MV Agusta Forum banner

F4 headlight incorrect spec

13K views 79 replies 18 participants last post by  Donsy 
#1 ·
Hi guys my 312r has just failed its first UK MOT due to having a non UK spec headlamp ( to say im disappointed is an understatement ) :banghead: i have had the bike from new and the light is as fitted from the factory ...has any one else had the same problem ?

chris

#78 · (Edited)
Sorted, got the old DK spot welded version cut and welded properly.
It's darker out than in the above pics and the yellow street light was brighter !

Pic1 - Old spot welded deflector reworked
Pic2 - Better light now, about the same as the left pic above
Pic3 - No comparison with the HID bulb back in !

Thanks Jimbo, I'll put yours back together and pop it back on the w/e with the GoodYear fuel pipe. Do you want all 3 meters, if not Colin will have 1, up to you !

Attachments

#79 ·
I think I need to pull my light apart, it should be a UK spec one (2000- 750F4) and does the cut off beam higher to the left as in the pictures above

However the light out around cut off area is dim and the main light in front of the bike is bright but in a tiny semi arch shape , nothing like the pictures above.
Its almost like the bulb is not the right one or fitted wrong but main beam is fine.

I'll get some piccys up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.