MV Agusta Forum banner

The rear hub you have been waiting for

27K views 57 replies 37 participants last post by  mitchy 
#1 ·
This is my redesigned rear hub that I have finally finished.It has 2 deep groove bearings to replace the single angular bearing that is prone to failure and the opposite side has the needle roller that gives no problem and uses the original axle.Here are some pics to show you.Your imput will be appreciated and my thanks to Noel and Donsy for there backup and helping me through the testing of this hub,Mitch.[/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH]

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
I'd be interested in one too mate if they are not too expensive. I guess the more you make the cheaper they become?

#14 · (Edited)
hubs.....

mvrick;
you use the stock axle, no mods necessary...... totally plug and play

just like the stock hub you will need;

the 55 mm special socket
a 1/2" torque wrench and 10" extension
a 3/8" torque wrench and a 10 mm Allen socket
external snap ring pliers with 0.090" tips
grease for the axle

with the bike on the ground loosen the 55 mm nuts
lift the bike, support the bike, the foot peg mounts work
remove the 55 mm nuts and the wheel

loosen the pinch bolts
loosen the chain, lift it off the sprocket
remove the sprocket and carrier....watch the washers, the thick one goes under the carrier, the thin one under the nut
unbolt the caliper

now comes the ugly part....
removing the axle...... they rust in, ask CAG.....today Joe, mv2envy came by today...... NO rust, 1st time ever

ask Joe, i use tie downs to keep the bike in place.....i'm afraid of knocking it off the stands

i use a 4 lb single jack and a 1" Bakelite block on the end of the axle.....and i'm not tapping on it either:jsm:
ask Gregg Rand:naughty:

they RUST in .......use waterproof grease on the axle

PM me if you're interested..... i ordered 10, 4 people are on the list.....i need another for my F4, so 5 aren't spoken for......
if you want a special number on it, we'll work with you:naughty:

postman_bat;
pie in the sky, i ordered 10 before you guys even really knew about it......just to keep the price down.....
Donsy has prototype #1, I have #2 in my Brutale......we made some changes

i'm trying to keep the costs down, as is Mitch

Submariner;
i don't need insurance, 2, 6910-2RS bearing have so much more load capacity than the pre '10 single 3810-2RS that it doesn't count
for '10+ the new single row bearing has less capacity than the 3810.....:wtf::wtf:

some pencil dick lawyer can come after me..... i have no pockets and i have a better product than the factory......who are they going to go after?:naughty::naughty:

fuck them.......

i'm very proud of Mitch, and am glad i helped and defended him

the world needs more people like Mitch and less of the nay sayers that criticized him, he produced a product that fixes a factory defect
:naughty::naughty::naughty::naughty::naughty:

:popcorn:

:f4::brutale:

#15 ·
thanks Nole i just replaced my all my hub bearings roller & sealed. the hub had no sign of rust beacuse bike never seen rain or water the sealed bearings had no movements but sound very dry all good thanks to CBR bearings.

#16 ·
Very nice Mitch, thanks for the effort!

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.