MV Agusta Forum banner

MV Agusta to go racing in 2013

4K views 20 replies 13 participants last post by  Roehr@1250sc 
#1 ·
mv is going racing with the ParkinGo team in WSS. this is the team that took Chaz Davies to the 2011 title. Very Passionate about racing. Im excited. signed a 3 year deal on the birthday of mr C. sr.

#7 ·
Fantastic!! Park N Go had gotten more press coverage comming in 3rd& 4th riding the Triumph 675 than they did winning on the yamaha R6.(people love to see new manufacturers on the grid)
Due to MVs History, the F3 being such a beautiful machine,and being a new bike/manufacturer,the cameras will be glued to the MV F3 675 all of 2013 from the first race to the last. I know I wont miss a race .

#8 ·
#12 ·
Excellent development....I was trying to spot the gold leaf on the Full Race Frame.....

#14 · (Edited)
Whats with the gold leaf? Does it represent something of worth?.
Racing is the best development tool of the mechanical engineer.
The conditions cannot be reproduced in a lab even today with the use of computers that are the size of the average bedroom.
the velocity channel had a show on the subject . I was in awe of the electronics involed in racing today .The computers you see on pit road are just the tip of the iceburg. Those pit road computers feed into massive units elsewhere.

#18 ·
ARAMIS you are correct, racing conditions cannot be recreated in a lab. If so Honda, Yamaha , Ducati ect would not be spending millions of dollars in MotoGP and be steadfast on the rules hampering the prototype machines for developing future production motorcycles. Anouther factor is racing is the most effective advertising tool in the motorcycle industry. This was told to me by the owner of the second largest marketing firm in the USA while at a track day at NJMP 2 months ago.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.