MV Agusta Forum banner

Prodigal returns !

1K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  simcity 
#1 ·
#5 · (Edited)
Oh John! When I saw your headline, I immediately clicked on it thinking that maybe Luca Scassa had signed to race an MV in BSB!

Very disappointed!

(P.S. I think Jorge will kick his ass!)
Sorry Stephen.. I do know who will be riding the MV next year in BSB and it is a named rider.

I can't say anything because its not my place to say these sorts of announcements and plus the person who told me wouldn't appreciate this blurted on a social network before it was 100% confirmed by the official team and their sponsors..

Great John..thanks for posting. I make no secret that I am a huge Valentino Rossi fan. Every one will have their 'opinion'... and 'many' will be hoping he fails....delighting in it in fact??.
Not me!!.. however he does in his return to Yamaha (and I really do hope He does great) being a fan I just love to see him race....and will be cheering him on and willing him to even more success in his illustrious career despite a very unsuccessful campaign with Ducati.. which was a disaster, but lets see if Dovi or Spies can ride it any better?
Brian.
I also a fan of The Goat and I even went as far as naming our youngest mutt after the great man..

However, my support has waned slightly over the last few years and I really, really hope he can have better success now that he’s back with Yamaha..

Rossi was the master at paddock psychology, but riders nowadays are a lot more mature and wise to all that BS..

Fingers crossed we should see some humungous battles up front with Rossi, Jorge, Dani and the ever crazy Marquez ( if he can stay out of hospital).

Dovi is also a class act and with Audi saying that the 2013 Ducati will have an all new chassis, then he stands a good chance of running up at the front.. He’s had a few Moto GP wins under his belt, so we know he’s capable.

We could also see Carl on the podium more often next year, now that he’s Top Gun in his team.. I haven’t got much hope for Bradley, as I don’t honestly think he’s up to Moto GP standards and I hope Yamaha Tech 3 have a wanker get out clause written into his contract. Maybe, he’ll prove me wrong, but somehow I don’t think he will …

My moneys on Dani for next year, as he has on fire towards the end of this season and as long as he can stay injury free next season, I reckon it could be his year ( and about time too)..

The unknown factor in the mix will be Marquez.. His start from the back of the grid in the last Moto 2 was probably the best I’ve ever seen at that level of racing.. I could watch that start over and over again and still be amazed at what he did.. The boy’s got kahunas..

Come on guys, what's your opinion on next year.. :stickpoke

Place your bets . :)

Should at least make for a few interesting races the way those two used to battle it out when they were on the same machines. He is the Michael Jordan of the motorcycle world, and I don't think he has lost anything. It seems pretty obvious the Ducati has some issues and that he was never comfortable on it. I had high hopes for Hayden too, getting back on a V twin like his AMA days, but it never materialized. I think with Casey out we will see a lot of Rossi, Dani, and Jorge next year, and not much else, and it won't be much better than this year. I didn't even watch the last two races this year. I'm going back to SBK.

It's a really shame that Casey is out of the scene for next year, as it would have been great to see him go head to toe with Rossi once again..

I’ve never been a big fan of Casey because I think I've never really understood him.. My opinion of the guy has change over the later part of this season and I’m beginning to appreciate him a lot more for his “Keeping it Real” attitude and being true to himself and the sport.. I like that in a person.

Without a shadow of doubt, he is one of the all time greats and his talent will be greatly missed in Moto GP.. I hope one day he’ll return and finish off his career on top where he has a rightful place..

#3 ·
Great John..thanks for posting. I make no secret that I am a huge Valentino Rossi fan. Every one will have their 'opinion'... and 'many' will be hoping he fails....delighting in it in fact??.
Not me!!.. however he does in his return to Yamaha (and I really do hope He does great) being a fan I just love to see him race....and will be cheering him on and willing him to even more success in his illustrious career despite a very unsuccessful campaign with Ducati.. which was a disaster, but lets see if Dovi or Spies can ride it any better?
Brian.

#4 · (Edited)
Should at least make for a few interesting races the way those two used to battle it out when they were on the same machines. He is the Michael Jordan of the motorcycle world, and I don't think he has lost anything. It seems pretty obvious the Ducati has some issues and that he was never comfortable on it. I had high hopes for Hayden too, getting back on a V twin like his AMA days, but it never materialized. I think with Casey out we will see a lot of Rossi, Dani, and Jorge next year, and not much else, and it won't be much better than this year. I didn't even watch the last two races this year. I'm going back to SBK.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.