MV Agusta Forum banner

Moto Corse Luxury Touring 2012

2K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  djt77 
#1 ·
Been a while since I had a ride to report about.....

Went on the fourth installment of Moto Corse Luxury Touring..... Kyushu touring for the weekend. They ship out our gear and bikes and we meet them at the airport for some riding around....

Arrive in Kitakyushu airport after my first StarFlyer flight. Quite a nice airline actually!

Nothing like changing in a parking lot.... lol....

We headed straight out for SPA circuit in Kyushu. Small circuit, a bit under 2km, but quite nice, good enough. Certainly not Autopolis as before but enjoyable. And the weather was frickin' awesome!

Tried these gloves for the first time, Knox Handroids.

Photo dude was there, should be more pics at some point, got this for now.

See less See more
#5 ·
Rode around the next day a bit around Oita.

Lunch!

Had raw venison for the first time.

Beef!

#6 ·
After lunch we went to the north of Oita, to Taketazu port. (竹田津港). There we met the parents of the late "Captain" Taketazu, from Rider's Club. He was killed a couple years ago in a photo shoot around Osaka. He was with us the first couple of tours. We went up to the family grave site to pay our respects, was nice to go there this time.

http://www.alpinestars.com/moto/news/2011/06/17/toshinobu-captain-taketazu-24th-november-1971

View from the port.

#7 ·
Colin, that looks like an amazing adventure! Missed you at Bub IV. How are you liking those gloves?

#8 ·
Gloves: Well, they are OK. On the track probably better than on the street, at least for me.

Comfortable enough, as the leathers are a tad long, that starts to 'feel' around the wrists. Not the end of the world. The big thing on the street for me is that the wrist protection is quite bulky and on the F4 tank I find myself hitting it when I'm maneuvering around, mostly low speed type stuff, but when approaching steering lock I hit the tank. No issue on the track with that. but a bit irritating.

Not a bad glove tho. Looks cool, in that futuristic sort of way. I prefer other gloves, it won't get a ton of use from me.....

#9 ·
oh yeah, and bub 4, well, was a busy year for me, spent a fair amount of time out of the country, even coming back after some weeks out the first thing I did was get on a plane for this trip. Kind of tired of airports, to be honest.

anyway, sometime, will get back there.... :eek:

#14 ·
Thx Phil, yeah, it works well for me. Looks great as well, I think it is a 'style' improvement over the older (lookwell, was it?) suits. Didn't seem to get much air time either, the Spyke series. So nobody really seems to know it, especially locally.

The only trouble I had was with the sliders, I don't think they are in a great place for me, anyway. First time out I scuffed the metal bit on the knee. Even after moving the slider around it is just at the edge of it and still close to the metal bit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.