MV Agusta Forum banner

F3 gets another MCN bashing

17K views 158 replies 51 participants last post by  honest phil 
#1 ·
Yet again this weeks MCN slates the F3 for poor fueling and puts it last place against its rivals, I'm getting quite concerned now.

Yes don't worry I will go and ride my bike first and make my own mind up before I hand over anymore money, if it ever turns up anyway!

Hmmmm getting a bit tired of being made to feel this way about the bike I have saccrificed so much for.

Yes it looks amazing, no denying that, but come on MV for F**ks sake. get it sorted.

Swear i would buy a panigale if i had the extra money.

Some inspiring quotes from the article

"flawed masterpiece F3 is trounced on the road"

"suffers from criplingly poor fuel injection"

"before I had left the car park i realised MV have released the bike before perfecting the fuel injection"

Why can't they get this right?

Sod it I'm looking elsewhere, my dealer can't even give me a update and call me back about my bike, if it even exists, and all this to take delivery of a bike that will apparantly be crap to ride when I finally get it.

what the chances of them fixing these issues?

The worst part is I hate ranting on here, it's not like me, I'm normally a happy easy going guy, this bads press, delays and lack of info
from importer and dealer has really dissapointed me :banghead:

See less See more
#134 ·
Hi everyone, just joined the forum. Pretty impressive, quite an active forum. 15 pages of posts to one thread in only a few days. I've always been an avid Ducati fan and have an order in for an 1199 Panigale, but also considered an F3. I wouldn't pay much attention to the negative reviews. One made negative comments regarding the F3's electronics (saying it was something like over the top and he preferred bikes that were simpler), however, that very same review gave high marks to the Panigale's very similar electronics. In short, the F3 looks like a great bike! I'm sure it will ride awesome as well.

#141 ·
Well, on the plus side you don't get this many comments unless people care....

Personally im insulted by this budget F4 copy, I really don't want Mv to be as frequently seen as Ducati...

Then again this threads fantastic :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

#145 ·
Thats your opinion, mine is that it's a budget / entry Mv

Its tiny in comparison, hasn't got colour coded mirrors or mudguard / fender- and to me, just looks cheap in comparison....

When the F4 was released back in 1999 it was a no compromise bike with cutting edge looks and technology at the time- its stood the test of time very well and mine now 10 years old looks as fresh as just about any current bikes and definitely more charismatic-

The F3, is the same price as the F4 was 10 years ago so they've clearly compromised build and materials for budget reasons and it just lacks the character the F4 has, its just diluted and that to me just makes it look like a cheap copy-

Purity of design and uncompromising use of materials to achieve your passion in creating what ever it is you make is what designers strive for- if your not designing 'out of your comfort zone' then your merely existing and the creation won't make any tangible impact, the F4 broke convention and as such its looks still remain sharp, the F3 looks very similar and thats exactly my point, it doesn't break any convention so just reminds me of say an R1 then the little YZR125... its nothing more than a copy to entice boys to feel like they are on the real deal!! a cheap lesser compromised copy

All they've done is release a new affordable price bracket Mv !!! its like Ferrari releasing an affordable family saloon to bring in the bucks!

Id rather Mv go bust than compromise like this

Thats purely my opinion and im not fussed if you agree or disagree- its totally subjective and no ones right or wrong

#154 ·
Yea ok col but I am putting up a serious amount of wedge and i have not ridden an f3 yet. Now i have faith perhaps misguided but somehow i don't think so, that this will be a bike just different enough to make it worth the risk. I am not getting any younger exept in my own mind and after 42 years of motorcycles this could be my last chance to own part of a legend that captured my imagination with the likes of surtees lomax hailwood agostini and even phil reed who by the way I never forgave for rubbishing the tt or blanking me at cadwell on board so I don't intend to analyse it or make excuses for buying an f3 if the well healed MV owners don't like us prols getting in on the act. That's not my concern just don't wave your wallet as I ride by and I won't wave a digit

#155 ·
A fair bit of off the mark stereotyping there Phil...Tallula's F3 is on the never never and we've stopped feeding the kids and dogs so she can put fuel in it.... I've even put off taxing the Maserati by a month and I've had to shop around to get a cheap third party service on the 360 because I couldn't afford to take it back to Graypaul!

So come on...play the game.

#159 ·
sorry col but Read it again I am getting an f3 no maybe about it read page nine posts about not wanting to see an MV on every ride out, Thats what I took a pop at I have never said all MV owners are minted If I were you id load up with fiftys in the toilet paper holder fivers might be a bit on the small side

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.