MV Agusta Forum banner

CAG/Randaddy express rolls to Florida

9K views 133 replies 26 participants last post by  Randarosa 
#1 · (Edited)
Hah!

The Randaddy and I will be in Florida for a few days the week of the 12th-18th of March.

We plan to be in West Palm Monday night, the Keys Tuesday and Wed., and Daytona the 16th-18th.

Speaking for both of us, we'd love to meet any y'all for dinner and a beer.

Tell 'em to piss off if you feel otherwise Randy.

P.S. No smart ass remarks from the youngsters about not being able to use CAG/Randaddy and express in the same sentence.

#4 ·
Wish I could have joined you guys.....going to miss the 200 for the first time in years. They had to push it to the second week in March rather than the long standing traditional first week of March thanks to NASCAR.
Oh well....next year !!!!

#5 · (Edited)
Ed, I'm disappointed you can't be our bike week tour guide. I've been told you've got a tattoo for every bike week for 35 years. Hope Dave and Mary (Eflyer) can meet us.

So,here's a question for you guys. Look at all of my bikes (except the '34 Harley, and the '70 Honda) and suggest two bikes to load into the trailer. We're hoping to ride from WPB to Key West and back, as well as cruise Bike Week. Which two should we load?

We're going down to pick up a couple of bikes Carl has purchased, and bring 'em back north. One of them is a F4 to salvage for parts to replace all the parts I've sold off of Dave's CC. After all, a rear set is a rear set, right? Dave won't notice, will he? :naughty:

#7 ·
I already thought about that Dave........but the CC is missing juuuuuust a few parts at the moment.......:stickpoke

#9 ·
Put the Harleys in the trailer for bike week.....or the Connie and the CBX for the ride to the keys and bike week.....yeah, that's my pick.

Seriously....for what you are planning, your Harleys will fit in nicely if you can stand riding them to Key West. Otherwise, pick something comfy.
Bike week is a parade, the Brutale would be OK there, but not for the road to the keys.

#11 · (Edited)
I was actually thinking about the R100S and the CBX. Ive only put 1000 miles on the CBX in the last five years, for a total of 1600 now. I'm not sure I want to put 600-700 miles on her in one trip. The bike will do fine, but I'm trying to keep the mileage down. The Heritage and the VRod would both be fine on the 250 miles from WPB to Key West. Rolling slow is right up their alley.

Cruising Bike Week on the CBX and R100S would guarantee that you'll not likely see yourself coming and going at every corner, and the same can be said for a solid chrome VRod. Not really big on the Brutie for a couple of reasons.....not very comfortable at slow city riding, not much fun at Interstate cruising, and Carl and I have both ridden numerous Bruties. Same for the Ducati.

Certainly the Connie is by far the most comfortable and adept, but we're not in any hurry, or tied to any schedule. The Sportster 48 would be cool to the max cruising Daytona, but a torture rack on the longer ride with that 2.2 gallon tank and seat that will kill you.

#10 ·
And I've disabled the CC for the time being....it has no clutch lever !!!:jsm:

#13 ·
The Ruckus is really cool..If Jackie was going with me instead of Carl, then it'd be in the trailer. Two up with her cruising the Daytona strip would be fun........not so much with Carl. :jsm:

I follow a strict rule about two- up riding on a motorcycle.....only one pair of balls on the bike. I know, F4 riders have a much more liberal interpretation of the multiple pair of balls rule, but not Brutie riders. :naughty:

#31 · (Edited)
Randy.

The Beemer and the Kawasaki Concours 1400 would be my choice.. I suppose the Concours 1400 is some kind of custom cruiser ? ( haven't seen one here in the UK)..

John, doesn't Kawasaki sell this bike in the UK, if under a different name? For the money, most people think that the Concours 1400 is the best large sport touring bike available. Comfortable, powerful, well built, inexpensive, blinding fast for what it is, and not ugly. Four hundred miles at a time in relative comfort, is what it is known for. Mine cost $13,000 (left over 2010) versus the BMW 1600GT at over $26,000.

#16 ·
Cheers Dave.

That's perfect for a long road trip.. Not sure if it's the sort of bike to cruise up and down the Daytona strip, but at least it will get you there in relative comfort..

There’s going to be so many cool bikes at the event, that even the most Blinged up bike would be lost among the chrome and glitz of Daytona week.

The question is, who's going to be the cool Dude that will ride the BMW ?

#19 ·
Because the ride from WPB to Key West is a LOOOONNNNGGGGG one, and because you will be doing alot of slow stop-and-go traffic cruisin' Daytona, I'd choose the bikes withthe most forgiving clutches and the best slow speed cooling. For me, it would be the V-Rod and the Bimmer.

Is Carl riding one and you riding the other...or is one for the keys trip and one for cruising, both ridden by you?

#20 ·
Carl, come on up here and grap my CVO Ultra Classic...ride in style and comfort!

Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Tire Motor vehicle

#22 ·
It is a long ride..takes somewhere around 8 hours as I recall.

Generous, some would say I suppose, but what are friends for? If you'd like to experience the feel of an 890 pound hunk of american iron between your legs, the bike is yours to enjoy...just watch out for Randy to crawl up on the heated pillion....:stickpoke

#25 ·
Take the Harleys....but you may be surprised to see more than one chrome V-Rod in Daytona.

It has long seemed that EVERY Harley ever made is at Daytona....but I know there are even more at Sturgis (hard to imagine). Last few years the custom sport bikes have been a growing presence, but there are still more of every type of Harley than anything else.

#26 ·
That's because Daytona Florida is NO PLACE for a sport bike. There are no twisties, no elevation changes, no place to enjoy the throttle....

#28 ·
We are still docked at Burdines Waterfront Marina in Marathon, slip #8. till April 1 and you guys are welcome aboard.

#33 ·
Chris, take 'em to the Seven Mile Grill !!! (I hope it's as tastey as I remember...)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.