MV Agusta Forum banner

dealer dropped MV

4K views 16 replies 7 participants last post by  MVChris675 
#1 ·
Well after becoming a mv agusta dealer about 8 months ago Frontline eurosports in salem va has dropped the brand. I dropped my f3 off there about a month and a half ago to get a seal that was leaking fixed and have map #47 downloaded into the bike. They did fix the seal issue but were unable to download the software becouse they dont have access to the mv network anymore is what I was told. They told me they couldnt perform any warranty work for me anymore even though I purchased the bike from them.
So I called REDLINE. A dealer in williamsburg VA. there 3 hours away but it is a blessing in disguise. I have an appt to drop the bike off on the way to see my wifes parents at the beach on january 5th. They are going to put her on a dyno, flash the ecu and give her a custom tune. I will let you all know how things go. After talking with the general manager for 30 mins yesterday I wish I had got my bike from them. Seem tllile great knowledgeable people.

#2 ·
My local dealer is still an MV dealer, but they have refused to deal with any warranty issues on the bike (Broken tabs on rear seat fairing, shift indicator, warped tank) so I've had to go directly to MV USA - who so far are being very helpful. Hopefully MV USA understands that because they are a small brand making a US comeback their service needs to be SUPERIOR to that of the other European or Japanese brands.

Make a better bike and back it up with better service!

Corran

#6 ·
Maybe it is just me but how can a motorcycle store say that they are an MV dealer and honour warranty work. Then they are notably dealer but an independent dealer. They should not advertise themselves as an MV dealer. I would not buy a new bike from them.

#5 ·
The question isn’t how a dealer can deny service but rather, why would you want to deal with such a shop? Followed quickly by communicating said refusal to MV Agusta USA.

#4 ·
Easy: "Take your business elsewhere, we don't have the time to deal with this"

What else can you do but go elsewhere?

#7 ·
well, im about to drop my bike off for good. i paid 16k for this bike, and everytime i go to start it, it wont. it coughs like its backfiring thru the intake, makes a loud ping noise like the starter is disengauging. and mostly runs like shit under 4k. i was told my bike had all the updated stuff on it. and even so the clutch basket sounds like a bucket of bolts. only time i like this bike is when its on full song. im tempted to trade it in on a new 13 675 factory. you can get a bike with a race kit engine a spare engine and full race plastics for 3500 more then i paid for this lump of shit

#8 ·
Does that mean your handle will change to DaytonaChris675? ;-)

#9 ·
actually ive been known as triumphchris675 since 06 when i got my first daytona675. before that i was lexuschris. lol seems i have quite a few friends named chris, and thats how we kept us seperated. i actually have a triumph675 tatt on my right forearm. i didnt start riding until 06, and motorcycling saved my life. long story but very meaningful. if it wasnt for the daytona675 getting motorcycle of the year in 06. i more then likely woulod be dead.

#11 ·
do tell

#12 ·
well what can i say a bunch of mistakes leading up to the use of misc drugs throughout my life. heavy into X going to the clubs every weekend eating 20 to 30 pills..... got caught up in a club being investigated for profiting on the sale of X(amongst other things) arrested NEVER charged tried convicted NOTHING. they wanted me to become a CI i refused and got taken to jail. i got a laywer, it was definatly illegal search and seizure.( i had a work only liscence that had the restriction lifted months earlier) they used that to get me out of my car, search it found some pills and some weed. took my car which i later got back for 2000.00 in fees

WELL, that didnt stop me, i kept at it and started doing coke on the weekends too. now, this didnt go on during the week, i had work, and i DID have my priorities in line. had to pay bills and have cash to get my stuff. but, anway one day i seen the 675 on the cover of motorcyclist.(ive wanted a bike since i was a kid) went into a local dealer that had just opened up. sat on it and it felt like it was made for me, long story short, i went home that very day with her, graphite grey it was beautiful.

then the weekend rolled around, i found that i couldnt ride the bike after i had been out all night, so i figured out that only friday would work, then i could recover on sat and ride on sunday. YEA RIGHT. i just over did it on friday completly defeating what i thouhght was a great plan. so as the weeks went on, i kept overdoing it, feeling even worse for days at a time. finally i couldnt take it anymore, i knew where i was heading, i thought which is better risk my life riding? or kill myself doing drugs.......well the bike was winning that battle. hands down. i stopped doing X and coke cold turkey. and just dove into riding and becoming a good rider. now its all i want to do. and that is bascially it.

#14 ·
Well after becoming a mv agusta dealer about 8 months ago Frontline eurosports in salem va has dropped the brand. I dropped my f3 off there about a month and a half ago to get a seal that was leaking fixed and have map #47 downloaded into the bike. They did fix the seal issue but were unable to download the software becouse they dont have access to the mv network anymore is what I was told. They told me they couldnt perform any warranty work for me anymore even though I purchased the bike from them.
So I called REDLINE. A dealer in williamsburg VA. there 3 hours away but it is a blessing in disguise. I have an appt to drop the bike off on the way to see my wifes parents at the beach on january 5th. They are going to put her on a dyno, flash the ecu and give her a custom tune. I will let you all know how things go. After talking with the general manager for 30 mins yesterday I wish I had got my bike from them. Seem tllile great knowledgeable people.
Can the stock ECU be "custom tuned"?

#16 ·
Chris that's an amazing tale.... and bravo for your exit from that life and entry into riding. I have a friend with a similar tale but she dove into surfing the way you did riding... its great to see.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.