MV Agusta Forum banner

Someone got the new mapping ?

4K views 29 replies 12 participants last post by  gotojoe 
#1 ·
Hi,

does anybody already have the new mapping on its bike ?

Tell us about how it changed...

Thanks

#2 ·
Only those that have picked up a bike from the second batch .. ie the white ones. Moto GB have a remap available and mine will be done in next couple of weeks.

#3 ·
Stece is also waiting for 'the computer' to land, he says they now have 'the computer' but are waiting for the connection lead, apparantly the end of the second week of May............don't know whether it's the same lead for F3/F4

#4 ·
New lead and it costs £1000 which they are expecting the dealers to pay for ... hence the delay in getting my remap sorted !!

#8 ·
Yes, theres an awful lot of RR owners complaining about the hole, some have even said it's more like turning the ignition off then back on, to me it doesn't sound like purely fuelling, I suspect something else is happening

#9 ·
I'm looking forward to hearing owners who will receive the new maps opinions once it's done. You would think and hope MV all be I know they are a small company can impress with these eagerly awaited updates.

It must be difficult and indeed frustrating for manufactures when they have spent so much time developing their engines and perfecting them only to have them restricted by emissions regulations.

#14 · (Edited)
I'm not convinced the latest batch of bikes will have hugely different mapping to the ones on the bikes already delivered to customers, I have heard today that MV are still working on the bike and more updates and maybe even hardware will be needed to resolve the issues.

It seems as if the F3 testers in Italy missed, never experianced or failed to report the running concerns the bikes have and I have been told they were under huge pressure to get the bike released ASAP.

Apperantly MV are so concerned about the running issues that the B3 release has now been put back two months so they can resolve it.

It looks as though I like many others could be going back to the dealer for an engine management update and possibly other future updates and replacement parts once they have finally sorted it out.

One thing is for sure I was told they are taking this very seriously and are working extremely hard to fix the problem.

My last bike had three updates over a period of two years, it got better every time so i'm used to this and i'm not too worried about it, yes it should have been right or better in the first place but lets be honest I don't think they could afford to delay the bike any longer.

#16 ·
Bruce,

speak to Martin at Forza on Saturday for his opinion, don't worry though I reckon the bike is still a gem despite a couple of little quirks and I'm convinced it will only get better too.

You should ask if you can take yours for a spin around the block, it's your bike after all and i'm sure they have trade plates so you can test it.

#20 · (Edited)
Just back from Forza, the mapping problem has not yet been resolved, so none of the bikes including the white or black or second batch of red/silver have been upgraded.
Information is that, yes MV are working on it, it will be FOC and hopefully soon.

There were five F3's there and the exhausts were all the same.
I cannot see what all the fuss is about, if you were not made aware of the comments, I am sure you would not notice it and it is certainly not going to bother me.

Just waiting now for the warmer weather to arrive and completion of the bike and then it is all systems go

Attachments

#21 ·
+3

Just back from Forza, the mapping problem has not yet been resolved, so none of the bikes including the white or black or second batch of red/silver have been upgraded.
Information is that, yes MV are working on it, it will be FOC and hopefully soon.

There were five F3's there and the exhausts were all the same.
I cannot see what all the fuss is about, if you were not made aware of the comments, I am sure you would not notice it and it is certainly not going to bother me.

Just waiting now for the warmer weather to arrive and completition of the bike and then it is all systems go
Thanks Bruce:)

#22 ·
Great news Bruce, the exhaust on your bike looks ok to me, it's a lot straighter then the last red and silver bike they had there, if they all looked like yours I doubt there would have been an issue, it was the bike below that another member noticed and posted, this was the bike that raised the concern.

If mine is the same as yours (one of the 5) then I'm happy and will be even more happy on Tuesday

Martin told me about the mapping on the phone but I thought it best you heard it yourself, and I thought it was not fair on Martin to tell you if you were going there today,
hence saying to you yeserday to have a chat with him.

The guy from Italy told them they are still working on it, apperantly they have delayed the release of the B3 for atleast another two months because of it.

I can wait and if i can ride a 1960 C15 through towns then the F3 will be a easy.

3 more sleeps :yo:

Goodnight all :)

Attachments

#23 ·
Well hi everyone,picked up my f3 today,so nervous. Was told by dealer/mechanic that the throttle is sensitive, no shit, but you get used to that quite quick but having said that the main issue is defo the fuelling issue below 4000 revs,its like the bike has developed a cold, coughing and splutering or like its running out of petrol, its quite irratating only because its the only negative in my opinion once this is sorted it will be near perfect! I rode home mostly motorway miles but then when got to my favorite local roads it really came good flicked into corners effortlessly really light actually felt alot like the old man's triumph 675 . He actually said i looked like i jelled with it really quick. My ass screamed for mercy the seat is bit hard but whateva. Having to stay at 6000 revs 69mph for 300 miles is standard procedure but pull on the throttle after that and it growls to the point of giving me an orgasm what a sound!!! Going out again tomorrow the attention i got was priceless i have the only f3 this side of bristol im in cornwall so feel special. Seriously the issues it has are small and fixable cast that to the back of you mind it only rears its head in towns and villages so other than that its an awsome bike to me so far. The bonding process has begun the love affair starts here open your mind and accept its minor discrections it will fullfill your dreams dont over think it just ride it!!! oh and the top pipe of exhaust does point out a bit but like the dealer said if it was in line with the other two it would struggle to clear the rear tyre. And lets face it a hot exhaust against a rubber tyre spells trouble?? On the hole im really pleased with it, gona get hubby to try it tomorrow but not that fussed on his opininon he could just be jealous lol. Will keep you updated best wishes julie xxx

#28 ·
Well hi everyone,picked up my f3 today,so nervous. Was told by dealer/mechanic that the throttle is sensitive, no shit, but you get used to that quite quick but having said that the main issue is defo the fuelling issue below 4000 revs,its like the bike has developed a cold, coughing and splutering or like its running out of petrol, its quite irratating only because its the only negative in my opinion once this is sorted it will be near perfect! I rode home mostly motorway miles but then when got to my favorite local roads it really came good flicked into corners effortlessly really light actually felt alot like the old man's triumph 675 . He actually said i looked like i jelled with it really quick. My ass screamed for mercy the seat is bit hard but whateva. Having to stay at 6000 revs 69mph for 300 miles is standard procedure but pull on the throttle after that and it growls to the point of giving me an orgasm what a sound!!! Going out again tomorrow the attention i got was priceless i have the only f3 this side of bristol im in cornwall so feel special. Seriously the issues it has are small and fixable cast that to the back of you mind it only rears its head in towns and villages so other than that its an awsome bike to me so far. The bonding process has begun the love affair starts here open your mind and accept its minor discrections it will fullfill your dreams dont over think it just ride it!!! oh and the top pipe of exhaust does point out a bit but like the dealer said if it was in line with the other two it would struggle to clear the rear tyre. And lets face it a hot exhaust against a rubber tyre spells trouble?? On the hole im really pleased with it, gona get hubby to try it tomorrow but not that fussed on his opininon he could just be jealous lol. Will keep you updated best wishes julie xxx

Excited for you !!! It's a true love affair!
I was out on mine yesterday after all the horrible weather we have had, i was nervous getting back on it, but even in the traffic around Lichfield I have learnt how to work it and get to a point where I don't even notice it - I keep the gears low (in slow traffic I stick to second gear) and the revs high (around 4.5 in traffic) - sounds mega too!

#27 ·
Yeah yesterday was lovely but bloody cold if im honest though. Hubby and i rode down to truro then after a pasty for lunch went over to newquay,wadebridge then over to looe for an ice-cream. I thought when i looked out of the window this morning the forecasters had got it wrong, so after watching the superbikes from yesterday was gona persude the hubby to go out for a quick spin, and then the heavens opened and it hasnt stopped here since. Never mind will have to wait till next weekend now. Plenty of good bike racing on. julie x

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.