MV Agusta Forum banner

MV F4 RR corsa corta runing in

2K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Loony 
#1 ·
Hi..does anyone know the real run-in schedule ?

Ive heard everything from keeping the revs under 6000 to working through the rev range and gears for the first 1000km,,any advice ?

#2 ·
I wouldn't fixate too much on the absolute revs. Get it warm, vary the revs, give it a burst every so often, don't necessarily pin it to the limiter but don't baby it either. Remember you're scrubbing the tyres, bedding the brakes, wearing in the chain, gearbox etc at this time too, so vary the riding if you can. I'd try to keep it out of town, keep on the twisties to give everything a chance to bed in.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App

#4 ·
Have a look in the User Manual, pages 30 and 31. The manufacturer is pretty explicit about this.
This question is raised here every now and then.
To me the manufacturer is the sole authority in matters like this. No offence to anyone but I find it pretty incomprehensible if someone believes to be in a position to give you conflicting instructions.

#5 ·
Have you ever given thought to the fact that the manufacturer HAS to take into account that the guy buying the bike might be on a big Superbike for the first time in his life PePe, and they are trying to keep the guy alive.
The manufacturer also has to keep many other things in mind that has to compensate for a huge range of factors - none or few of those is to make sure you get the best performance out of your bike.

It is a well know fact that these bikes have been run at full range of rev's in the factory, what do you think of that ?

Now read this and see if it all makes a bit more sence - http://www.mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm

#6 ·
tolerances are very close these days, stick to the right advice...get it warm by riding the bike, putting load on the engine. there is a misconception about letting the bike stand there getting warm idling away. build up the rpm over 150 miles or so...the most critical part of start up is the first 50 miles, you must let the bike warm up and get up to working temperature, then vary the rpm, use all the gears, don't let running in get in the way of enjoyment :)

#7 ·
Sorry man, just realised you hail from Melbin....me Sydney, some moons ago.

Just take it up to the Dandenongs for the weekend, and have fun. It will be properly run-in by the end.

PePe - no offence taken chap:stickpoke but honestly sometimes what's writ in the manual is there to save people from themselves, if you know what I mean...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.