MV Agusta Forum banner

moto gp bikes throttle grip bar end

12K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  Mr. Master 
#1 ·
can anyone tell me what is the lever looking device on the throttle grip bar end is. Not the brake lever. caseys has a roundish end on his and other have like a bend in theirs

#7 ·
That's correct, they have found that with the very close racing that happens, especially in the first few corners of a race, it is possible to go into another bike which causes your brake lever to be inadvertently applied by the impact sending you flying over the front of your bike.
The guard is to stop this happening and is mandatory this season.

#12 · (Edited)
I'll be installing one on the Brake side only. Even if your only doing track-days, I think it's a good idea.
Even though in many Years of Racing I never had a crash due to Brake lever contact, which is actually Amazing, because there was countless "Bashing" incidents out there. Scott Grey and I colided so hard at Sears Point, it Crushed my Quick-Turn Throttle Housing.
My Buddy Steve Rapp, had I Huge Crash on the Vance and Hines Ducati, I believe at Road America, touched the tail-section of another bike into turn one. DESTROYED the bike.
Rizoma looks good, but WoodCraft make the strongest looking one's I've seen.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.