MV Agusta Forum banner

Curios Stroy - My F3 is here !

6K views 35 replies 17 participants last post by  HighRisk 
#1 ·
Hi all,

after a long time waiting for my red/silver F3 where I was told of many different delivery dates and promises, my F3 finally arrived on Friday!

I ordered my bike last year in September and was promised to have it on January, at least on bike seasons begin! Nothing was true and I started to check out for alternatives...

My dealer called me yesterday with a very strange sound in his voice. He said that my F3 arrived.....but......wrong color !!!!! :yo:

I was first shocked and ask what happend. I was in Milano Italy to see the F3 in real after I ordered. There was only the white and the red/silver to see and sit on. The black one was not available at that time, so I deceided to stay for the red/silver as the white one was not my favorite.

30 minutes after the call I arrived at my dealers office to burn down anything in my way....had some classic music in my car ;-) Thanks to god !

When I came in the !black! F3 stand there and flashed me completly ! It looked so damn hot !!! The second I saw here I decided to go for black now and no longer wait for another F3 in red/silver. I guess red/silver is more traditional but black looks a bit more sporty (IMHO).

So I paid the bike some minutes after and setup anything for next week!! Its mine !!!

I had the chance to do a short round with the black F3 and again I was flashed. What a sound !!!! The mapping is really a bit strange in lower rpm but not as much as it was complained by some magazines. Also the clutch is not that bad....When the bike is on speed, it is amazzzzzzzing. Second gear full speed wheel up (a little) :naughty:!! TRUE !! And again.....that sound is fantastic and loud ! I like it soooo much ! So now the bike has 10km and will be in my garage on I guess Monday.

I am so happy !

My dealer confirmed the new mapping for the next 2 to 3 weeks! He told me that the original mapping was neccessary to fit some europe regulations about emission and so on. He also told me that another mapping will be available together with a modified exhaust component. The bike has a lot of power yet....wow, how will it be with all the modifications ? GREAT

As you guys could see, I am so happy!!

Hope you like the pictures...

Cheers

Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Car Motor vehicle

Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Car Motor vehicle

Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Car Automotive tire

See less See more
#4 ·
How I envy you, I am still waiting for the call, looks like next month and with a bit of luck the fueling problems will be resolved.
Plenty of sleepless night at the moment, the only good news is the weather, being selfish, I hope it last for the next couple of weeks or so

#5 ·
They do look sweet in black with the red frame!! congrats on the new bike

#12 ·
Beautiful. Feel free to post some images on this link.
http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=45888

Hi all,

after a long time waiting for my red/silver F3 where I was told of many different delivery dates and promises, my F3 finally arrived on Friday!

I ordered my bike last year in September and was promised to have it on January, at least on bike seasons begin! Nothing was true and I started to check out for alternatives...

My dealer called me yesterday with a very strange sound in his voice. He said that my F3 arrived.....but......wrong color !!!!! :yo:

I was first shocked and ask what happend. I was in Milano Italy to see the F3 in real after I ordered. There was only the white and the red/silver to see and sit on. The black one was not available at that time, so I deceided to stay for the red/silver as the white one was not my favorite.

30 minutes after the call I arrived at my dealers office to burn down anything in my way....had some classic music in my car ;-) Thanks to god !

When I came in the !black! F3 stand there and flashed me completly ! It looked so damn hot !!! The second I saw here I decided to go for black now and no longer wait for another F3 in red/silver. I guess red/silver is more traditional but black looks a bit more sporty (IMHO).

So I paid the bike some minutes after and setup anything for next week!! Its mine !!!

I had the chance to do a short round with the black F3 and again I was flashed. What a sound !!!! The mapping is really a bit strange in lower rpm but not as much as it was complained by some magazines. Also the clutch is not that bad....When the bike is on speed, it is amazzzzzzzing. Second gear full speed wheel up (a little) :naughty:!! TRUE !! And again.....that sound is fantastic and loud ! I like it soooo much ! So now the bike has 10km and will be in my garage on I guess Monday.

I am so happy !

My dealer confirmed the new mapping for the next 2 to 3 weeks! He told me that the original mapping was neccessary to fit some europe regulations about emission and so on. He also told me that another mapping will be available together with a modified exhaust component. The bike has a lot of power yet....wow, how will it be with all the modifications ? GREAT

Cheers

View attachment 57892
View attachment 57893
View attachment 57894

#14 ·
How come that every1 is getting the black version and not Italy??? I order it 6 months ago!

Actually one arrived, in Rome (I live in Milano) to a dealer that had no orders for it! it has the quickshift already on... it was supposed to be mine, and not sitting in a damn random window.

I swear, if next week is not here I'll drive those 60 km that separate me from the factory and I'll chain myself to the doors until they'll produce the one that is rightfully mine :thewife::thewife:

#15 ·
Happy Ending!!!

Hi all,

I am so happy !

Cheers

View attachment 57892
View attachment 57893
View attachment 57894

Hi,

Firstly BIG congratulations on your new bike & thank you so much for the pics - beautiful! Thrilled to see you so happy, enjoy it in good health :yo:

I am a red/silver man through & through & I'll tell you what, the black one from when I first saw pics has seriously turned my head! I understand perfectly how you 'changed your mind' ;)

I was lucky enough to hear an Oro being run yesterday at Tropper Lu's Garage open day. The last time I heard that engine was on the in the test room at the factory in November 2010 & OMG it sounded even BETTER if possible. Like you I can't imagine what it is going to be like post mods, which mine will definitely get. :naughty:

Cheers & thanks for the post - please don't forget to give us your thoughts after you pick it up. Congratulations again on the happy ending through chance. :)

This post has been deleted
#16 ·
Ignoring the last go-arounds regarding what I said...

Congrats on getting the lovely bike :mouthwate (I am hesitating between the black and the red myself) and I am very happy that there are no problems found so far.

Please, please, please give us a review once you get her and again after the remap so we can see what kind of improvements that brings you!

:smoking:

#31 ·
Google translates it to read "how cool is that that can not quite true"

I can only assume that Zico must be referring to fact that the MV Agusta dealer in Germany does not possess the required cable in order to remap High Risk's F3 at this time.

Isn't the google translator excellent!!

:smoking:
haha, you are right! But its not because of the cable its because he doesn`t have the programming machine from texas inst. I guess. He will get one next week.

Just came back from my trip through the black forest this morning. Here are some things I recognized

- Contra:
Beneath 4000rpm, there are really some issues with the mapping. 2 times the bike got completly powered off and I don't like to be very smooth with the throttle to not have the bike shaking at this level.

Seat is very hard :)

Thats it with the contra side. Could not compain about gear shifting or anything else. Works perfekt for me without the quick shifter.

Another thing is that I was not able to change the mapping as described in the manual....strange. There should be a "number" on the display refering to the manual. I could only see an "N" (its not the gear ;-) ) in the Display and its not changing by pressing the buttons.

+ Pro:

She looooookssss sooo sexy! Everyone is turning arround and looking at this bike!

Sound is unbeliveable at higher rpm! I LOVE IT

She has a fantastic handling! Never had I bike like this. Compared to what I had in the past, this is multiple levels up !

Power is absolutly there after 8000rpm! wooooooow

So I am pretty happy with it and really looking forward for the mapping...

Cheers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.