Forum
Go Back   MVAgusta.net > Marketplace > Trooper Lu's Garage, Sydney, Australia
Register FAQ Members List

Old 01-04-2012, 03:11 AM   #1
trooperlu
Site Sponsor

No MVs in the Registry

Default Ducati is a dirty word!!!!

Ok So I know this will stir up some emotion. As you all know we are really getting into the MV spirit. The issue is that I have no room for the bikes so we are either putting in a mezzanine or moving next door to expand.

The even bigger issue is that this costs lots of money. So I do not believe that at this stage I can fund a shop just from MV. Due to me racing Ducati in the past and personally owning from my first pantah 500 to racing 851, 748's, gt860 etc etc etc we already do a fair bit of servicing for Ducati.

IF any of you know people who ride or own a Ducati please let them know we have got all of the diagnostics and tooling for Ducati. We have some Great Ducati relationships including Ian Gowanloch who actually drops in quite regularly and gives us a hand if we need to Mike Soderland and a whole heap more.

One thing though here is I am very funny about taking business from other shops so if people are happy with their Ducati guy leave it. But if any one knows people who need carbon parts, rizoma, sato, cox racing, Design COrse etc etc we will be stocking more and more from tail tidies to reasets and clip ons.

With the growth we plan to build more and more stock for the MV's also and really want it to be a focused shop with MV and other ITalian makes. MV will still be our primary product though and we will not in any way be taking our eye off the ball here.

In short we would love some referral work from our Ducati cousins!!!

thanks all ( I know this is pretty pathetic for a forum post, but the money from the more space has to come from somewhere!!!!)

j

Justin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-04-2012, 03:36 AM   #2
adamv1000

MV in the Registry:
[F4 1000]

You got to pay the bills mate, smart move I think.
Old 01-04-2012, 03:59 AM   #3
Donsy
Senior Member or Something

MV in the Registry:
[F4 1000 R]

Send a message via Skype™ to Donsy
Exclamation

It like Adam said mate, you have to make a living, good luck

Mobile - 0438385776 in Australia
eMail me - donsy@teamdouble3racing.com or teamdouble3@bigpond.com [PayPal]
Web - http://www.teamdouble3racing.com/aboutus.php
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Team-...53264738050813
Old 01-04-2012, 04:43 AM   #4
revhead1957

Good move.
Mechanic buddy of mine up here seems to make half his money doing ducati work.
Clutch baskets seem to be a consumable item on the newer models...showed me pics of a Desmocedici basket with 15K kms on the clock - amazing the wear where the plates rattle and hum.
Old 01-04-2012, 04:50 AM   #5
MVista
Cyber SPOTTER

Smile Make Your Ducati Purr Like An MV Agusta

Even got your slogan for you

Great Idea - passion is passion but business is business.
Old 01-04-2012, 08:38 AM   #6
CAG

Send a message via Skype™ to CAG

It may be hard to believe, (Rob), but some MV Agusta owners own Ducatis!

Smart move.
Old 01-04-2012, 09:09 AM   #7
mrinflux
Banned

MV in the Registry:
[F4 1000 R]

Yup, I own 4 ducs!
Old 01-04-2012, 10:53 PM   #8
Randarosa
Big Randaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by trooperlu View Post

One thing though here is I am very funny about taking business from other shops .......

Justin
Justin, I want to cautiously and respectfully govern my response here.......but are you crazy? Why? My personal thoughts on capitalism parallel the Darwin theory.

Do you believe that your competitors feel funny about taking business from you? What about his employees and family....do they care about your well being? I doubt it. They don't necessarily wish ill upon you, but in the end, they feed their family by ethically and aggressively controlling the market. I'm guessing your landlord and creditors don't feel funny about you taking the other man's business.

One can compete ethically and morally, yet aggressively for the market's business. If you work harder, provide better service at better prices than your competitor, then let the market determine who deserves to win and loose. If you play fair and work hard, and subsequently run the other guy out of business,then so be it.

One of my dear friends was a competitor Honda dealer 30 miles from my store. We relished stealing his customers as he did mine. It kept me on my toes. I won my share, and lost quite a few, as he was a formidable competitor. He played hard and fair, and so did I. Capitalism at its finest.

Please don't feel that I'm being disrespectful with my comments. I just don't play the game that way. I was taught to keep score.....and in my business, the score was tallied in dollars.......
910R, S4RS, '79 Honda CBX, '78 BMW R100S, '72 Honda CB350f Cafe Racer, '70 CB175 Cafe Racer, Heritage Softail, Chrome V-Rod, Sportster 48, '34 HD VFD sidecar ("Betty Jean"....after my dearly departed mother), Kawasaki Concours 1400, yellow Vespa LX 150, a cool little Ruckus, Lee Halverson's fantastic "Green Monster", and a very understanding wife........
Old 01-05-2012, 12:26 AM   #9
trooperlu
Site Sponsor

No MVs in the Registry

I could not agree more. Just I find over here people want to cut you down pretty quick so I like to be pretty clear, as you say, we will get business from our own work and not by outwardly targeting shops. People have done this to me though and I just push through and find that the pendulum of life usually comes back. No offence taken at all, I really like hearing peoples input as i can learn and listen to what people have to say. Thanks for your response and I do agree.

j
Old 01-05-2012, 02:15 AM   #10
Dmitri.au

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVista View Post
Even got your slogan for you
That will create a stir