# The next phase for mvagusta.net -- an important mesage regarding the community - MVAgusta.net
|
|

Forum
Go Back   MVAgusta.net > Site Related > Announcements
Register FAQ Members List

Old 01-17-2012, 10:19 AM   #1
alvin
Administrator

MV in the Registry:
[Brutale 910]

Send a message via Yahoo to alvin
Default The next phase for mvagusta.net -- an important mesage regarding the community

To the mvagusta.net community,

There is something about this community that goes beyond other communities I have taken part in. The relationships and bonds that this site has formed is priceless, and the fact that we have gone many years without much a need for moderation shows the respect for one another here. This site has always been built upon passion for the marque and for sharing our lives through this passion -- and that is the reason for its success.

It is without a doubt that this site has defined me and many people here. However, as many of you have seen, my involvement day to day has lessened over time. This is in part not only because I know the community can manage itself, but also because of the many ventures I take part in outside of this community. I have always been here to keep things running smoothly in order to give many people a home to communicate with others around the world; and I am proud of the fact that this community, built from passion, has been able to affect so many lives.

With that said, I have been fortunate enough to have been given new options for the future of this site. I have weighed the separate paths and decided that this site, under new ownership, could at the very least solidify the future of this home for many on here. I know many of you will ask “WHAT????” but trust me, I would not have made any decisions that would negatively affect the site. Some here may have heard of Vertical Scope -- some may not have. In short, they are a group of passionate individuals who manage many communities under their wing. Through the many experiences of their past, they definitely have fine tuned how to manage individual communities in a manner to only improve upon what is already there.

I will continue to be a part of this community and hopefully now, have the time to partake in the many more events we as members put together. I’ll look forward to meeting more and more individuals who now call mvagusta.net a home away from home. My trust is with all of you to continue to welcome new members and to thrive as a whole.

Best,
Alvin Jeng

PS. I'm updating my username to "alvin". I find that more appropriate

Last edited by alvin : 01-17-2012 at 10:30 AM.
alvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-17-2012, 10:25 AM   #2
Administrator
Administrator

Hi Everyone,

My name is Helena and I work for Motorcycle.com, as you have read above we are now the proud owners of MVAgusta.net. I would like to start out with letting you all know that we are not here to close this site or change this community; we are here to help improve the functionality of the site and help it grow to a new level. We have a great team of tech support that is here to fix any functional issues you have with the site, and help keep the site updated and working. I am here whenever you need help with anything, or if you have a question or concern.

With that I would like you all to know that this is still YOUR community and we are here to work with the community and the existing staff to keep this site a place for you to come and feel at home.

Feel free to post your concerns or questions below or you can PM me any time, you may also email me at hbarclay@motorcycle.com.

Thank you everyone.
Helena
Administrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 11:03 AM   #3
The_castle

Send a message via Skype™ to The_castle

Thanks for explaining that Alvin. Great work and insight to create this website. You're right to be proud.
Old 01-17-2012, 11:12 AM   #4
1fastf4

MV in the Registry:
[F4S 750]

WHAT?????.......I"m an optimistic person but I can't help but to hold my breath for the next few months Thanks for a great job and giving us the heads up.
1fastf4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 11:15 AM   #5
SportBikeMike

MV in the Registry:
[F4 1000 R]

Alvin, you've done a great job with this site and will be missed as the administrator.....hopefully you'll stay on here as a member. I'm hoping the site, otherwise, stays about the same.
Old 01-17-2012, 11:16 AM   #6
mz3boy

MV in the Registry:
[Brutale 910]

Great job Alvin, thanks for all your hard work. I have no idea what it takes to keep a site like this functioning, but am glad have. Enjoy you next venture
mz3boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 11:29 AM   #7
alvin
Administrator

MV in the Registry:
[Brutale 910]

I'll still be here as part of the community
Old 01-17-2012, 11:34 AM   #8
JDS
King of Bling

Send a message via MSN to JDS
Thumbs up Mighty oaks from little acorns grow ..

Congrats Alvin and well done for tying this deal up..

All that head work and effort has finally paid off and Iím happy for you mate.

I suppose your now part of the Great Unwashed like the rest of us !.. Welcome back to the pool.

EMAIL : john@jandrdasilva.co.uk

Warning : Strong Sex References, Hard Drug Use and Strong Language
JDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 11:39 AM   #9
CAG

Send a message via Skype™ to CAG

Ya done good, kid.

Now if you can get them to fix the log in glich so we could access our PMs that would be swell.
CAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 11:43 AM   #10
alvin
Administrator

MV in the Registry:
[Brutale 910]

Yes, a few things to be done. I have written it up for them.

In the meantime, you can click here: http://mvagusta.net/forum/private.php