MV Agusta Forum banner

Its officially Scassa for the F3!!

3K views 17 replies 13 participants last post by  vala-vala 
#1 ·
#4 · (Edited)
I picked up similar from Milan, he was on and off and in and out of the 'restricted area' on the MV stand too much for just a visit :)

Also interesting is this quote:

Penning a three-year agreement with the Italian outfit, which is rumoured to include a possible move into the World Superbike Championship from 2014,

Now in my opinion the current F4 would not be competetive at that level, so, I wonder if they plan on 'adding' another cylinder to the F4 :)

#5 ·
Time will tell, Mike. Personally, I don't have a crystal ball large enough to predict the outcome.
I'm sure that you've followed the fortunes of Yamaha, BMW and now Aprilia with interest over these past few years because you've owned each of these manufacturers 1000cc sportsbikes in relatively quick succession. Now it's our turn. We have a horse in the race. And it's a beauty.
On this forum you'll recall that some members have pointed out MV's lack of presence on the world's racing tracks and stating that MV are resting on their 37 laurels.
Well, in 2013 MV Agusta & their sponsors are putting bikes on a grid in one of the most hotly contested bike championships out there. Personally, I'm thrilled. The doubters said: "I'll believe it when I see it".
Others wished they would race again.

Give 'em hell boys and thank you for carrying on the racing legacy of, in my opinion, the most prestigious motorcycle manufacturer in history.
Dave.

#6 · (Edited)
Time will tell, Mike. Personally, I don't have a crystal ball large enough to predict the outcome.
I'm sure that you've followed the fortunes of Yamaha, BMW and now Aprilia with interest over these past few years because you've owned each of these manufacturers 1000cc sportsbikes in relatively quick succession. Now it's our turn. We have a horse in the race. And it's a beauty.
Dave.
I follow my own interests in racing Dave no matter which Bike I own, I would love to see MV back at the sharp end, there is a real and logical reason why the team has decided to run the F3 with Scassa

I think the F3 will show very well, it is a modern high tech motor and chassis set up, I like the idea of contra rotating crankshaft etc.

I hope they apply the same technology to the F4 and come out with another high tech stunner that could not only compete in WSB but win as well :)

Is this an Aprilia piss take? it's on next years RSV4

Attachments

#11 ·
It's going to be a hard year for MV. Going back to the world stage is always hard. The F3 is very capable in superstock trim. Just hope the kit parts come along quickly. In the UK we have Steve Mellor tuning our engines for BSB. He will receive help from ParkinGo so we won't be far behind the world boys on the Techy stuff.

#12 ·
I don't think it will be a hard year for MV , I think it will be a great year.
I understand that the guys racing and trying to get good results straight up, will have a hard time, because it's a big tough class to be competitive in, good luck to you - respect.:)

But for MV and their supporters, I think it will be nothing but great to hear the name MV on TV or see it in the magazine's, I am deeply envious without shame.
No matter what the results, the majority of riders/owners do not look at race results, but will be just proud to see MV back in action.

Good luck to all you guys having a go. I hope it is a roaring success for all of you and your supporters.

GO HARD MV.:yo:

#17 ·
Supersport is only 11 laps??

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.