots.
wa2fst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 06:21 PM   #36
Randarosa
Big Randaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by wa2fst View Post
Give me break!

Probably the best ride to cruise for you guys would be Hoover rounds.

Seriously the concourse no joking here if anything I would be ur not flatfooted holding it up would b a pain walking it in or backing in spots. That was always my problem when I lived in Florida and would go to bike week. Friggin parking in all those crowded spots.

Hey Al, there's this new thing called punctuation......icannotunderstandyourpostcanyouhe lpabubbaout?

910R, S4RS,'78 BMW R100S, '72 Honda CB350f Cafe Racer, '70 CB175 Cafe Racer, Heritage Softail, Chrome V-Rod, Sportster 48, '34 HD VFD sidecar ("Betty Jean"....after my dearly departed mother), Kawasaki Concours 1400, yellow Vespa LX 150, a cool little Ruckus, Lee Halverson's fantastic "Green Monster", and a very understanding wife........
Old 03-04-2012, 07:11 PM   #37
JDS
King of Bling

Send a message via MSN to JDS

Quote:
We'll swap bikes back and forth....
Randy.. This trip sounds like a blast..

Check this Old Beemer that's for sale over here ( cracking example):
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2307529014...84.m1423.l2649

Quote:
John, doesn't Kawasaki sell this bike in the UK, if under a different name? For the money, most people think that the Concours 1400 is the best large sport touring bike available. Comfortable, powerful, well built, inexpensive, blinding fast for what it is, and not ugly. Four hundred miles at a time in relative comfort, is what it is known for. Mine cost $13,000 (left over 2010) versus the BMW 1600GT at over $26,000.
I'm not upto speed in this area of touring bikes and don't really know the various models out there.. It appears we do have them over here ( cheers Juan), but under a different name..

Did you sell your Ducati Sport ?... They are becoming very rare bikes over here..

EMAIL : john@jandrdasilva.co.uk

Warning : Strong Sex References, Hard Drug Use and Strong Language
JDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 09:06 PM   #38
Randarosa
Big Randaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDS View Post
Randy.. This trip sounds like a blast..

Did you sell your Ducati Sport ?... They are becoming very rare bikes over here..

Yes John, I did.......to buy the Kawasaki. I sold my BMW R1150RT and my Sport 1000 Ducati in order to raise the cash to buy the Concours. As much as I enjoyed the Ducati, it wasn't being ridden primarily because it wasn't comfortable for my old body. As for selling the BMW, I was becoming increasingly disappointed in the underpowered, undependable RT. I traded 90 bhp in the BMW which had suffered numerous mechanical problems for 165 bhp in the Kawasaki, which has been completely trouble free to date.
Old 03-05-2012, 08:22 PM   #39
uh60rotorhead

No MVs in the Registry

Make sure to stop for a pint at my favorite watering hole in Daytona: robbieoconnellspub.com I think spent more evenings there than at home while I was in college around the corner at ERAU.
uh60rotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 08:47 PM   #40
Nicolino

No MVs in the Registry

Key West - it's gay town ,( ) no wonder our :brutal:gays are heading that way . Make sure to stop by at the oyster bar (wear leather)

Last edited by Nicolino : 03-07-2012 at 04:33 PM.
Nicolino is offline   Reply With Quote