Forum
Go Back   MVAgusta.net > Technical and Hands On > Customizing
Register FAQ Members List

Old 08-26-2011, 02:45 PM   #1
merc07

MV in the Registry:
[F4 1000]

Default Integrated gear indicator

Looks much better than the external ones and works very well - easy to set up, no external wiring.

Design your own face plate or choose from a selection already available.

You have to ship the clocks to Italy though but the turn around is very quick, I got mine back a week after he received them.

Cheers
Adam

mailto:ferdi67@libero.it
Attached Images

Last edited by Donsy : 08-14-2014 at 06:02 AM.
merc07 is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-26-2011, 04:02 PM   #2
BG Wells

Quote:
Originally Posted by merc07 View Post
Looks much better than the external ones and works very well - easy to set up, no external wiring.

Design your own face plate or choose from a selection already available.

You have to ship the clocks to Italy though but the turn around is very quick, I got mine back a week after he received them.

Cheers
Adam
That looks fantastic......how much did the whole thing 'sting' you..All in?. I'd be really interested in this. What's your impression of how accurate it is when your going through the gears and how quickly does it select them going up and down the 'box'?. And did you choose how/what colour you wanted it 'backlit'. I must say it does look impressive though!. Cheers Brian.
BG Wells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 04:35 PM   #3
postman_bat
Jason + Stanley Knife + D.I.Y = Casualty and

MV in the Registry:
[F4 1000]

now that is real classy

this mod i would denifantley get done
Old 08-27-2011, 12:17 PM   #4
merc07

MV in the Registry:
[F4 1000]

Quote:
Originally Posted by BG Wells View Post
That looks fantastic......how much did the whole thing 'sting' you..All in?. I'd be really interested in this. What's your impression of how accurate it is when your going through the gears and how quickly does it select them going up and down the 'box'?. And did you choose how/what colour you wanted it 'backlit'. I must say it does look impressive though!. Cheers Brian.
It is very accurate and almost instant at changing the displayed gear. It works it out using the ratio of speed vs revs.

To set it up it displays each gear in sequence for about 10secs. You just ride in the gear it shows at around 3500rpm or less. He uses the original set button on the clock to start the programming so no extra switches are needed.

Neutral is a bit different though. It just shows 'n' when you come to a dead stop what ever gear you are in - doesn't matter really - you have a neutral light ! Once you move again it will know the ratio and display the correct gear.

I guess if there was a spare input to the chip he could have utilised the neutral light eg:
If speed=0 and neutral light=on the display 'n'

Problem is you could go up and down the gears as much as you like while not moving and it wouldn't have a clue what gear you are in so just displaying 'n' is probably the best thing to do.

He does a bright white backlight - mine was already blue. Looks good in the dark but to be honest you would never know in the daylight.

Cost wise it was about 175 euros - including shipping back which he says is 40 euros. I sent 2 clocks down and split the postage....

Cheers
Adam

Last edited by merc07 : 08-27-2011 at 01:48 PM.
Old 08-27-2011, 02:21 PM   #5
BG Wells

Thanks Adam...I'm really gonna consider this. I suppose 175 euros all in wasn't too bad considering what you get (it looks 'factory').
I understand what you mean regarding neutral...but it's no big deal. I mean if you come to a 'dead stop' your gonna have to be in neutral or first gear with the clutch pulled in to take off again so it's gonna read first gear as soon as you get moving. Pity he didn't give the option of a different back lit colour as your blue one looks great!. Very impressive Adam, thanks for the info...do you have his address?. Cheers Brian.
BG Wells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 02:37 PM   #6
merc07

MV in the Registry:
[F4 1000]

Quote:
Originally Posted by BG Wells View Post
Thanks Adam...I'm really gonna consider this. I suppose 175 euros all in wasn't too bad considering what you get (it looks 'factory').
I understand what you mean regarding neutral...but it's no big deal. I mean if you come to a 'dead stop' your gonna have to be in neutral or first gear with the clutch pulled in to take off again so it's gonna read first gear as soon as you get moving. Pity he didn't give the option of a different back lit colour as your blue one looks great!. Very impressive Adam, thanks for the info...do you have his address?. Cheers Brian.
No more trying to find 7th gear !
To be honest it's not much more than a regular external one but is much neater.

You can ask if he does other colours, there is no reason why he can't.

Cost me just 15 to send them to Italy with DHL, I used Parcel2Ship.
I used Travelex to send the money to his account - Good rate and cost just 99p

I'll PM the address, he is normally pretty quick to reply.......

Cheers
Adam

Last edited by merc07 : 08-27-2011 at 02:40 PM.
Old 08-27-2011, 06:51 PM   #7
twizel

MV in the Registry:
[F4S 750]

There was a thread on this a couple of weeks ago but it got removed and I was wondering why?
twizel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 05:36 AM   #8
minime

I think it would look even better if the background was Ferrari yellow like the original 750 dash instead of the white back ground.
Old 08-29-2011, 08:58 PM   #9
Mr_Wryt

MV in the Registry:
[Brutale S]

so what're the contact details for this?
Old 08-30-2011, 04:29 AM   #10
Arjan250

No MVs in the Registry

Adam,
similar response to Twizel and Mr-Wryt above,
did you get this done by a site-sponsor? Would you be willing to share who did this for you?
And, wasn't there a similar thread on this a little while back? I looked for it but couldn't find it, I remember it had different options for the face plate.
Cheers Arjan
Arjan250 is offline   Reply With Quote