MV Agusta Forum banner

Need some exhaust measurements, please, with sugar on top?

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  jchaplin4 
#1 ·
Ok, since this electrical issue is going to be the death of me, let's see if I can at least get the exhaust on. I need someone with Arrow headers on a Brutale to measure, along the curves to the first joint, then the 2 2-1 collectors that take the 4 to 2 right before the mid-pipe starts. I think mine stop short and might be MotoCorse which makes this more confusing because they say they follow the exact curve and length of stock. So, arrow mid-pipe doesn't fit what ever I have. Stupid O2 sensor bung hits rear brake lever. It seems like I need a couple more inches. When I figure out if I am short. I will have the little extra welded on to the mid-pipe to make it up. Thanks.

#3 ·
yes exactly, I need the links of the pipes to the point where you get to the section that starts the midpipe. I can already tell that my system lines up differently. I need to know how much I need to add to put my mid pipe in the proper position to mount the Thunder can.

#4 ·
?

Jason;
look at hb's lower picture, the Arrow mid pipe goes to the front of the heat shield on the M/C

mine goes 10mm farther forward
my head pipes 2>1 are marked
MVAgusta 99343 (left)
MVAgusta 99344 (right)

#5 ·
Pics of mine, installed, sucked, I swear something is wrong.

So the O2 sensor bung is hitting the bottom of the bike. Part id on paperwork says this is a mid-pipe for 750-910 Brutales up to 07, I clearly told them I had an 09 1078, I asked them to dbl check and was told there is only 1 mid-pipe for these bikes. Here's pics of proof something is wrong but it is installed.

Attachments

#6 ·
It is pretty much as I described. The first spring hook on HB's mid pipe lines up with about the middle of the rear break piston where mine hits at the leading edge of it. So it is about 2 inches farther forward that it should be, don't know why. Which is why it doesn't line up right and why it was the toughest thing to get put on. So who made these stinking headers? No part numbers are on them.

#7 ·
Jason, MV Corse race dept in San Marino made your headers. See my post re your set up which I tried to run on my 910R.

http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=45524

I ended up tracking down someone who fabricated a Ti mid pipe (quality was fantastic, they fabricated Ti exhausts for an F1 team). Unfortunately, I sold the whole set up to Al at Design Corse. :( See below

As you know your Arrow mid pipe will fit (all though very tight), the springs will not line up and all in it is not very satisfactory when you are looking for that factory finish look.

Your best bet is to take the mid pipe to a good metal fabricator, have the O2 bung sealed up and the spring tabs moved so they line up with the headers. Or get him to make up a TI mid pipe although this is no cheap!

Good luck all the same look forward to seeing more pictures as your project continues.

All the best

Dave

#8 ·
I was about to have the O2 bung cut off and closed up. It was in the way and made this much tougher than it needed to be. I only hope I don't have a noticeable loss in torque going shorter with this set-up. It is mounted at least. Down the road, I may invest in a more proper set up. I did not realize this was not made by arrow or meant to be used with this mid pipe. I basically need like 2 more inches, (that's what she said.) anyway, it works, when I get the electric garbage sorted, we'll see how it sounds. Re-map in the spring.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.