MV Agusta Forum banner

brembo front brakes,need advise

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  eddypro 
#1 ·
ok,now guys need your help,my front brakes make a loud groaning noise when coming in hot then stopping,groaning noise just about when stopped,do i need to replace my front brake rotor,now I have changed pads,re bled the lines,or do i have them machined,or just buy new ones,now tony has the 1090 and his brakes are just awesome ,touchy and grip.

cheers eddy

#2 ·
Have you scored the rotors ? A light touch you may get away with but deep grooves ..hmmmm . There will be a minimum rotor thickness specified in the manual.

I personally wouldn't skim them as they so ferkin thin to start with..I'd get on to Cag and get some good used ones. But that's me...

joe

joe

#4 ·
Have they started making this noise after you replaced the pads Eddy? What pads did you put in there? It might just be that the old and new pads were not quite compatible and you have some of the old material built up, easy to clean of.
You can measure your disc's with a mic to check if they are still up to spec. I just had a disc crack because it was worn down below min. Going to cost be a small fortune to repair the damage.

#6 ·
A scotch-brite pad and some brake cleaning fluid should be enough to clean the discs.

#7 ·
Eddy;
i have a sticky piston, i get a little chatter at low speed, if i clean the calipers make sure ALL the pistons move freely, the noise goes away.
also make sure your steering head bearings are correctly tensioned

I have NEVER cleaned discs......you think the ~300psi pushing on the rather abrasive pads won't do the job?

if you sand or scrub with anything abrasive leaving marks/scratches on the discs the disc will eat the pad faster until the marks are gone

Brembo is in the business of selling parts.....remember 4 piston/2 pad calipers? pad changes were cheap......then they went to 4 piston/4 pad calipers.....
what happened?..... the pad area got ~15-20% smaller and the price doubled didn't it?:stickpoke

and the pads wore faster:naughty: the discs too

remember full metallic race pads, back when they were made with asbestos?

in endurance racing....racing 3,000mi A DAY, pads lasted over a year......iron discs never wore out......and they were perfectly flat and shiny

my R1150GS eats pads and discs and they are all wavy:wtf: oh, thats right they're Brembos:stickpoke

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.