MV Agusta Forum banner

Sato engine sliders

5K views 19 replies 12 participants last post by  BG Wells 
#1 ·
They took an age to arrive but I finally got them today. Very well pleased with them....beautifully designed and enginered. And a real asset to the bike....in more ways than one!!. I'll get more stuff from this company...rear sets maybe as the quality cannot be faulted. Photos enclosed..as always!!!:mouthwate

Attachments

See less See more
#7 · (Edited)
Hi I ordered them from http://www.intobikes.co.uk/products...ble_for_MV_Augusta_Brutale_1078_RR_2009?st=pt they were £169.92 plus £4.99 postage...total £174.91 and as I said they took a while to arrive...but worth the wait as I was well pleased with them. The instructions don't make it clear but the large screw in adaptor for the right (clutch side) in photos 1&2 replaces the screwed in 'plug' visible in photo 4 but be quick when you do this as 'some oil' wants to escape in the process. Installed shown in photo 6. And Steve I honestly don't know if they'll fit the 2010 models... although they are listed for the Brutale 1078rr 2009 wich are these ones. Cheers Brian.

#12 ·
Very good point Rob but I sincerely hope your curiosity in how they hold up in a crash is NEVER... NEVER realised. The very thought of it.....don't even go there!!! Seriously though, these things are only I suppose a bit of peace of mind that you've at least
made an attempt but as I said I just pray they're never tested.:jsm:

#15 ·
Hi Brian

That is some very nice looking gear. I agree with you, rather best to never test them hey. Let idiots like me do that instead.
Not meaning to steal your thread, I will show you what I use on the L/H side, it is the carbon cover which goes over the standard metal cover, then I added the very hard Alloy slider from PP Tuning which I believe Design Corse also can supply. I have crashed heavily in this set-up and in ground right up-to the end's of the heads of the S/S cap screw. No other damage, I never over-tighten those bolts so I can easily tap them out later.
Keep up the good work, that Brutie is starting to look really sweet.:brutale:

Attachments

#18 ·
Whoa

These boys make any Right hand side stuff? I bet they are a lot more reasonable than the Sato stuff and those SS capscrews look tough as nails.

That is some very nice looking gear. I agree with you, rather best to never test them hey. Let idiots like me do that instead.
Not meaning to steal your thread, I will show you what I use on the L/H side, it is the carbon cover which goes over the standard metal cover, then I added the very hard Alloy slider from PP Tuning which I believe Design Corse also can supply. I have crashed heavily in this set-up and in ground right up-to the end's of the heads of the S/S cap screw. No other damage, I never over-tighten those bolts so I can easily tap them out later.
Keep up the good work, that Brutie is starting to look really sweet.:brutale:

#16 ·
Thanks Donsy for the first hand experience of someone who has had one of these things on it's side and survived...including the bike!. Trouble is though... now that a couple of guys have broached the subject of 'dropping' the bike....I hope it's not an omen!!. A bit like when you have a old beat up car, like I do every day to work nothing ever seems to happen to it.....BUT... take the 'good' one out and (like I did with my Supra mk 1V) after it had been in the garage under cover for months and in the process I 'dropped' a heavy set of wooden step ladders on the wing, denting it in the process. Sickened I just came into the house ...made a cup of coffee then went out sawed up the steps and stared at the dent thinking WHY?? and muttering all sorts of things to myself. The very thought of that ...or worse with the MV!!!! Anyway glad you like what I'm doing to the bike, I really appreciate your kind comments. Keep safe on the tracks mate ,I'll be cheering you on in 2011! Brian.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.