MV Agusta Forum banner

The replacement ECU for the 1.6M ECU..............update

16K views 55 replies 28 participants last post by  Fentible 
#1 ·
Ok folks, this saga has been going on for months with people asking me if i am actually going to finish this project off.

This delay has been entirely due to sourcing the original ECU connector to go from the bikes original wiring loom to our replacement adapter loom to connect to the new ECU. I want this item to be plug and play with no modification of the standard loom or plugs required so that everything is reversable back to standard if needs be.

To date i have spoken to around 7 different companies who have promised me supply and then failed to follow up on delivery or even availability of this elusive plug..............that was untill today:yo:

Finally i have a supplier.....the lead time for delivery and order quantity is hideous (15 weeks) but supply is possible........Hurrah!!

So with supply possible i can finally put the finishing touches to this uprade and end the Saga.

Bikes that this will fit are:

• 750 F4 all
  • 750 Brutale
  • 910/R Brutale to Euro 3 model
  • 1000S F4 inc Tambo

and the areas that we can control are:

• Ignition maps
  • individual fuel mapping for all 4 cylinders (unlike the std ECU)
  • EBS valve control
  • TSS control (tambo only, will need a loan Tambo though to check this is functioning as intended)
  • quick shifter input
  • map selection (map1/map2)
  • fuel and ignition transient control (huge help in removing on/off throttle glitches)
  • adjustable fan activation temp.
  • fault/sensor diagnosis

I already have a choice of maps for the 1000S and hopefully will soon have the 750 F4 sorted as well.

The brutale will be next on the hit list once i'm up and running properly.

Sorry it's taken so long folks, part of the reason for my absence from the forum has been down to trying to concentrate on getting this project finished and available before everyone loses interest ;)

The other reasons for my absence are becoming a retained fireman which has been quite a laugh so far but also occupied much of any "spare" time that i have had, getting married put a spanner in the works and expecting child number 2 has made me significantly poorer for the next 20 or so years.

The fire fighting stuff though is proper good fun. Biggest job so far was an abandoned pub that was set on fire. 5 hours work trying to put it out. Only had one fatality to deal with and that was the sad demise of 15,000 baby chickens that were roasted when their shed went up................burning chicken poo does not smell nice btw :wtf: 11 fire engines in attendance though and flames that could be seen from 5 miles away was a good way to spend a morning.

So there you go folks, i've not buggered off, nor have i forgotten about this ECU upgrade that i promised, i've simply been let down a lot by supposed suppliers.

Photo's of the full kit will be posted in around a week to 10 days when i have built my first producton ready kit. All i have at the moment is a working protoype that is not the prettiest of things ;)

Ta :)

See less See more
#42 ·
I'm in for one to fit my 750S with RG3's and to trough out my PCIII. Can You do this Chris ? I think You are are the most advance guru on mapping F4's and I really suck up every single word You write here on mvaguista.net. Plus congratulations of being finally an appreciated sponsor of our site. Time doesn't matter just keep me in the loop once You have a set ready for me. Keep on the great work. Mv Agusta world is in desperate need of Your improvements and effort.

#43 ·
Thanks :D A 750 is most definitely on my list of bikes needed for mapping.

Hopefully this sub forum of mine will allow me to spread out the various details i have for people and make it easier for you all to find what you need to know on your model of MV.

There'll be dyno results, fitment pics, FAQs etc all the usuall types of things.

Hoping to work on it over christmas whilst at the inlaws ;)

#50 ·
For the 1000S the main gains are in getting rid of that weird thing that happens when you change into first gear and the engine suddenly feels gutless. It's noticably better in that area and as such much more ridable when crawling through town or in traffic.

Full control of the EBS valve so this can be dialled in to whatever you want in terms of engine braking.

Proper ignition maps allows the bike to ride smoothly from low down all the way through the rev range.

Proper transient control i.e. how the bike reacts when the throttle is opened from closed.

quickshifter inputs, currently working on the quick shifter but it will be plug and play for the ECU.

Switchable maps if required.

Control of each injector individually meaning we have 4 fuel maps, one for each cyl.

Plug and play fitment, no altering of your bikes loom so everything is reversable.

Control of the fan switch on temp.

Cooler running temps due to better mapping.

That's about it on the key features i think.

Overall it's just better control and flexability of everything to do with the running of the bike.

some notice the issues on the 1000S more than others though so i'm sure there's some peoplke out there happy with their bikes. Not everyone was though which is what led me to do this fitment.

Is there anythign i've missed out or that people wanted to know? let me know and i'll add the details.

Cheers

:)

#54 ·
Well all I can say is the bike is the way it should be . You snap the throttle and it does exactly that not like before where you hit the throttle and it slowly climbs up in revs. It really is heaps better plus it does keep the temperature down I'd say a few degrees while running and it climbs slower when at light etc. definitely worth the money . Im enjoying the rides much more. Sorry for the late reply ade

Cheers

#55 ·
Also had Chris fit the Microtec ECU to my 750 F4 and what a difference, It is now a lot faster on the revs and the riding experience has improved a 100%. There was a horse power gain on my bike from the PC3 of about 6 HP but I believe that the gain was irrelevent when compared to the improved rideability. Money well spent. Glenn

#56 · (Edited)
Just had Chris fit a Microtec ECU to my 750 F4 Brutale and I can absolutely concur with SBG's experience. The bike just sounds so much cleaner on the revs, is noticeably faster and much smoother. Interestingly and as an aside, my downpipes (headers) all colour evenly now. Unsure what impact this will have on MPG, haven't gone far enough to determine if there have been any improvements or not. Well happy with the money spent though and even considering a quick-shifter.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.