MV Agusta Forum banner

Long Beach bike show Dec 2012

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  kawininja 
#1 ·
Who's going?

#2 ·
I am probably going early Saturday morning. May try to get there early enough to catch a demo ride or two.

I must admit that every year I go, I think, was this really worth it? But I seem to keep going anyway...

#5 ·
Agreed. Very little effort even by big companies like Honda. There wasn't even a token appearance by Aprilia/MV/Bimota, etc. About the only thing I found somewhat memorable was the Zero electric bikes and how much progress they've made.

The demos were all cruisers (H-D, Victory, Can-Am) with the exception of some Yamahas (which were half "Star" motorcycles). Cruisers are fine, but a couple of years ago, KTM (I demoed a Super Duke), Honda and Kawasaki all had demos, too, and they were absent this year.

When I walked the parking lot around noon, I could only find a pair of F3's. No other MV's (besides mine of course). I ended up practically selling the F3's when I was taking the photos (attached):

"Is that a Yamaha?"
Me, "No, it is an MV Agusta."
"Cool, who makes that?"
Me, "MV Agusta is the company, these are F3's."
"Never heard of them - that exhaust is awesome!"

And so on. The F3's got a lot of attention in the few minutes I was standing there.

My old 910R got's it's fair share of attention, too. I have to admit it feels good to get so many complements on my bike.

But, as far as the actual show, definitely the worst I've been too in a while. May take a couple years off of going...

Attachments

#7 ·
I just went to the show in Seattle. Waste of money. I want my $15 dollars back. I was done in about 30 min. No MV Agusta, No KTM, No Aprilia. The panigale R and the HP4 (not even the competition version) were the only things with a crowd around them. Then there were a bunch of God Aweful custom bikes that looked like shit.

Had more fun on the way back home going to see the RC8 at a dealer up there on the floor. That is a really comforatable sportbike to sit on...wonder how it rides?

The HP4 base model didn't look all that special. I wonder if the competition model makes it look better (the photos of it look awesome with the carbon and blue wheels)

The panigale R did look better in person than in photos. Sexiest bike there. The models were nice too:mouthwate

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.