MV Agusta Forum banner

Ipotesi 400cc kit

5K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  cluster2600 
#1 · (Edited)
Can anyone please confirm piston size of the 400cc kit. I'm rebuilding engine after valve let go .
standard bore size is 63 mm x 56 mm stroke , mine is 67 mm bore , 4 mm larger , so need to find out the piston diameters to confirm 400 cc kit . Need to Find out about the 400 cc piston kits / head gaskets and what they do with the cylinders from standard , do they bore the cylinders out to suit the oversize pistons , in this case we buy a new cylinder assembly or is there a new cylinder sleeve that can be fitted to existing cylinder ??
Do they use standard size valves on the 400cc kit?

#3 ·
J, we just need to confirm the piston size for standard or 400 to know if we have the 400cc kit on it. I have sent a email to Giovanni, UK spares and Rob Rossi. That way we will know which way to go with the parts.
I only sent it yesterday and still waiting for reply . If I don't here anything maybe if you could ask Giovanni or Albert, I'll let you know. Giovanni would be the best as he sold the kits.

#6 ·
I have confirmed it has the 400 kit. Thanks Rob. I also got a email last night from Giovanni who confirmed this also. Just hope UK spares have some Pistons,gaskets and cylinders as Giovanni has nothing but he is going to check today.
Does anyone know if the cylinders were bored out from a standard cylinder to suit the bigger Pistons? Or can a sleeve be used in existing cylinder?

#7 · (Edited)
Just found out they are standard cylinders bored out to suit the bigger pistons,everything else is standard . A big thanks to the UK owners club for the information .

#8 ·
@adrian
Hi, are you still working on an Ipo with the 400ccm kit? If yes, can you describe the things to modify?

We are building an Ipo engine with 71 mm! All is solved but we are stuck a little bit with the ignition. We will solve that over the winter time.

Next project could be an Ipo engine with 73 or 74 mm bore!

Best Alfred

#9 ·
Hi yes still working on it or waiting. Very slow process here as not many can rebuild crank ,rods and Pistons. My bike has the 400 kit , we actually got new Pistons made locally . Not much to it ,just bore out head for bigger Pistons ,everything else is the same

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.