|
|

Forum
Go Back   MVAgusta.net > Models > F3
Register FAQ Members List

Old 02-25-2011, 10:04 AM   #11
Biopsidy

No MVs in the Registry

Seeing as how that press release is from Italy, all of the lingo in it is European metric and the fact that that's MV's home this fall release most definitely is referring to Europe and not America.

As for 2013 release in the US... this could just be wishful thinking, but I'd like to think that MV will break their trend of waiting one full year and will push this out in 2012 for US. They almost half to. How insulting is that to customers to post the F3 (which is on the US MV site), but it's not releasing for 2 years? I think at that point they pretty much half to because not too many people who really want a bike will wait that long. The F3 is no doubt sexy, but so is the Daytona 675R and the Ducati 848 Evo.

My main worry though is that even though MV is trying to be competitive with pricing, what are the dealers going to do knowing this bike is considered the sexiest bike ever made? I really hope MV forces dealers to not price hike, because honestly I can see this being an $18k bike easily in America, even if it's MSRP is only around $13k-$14k just because they know people will want it.
Biopsidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-25-2011, 01:56 PM   #12
jethead

No MVs in the Registry

The more I look at and read about the Daytona the more I feel like it is every bit as nice as the F3 with the Ohlns, it may even be a step above for us in the US with great Ohlns support.....

No disrespect to MV, it's a SEXY ASS bike.
jethead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 12:48 AM   #13
fazer6

MV in the Registry:
[Brutale S]

Not to mention the fact that MV has not confirmed the US will even get the F3, esp in light of GC's comments about it not being economically feasible.
Old 02-26-2011, 09:06 PM   #14
Kordyte

No MVs in the Registry

Ehh. That works okay, I'm still in college and couldn't afford it anyway.
Hopefully I'll have a good job by 2014!
Kordyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 09:41 PM   #15
djt77

MV in the Registry:
[F4 1000]

Send a message via MSN to djt77

in paper here today, article on the F3 and apparently the importer has succeeded in making sure Australia gets some of the first bikes
djt77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 02:35 AM   #16
Biopsidy

No MVs in the Registry

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazer6 View Post
Not to mention the fact that MV has not confirmed the US will even get the F3, esp in light of GC's comments about it not being economically feasible.
Maybe I just think weird, but seeing as how the F3 is actually on MV Agusta's USA site I would assume that all but confirms that it's coming to the US. It'd make absolutely no sense to post the bike there otherwise.

It even says "MSRP: To Be Determined" at the bottom.

I'd say it's very likely to hit the US. Now, will it retain that "cheaper" price they are talking about? That all depends. I thought I read somewhere that the bike will be built in both Italy and Mexico (or was it Brazil?) If that's the case, then that means MV will use those facilities for everywhere other than Europe to keep costs down, but could also potentially mean other areas are getting a slightly "less Italian" bike.
Biopsidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 10:54 PM   #17
fazer6

MV in the Registry:
[Brutale S]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biopsidy View Post
Maybe I just think weird, but seeing as how the F3 is actually on MV Agusta's USA site I would assume that all but confirms that it's coming to the US. It'd make absolutely no sense to post the bike there otherwise.

It even says "MSRP: To Be Determined" at the bottom.

I'd say it's very likely to hit the US. Now, will it retain that "cheaper" price they are talking about? That all depends. I thought I read somewhere that the bike will be built in both Italy and Mexico (or was it Brazil?) If that's the case, then that means MV will use those facilities for everywhere other than Europe to keep costs down, but could also potentially mean other areas are getting a slightly "less Italian" bike.
I'd say that's mostly wishful thinking, or at least advance marketing in the part of MV USA. Their website has always only been loosely linked to reality, slightly improved during the Harley period, but I'd say the F3 info on there is more a less a relic from that phase of history.
Old 03-10-2011, 11:36 AM   #18
crash2much
MVAgusta.net Sponsor

MV in the Registry:
[B4 CRC SP]

Fazer, do you work for MV Agusta? You appear to have the inside scoop on the delivery time of the new F3. I really would like to know when the bike hits our shores.
crash2much is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 01:02 PM   #19
BRUTALE!

No MVs in the Registry

Actually, per Italy, the ETA for the USA market is still Q1 2012.

To suggest 12-18 months later than elsewhere would be merely a (pessimistic) guess...

Presently there's no way for the USA F3 units to arrive sooner than Nov / Dec 2011 and having said that, early 2012 is more likely - for the first pre-ordered units that is. After pre-orders begin to be filled, it will be more of a function of allocation/supply in terms of filling waiting lists by a certain date.

The best bet of course would be to speak with your preferred dealer (early and often) to understand where a solid commitment / pre-order might be fitting in vs. other orders.
BRUTALE! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 02:53 PM   #20
fazer6

MV in the Registry:
[Brutale S]

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash2much View Post
Fazer, do you work for MV Agusta? You appear to have the inside scoop on the delivery time of the new F3. I really would like to know when the bike hits our shores.
I'll assume that's sarcasm.

I will love to be proved wrong, for MV to change its MO of the last 12 years--I had high hopes during the Harley era, despite my dislike for the redesigns, that at least supply chain issues would improve and the US market (one of MV's smallest) would get more attention.

However, EVERY SINGLE MODEL INTRODUCTION since 1999 has been that way.