|

Forum
Go Back   MVAgusta.net > General > Events, Group Rides, and Meets
Register FAQ Members List

Old 03-18-2012, 08:05 AM   #121
Juan

Quote:
Originally Posted by adecritten View Post
OMG a 675 TRIUMPH on the second step and so I read he in fact nearly won it too only off by 0.48 of a second. ............................Just goes to prove once again what a bloody good tool that Triumph 675 is eh Ed!!

[/url]
Was on Motors tv Ade..... check listings it might be on again... Still got that 10mm bar here for you whenever your passing in the car...
Advertisement

Old 03-18-2012, 08:29 AM   #122
R1andrew

MV in the Registry:
[F4 1000 R]

Carl and Randy. Glad you guys had a great time. We had just as much fun reading your post. Carl have a safe trip home. Randrew jr. welcome to the darkside my friend.
R1andrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 11:41 AM   #123
gotojoe

MV in the Registry:
[F4 1000 R]

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAG View Post
The only thing better than Southern Hospitality, which is legendary, Is Randy and Jackie's hospitality. Those of you who have been here know what I'm talking about.

The picture of the MV Agusta car and it's test driver is in the If MV Built a Car thread.
I could get jealous ; )

Some guys have all the fun : ) Carl when I go away I operate on an "open all hours " basis ha ha

Have fun down there

joe
gotojoe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 02:02 PM   #124
ASM

No MVs in the Registry

Quote:
Here's Randy chatting up the Honda Ruckus crowd.
Anybody else noticed how he bypassed the two gorgeous girls and hitting up the guy instead???
Old 03-18-2012, 10:12 PM   #125
Randarosa
Big Randaddy

Beth just confirmed that Carl is back home in Connecticutt. Bueno.....
910R, S4RS, '79 Honda CBX, '78 BMW R100S, '72 Honda CB350f Cafe Racer, '70 CB175 Cafe Racer, Heritage Softail, Chrome V-Rod, Sportster 48, '34 HD VFD sidecar ("Betty Jean"....after my dearly departed mother), Kawasaki Concours 1400, yellow Vespa LX 150, a cool little Ruckus, Lee Halverson's fantastic "Green Monster", and a very understanding wife........
Randarosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 08:29 AM   #126
CAG

Send a message via Skype™ to CAG

Damn! I feel like Chuck minus the height and good looks. It is possible for a mere mortal to drive from Atlanta to Hartford (exactly 16 hours door to door) in one day.

Special thanks to Jackie and Randy. This was certainly one of the most memorable trips ever. It's good to be home, but I must have confederate blood in me somewhere. I love the south.

And I'll probably buy a Harley. The most illuminating part of the trip was realizing that there is a place for them. They are slow, don't handle well, shake like crack babies in a paint mixer, don't brake well, and are heavy. Which is fine if you are rolling along at 45mph. I spent a couple of days on Randy's Heritage something or other. It took a while to get used to the riding position. It was 20 minutes before I realized the seat had a back rest. Then I spent another day on the 48. Completely different bike, but I liked it.

Last edited by CAG : 03-19-2012 at 08:36 AM.
CAG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 01:36 PM   #127
mrinflux
Banned

MV in the Registry:
[F4 1000 R]

"Shake like crack babies in a paint mixer?!" Great imagery!

Well done, sounds like we're getting HDs!
mrinflux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 04:31 PM   #128
silentservice703

Send a message via AIM to silentservice703 Send a message via Yahoo to silentservice703 Send a message via Skype™ to silentservice703

Yup, Carl...Just double your height, double your weight, and double the driving time picking up strays and you could be me! (Why on earth would anyone want to be me...?)

Elton...I already have my Harley........belt drive too!
Old 03-19-2012, 09:07 PM   #129
Randarosa
Big Randaddy

Quote:
Damn! I feel like Chuck minus the height and good looks. It is possible for a mere mortal to drive from Atlanta to Hartford (exactly 16 hours door to door) in one day.

Special thanks to Jackie and Randy. This was certainly one of the most memorable trips ever. It's good to be home, but I must have confederate blood in me somewhere. I love the south.

And I'll probably buy a Harley. The most illuminating part of the trip was realizing that there is a place for them. They are slow, don't handle well, shake like crack babies in a paint mixer, don't brake well, and are heavy. Which is fine if you are rolling along at 45mph. I spent a couple of days on Randy's Heritage something or other. It took a while to get used to the riding position. It was 20 minutes before I realized the seat had a back rest. Then I spent another day on the 48. Completely different bike, but I liked it.

I'm riding the Heritage following Carl on the Sportster heading from Daytona to Melbourne..........and struggling to keep up at 80MPH. it's much happier at 55 or so.
910R, S4RS, '79 Honda CBX, '78 BMW R100S, '72 Honda CB350f Cafe Racer, '70 CB175 Cafe Racer, Heritage Softail, Chrome V-Rod, Sportster 48, '34 HD VFD sidecar ("Betty Jean"....after my dearly departed mother), Kawasaki Concours 1400, yellow Vespa LX 150, a cool little Ruckus, Lee Halverson's fantastic "Green Monster", and a very understanding wife........
Randarosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 10:10 AM   #130
silentservice703

Send a message via AIM to silentservice703 Send a message via Yahoo to silentservice703 Send a message via Skype™ to silentservice703

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randarosa View Post
I'm riding the Heritage following Carl on the Sportster heading from Daytona to Melbourne..........and struggling to keep up at 80MPH. it's much happier at 55 or so.
The CVO loves 80.....