MV Agusta Forum banner

Will the new F4 312RR in its standard form achieve 312kph

Status
Not open for further replies.

My F4.312 doesn't do 312 kph

255K views 2K replies 212 participants last post by  wrecker 
#1 ·
Can any body tell me were I stand legally, I bought a new MV Agusta F4 312R, which the MV dealer said would travel at 312 kph. So I bought it, I now find that the fastest speed I can get out of it on a runway is only 292kph and that's one of the fastest runs, ie good weather conditions with a tail wind. Can I legally sue MV Agusta under the trades descriptions act, ie It doesn't do what it says on the box? I would be very interested to hear your views. :violin:

#1,400 · (Edited)

A very good point Troz, folk often forget to take these things into consideration and they are indeed very important factors that should not be ignored.

Even tyre pressure is important!!

However I don't think how large Steven is will have much to do with anything except the smile on Mrs Woods face do you?

:conveyer:

Happy 2010

#7 ·
I cant believe how ridiculous the parent post is on this topic...sue?! For top speed?! I must say you have a lot of time on your hands or you live in a place where there are no speed limits and you really have to get from point a to point b as fast as possible. I agree that the 312R prob does not hit that speed for everyone. Only controlled conditions maybe. But for crying out loud...suing?!

#10 · (Edited)
stephen wood said:
Can any body tell me were I stand legally, I bought a new MV Agusta F4 312R, which the MV dealer said would travel at 312 kph. So I bought it, I now find that the fastest speed I can get out of it on a runway is only 292kph and that's one of the fastest runs, ie good weather conditions with a tail wind. Can I legally sue MV Agusta under the trades descriptions act, ie It doesn't do what it says on the box? I would be very interested to hear your views. :violin:
I guess it matters aswell how you rode in? I rode my Senna up to 303 km/h completly stock. With the Cat. removed and the RG3's I went up to 308 km/h!!!

An other Senna owner said he doesn't reach the 300 km/h barrier. But he's much heavier and less areodynamic :)

The 312 should at least do better then the R version.

But sueing the factory :jerkoff: Get a life :blah:

#13 ·
stephen wood said:
I bought a 312, fitted all the right gear on it, all at great expense and now you are insinuating I am a wanker because I am disappointed that the thing only does 292kph. If it only does 292kph, well thats what it should say on the side.
It says 'OXO' on buses but they don't sell it :stickpoke
When you change the stickers to 292 add one of these as well :jerkoff:

#15 ·
stephen wood said:
I bought a 312, fitted all the right gear on it, all at great expense and now you are insinuating I am a wanker because I am disappointed that the thing only does 292kph. If it only does 292kph, well thats what it should say on the side.
As others have indicated....unless you do exactly the same as MV did to test the speed of that bike, you do not even need to think about your missing kilometers any longer.

As pointed out, there are so many factors involved...from wrong break-in, over wrong setup to wrong measurements. What about your so-called right gear...may be this is slowing you down...

Nonetheless, before filing a lawsuit against MV, please hand me the $25,000 for the lawyer and I will buy your slow bike from you using that money.

Just because they put the number 1 plate on every F4 AGO does not mean that you always finish first... :banghead:

#16 ·
Mine says '1000R' on the side, but it's only 998cc, do you suggest I sue MV as well?

#17 ·
mikef4uk said:
Mine says '1000R' on the side, but it's only 998cc, do you suggest I sue MV as well?
You are missing only 2cc...BMW sells a 535 in Germany indicating 3500cc but it only comes with 3000cc...or just like my 550 here in the states...they forgot the remaining 200cc...now *I* have a reason to sue... :rant:

#18 ·
When you buy a bus, say for £40,000 pounds nobody sells it with the intention of you getting free OXO. However if you are sold a bike and the add says it will do 312kph and you have paid over the odds so that you can do 312kph and it end up slower then a R1, well thats when I think you should sue.

#19 ·
ASM said:
You are missing only 2cc...BMW sells a 535 in Germany indicating 3500cc but it only comes with 3000cc...or just like my 550 here in the states...they forgot the remaining 200cc...now *I* have a reason to sue... :rant:
Do you think if I asked them nicely they would send me the 2cc??

#25 ·
stephen wood said:
what mirrors
Ah yes! you won't need mirrors at the speeds you travel at :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.