SpainF4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 02:11 AM   #13
MV in NZ
Established Member

MV in the Registry:
[F3]

Quote:
Originally Posted by senna666 View Post

MV why did you have to throw another option into the mix!?!
Second that. Damn it. I've just bought the F3 and didn't like the looks of the other Brutales. But this 800 baby is HOT. If I could turn the clock back, I think I'd gone for this in the blue/white. 800cc triple will be awesome. That extra torgue, argh! so annoyed at MV for doing this to me.
Old 11-03-2012, 03:01 AM   #14
revhead1957

Copy /Paste from another forum:
Features MV Agusta Brutale 800

In detail, the main features of MV Agusta Brutale 800 are:
• three-cylinder engine in line with crankshaft counter
• Technology MVICS (Motor & Vehicle Integrated Control System)
• Traction control adjustable on 8 levels
• Frame structure mixed trellis steel tubes and aluminum plate for high torsional rigidity
• Single-arm rear shock absorber with adjustable
upside-down fork
• 43 mm adjustable
• racing brakes with radial front calipers

Design

MV Agusta Brutale 800 is undoubtedly, at first glance. Why perfect combination of aesthetics and functionality. Design and ergonomics. Form and substance. Unique in its kind, this three-cylinder not deviate from standards of excellence of the Brutale 675, from which it differs, however, to search for graphics and color even more accurate. The overall compactness is impressive, the mechanical dominates: the three-cylinder engine is almost completely exposed to view, embraced upwardly from the frame and under from exhaust manifolds.

The reservoir is modeled in such a way as to ensure maximum capacity and at the same time the volume as small as possible, while the tail is essential yet elegant. Even the headlights characterize the design, by combining original elements and stylistic features of the Brutale range. The exhaust pipe, a distinctive component of MV Agusta Brutale three cylinders located in a new version, the undeniable charm.

Engine

The new three-cylinder engine 800 has a stroke of 54.3 mm and delivers power and torque of 125 hp at 11,600 revs / min limiter at 13,000 rpm, the maximum torque is also significant that touches 81 Nm at 8600 rpm , in a strengthening extended to the entire curve of dispensing, in order to ensure a gas response prompt and generous at all regimes of use. This level of performance, compared to the dry weight of the vehicle equal to 167 kg, put the Brutale 800 at the top of the category “naked” setting the new benchmark.

With F3 and Brutale 675 the new Brutale 800 shares most of the components. In common, so the fundamental technical decisions: first, the crankshaft counter, previously used only in MotoGP and able to offer the best balance while driving, reducing inertia when changing direction and thus increasing the maneuverability of the vehicle. Particular also the use of the base of “closed-deck”, cast shell and integral with the barrel. To emphasize, finally, the choice of integrating circuits in the crankcase oil and water, with the pump unit located inside the motor, to the advantage inter alia also the aesthetics of the motorcycle. The final transmission ratio is stretched, by virtue of superior performance and through the mounting of a crown with two teeth less.

Electronics

The most advanced electronic management of the category is a record that, after Brutale 675, Brutale 800 also excels with looking MV Agusta applied to mass production. The system MVICS (Motor & Vehicle Integrated Control System) ensures the integrated control of the vehicle and the engine: more in detail, allows to combine the management of the three cylinders with the traction control, in order to obtain performance and safety.

Technological assumption of the project is the use of the Full Ride By Wire, the electronic control of the throttle body, which together with the mapping for injection and ignition optimizes the air-fuel mixture at all engine speeds of delivery, maximizing the availability of power and torque as a function of the requests of the pilot. Compared to the traditional mechanical control of gas, the Full Ride By Wire allows you to completely untie each other parameters of angular rotation of the accelerator and throttle opening, leaving the electronics the task of finding the fastest and best efficiency to achieve the result desired by the driver.
Brutale 800 of the system is multimap, with three preset modes and a fully customizable so you really can choose the most appropriate delivery to specific conditions of use or oestrus of the moment. The integration of MVICS includes traction control on eight levels, adjustable in seconds and visible on the dashboard digital intervenes throttle, ignition advance and injection.

Frame

Handling, traction, ease of operation and performance: The objectives of the project were achieved by focusing on the chassis frame with a mixed structure, an unmistakable trademark of MV Agusta, consisting of the front section trellis steel tubes and two alloy plates aluminum, fulcrum point of the long single arm, designed to ensure the most efficient transmission of power to the asphalt.

Suspension

A superior performance are more likely to suspension adjustment: for this MV Agusta Brutale 800 is fitted upside down fork and shock absorber for the hydraulic response customizable and flexible. The upside down fork 43 mm in diameter, characterized by the excellent flowability, confirms the excursion of 125 mm and is adjustable in compression, rebound and spring preload, stroke 119 mm for the rear wheel, attached to the swingarm and all ‘shock absorber, adjustable in compression, rebound and spring preload. Brutale 800, therefore, adds to the versatility of the Brutale 675 additional possibilities for promoting its outstanding driving dynamics, thanks to the new suspension.

Brakes

Brutale 800 offers a braking system of the highest quality at the front stands the pair of disks 320 mm in diameter, with Brembo radial calipers and four-piston (32 mm diameter), and also at the rear the budget is at the top for effectiveness , with the disc of 220 mm and the caliper Brembo two pistons (34 mm in diameter).

Colors and prices

The new Brutale 800 is available in 4 color combinations:
• Ruby Red Metallic / Silver
• White / Red Mamba
• Grey metallic matt / Pearl White
• White / Blue Pearl “ITALY”
Prices: from € 9,990, also available in EAS to 10,390 €. Brutale 800 “ITALY” is only available in the EAS to € 10,990.
revhead1957 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 03:04 AM   #15
revhead1957

Love the look, very 'bad boy, don't f@#k with me...'

Also love the logo on the bottom of the press release, would make a great tshirt.
revhead1957 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 04:54 AM   #16
mikef4uk

MV in the Registry:
[F4 1000 R]

I think the bike on the whole looks great in the usual MV tradition and the 800 triple hopefully will also make it's way into the F3

However, zoom in on the RH side of the engine, there's a clutch cable that probably has to go where it is, but the rest of the pipes and wires need some moving about to get them gone, rear brake master cylinder pipes could quite easy of followed the frame plates to look a little less conspicuous
Attached Images

MV's all gone now, still have a soft spot for MV's, waiting for MV to tick all my boxes again.
Previously (and about 40 others)748SP, S4, S4R, 98R1, 2000 F4, F41000S, F41000R, 08R1, 09R1, S1000RR, RSV4 Factory aPRC in Garage now

Last edited by mikef4uk : 11-03-2012 at 04:59 AM.
mikef4uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 06:58 AM   #17
BG Wells

Fantastic looking bike...aggressive and classy at the same time. I've really grown to just love those three pipes (loved them from the start..but now WOW..just class) I think it would be great if someone released something similar for the B4 (with 4 pipes obviously).
Yep that bike is one I'd go for instantly................consider the competition??
It has me drooling!
Brian.
BG Wells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 07:51 AM   #18
italia

I think the 800 really fits nicely in the line up.
- Same weight as the 675 (35 lbs. lighter than the 1090RR)
- Same shorter wheelbase as the 675 (2.3" shorter than the 1090RR)
- 31 hp less than the 1090RR (125 vs. 156)
- 19 NM less torque than 1090RR (81 vs. 100)
- 31.9" seat height vs. 32.7" on the 1090RR
- 28.5" wide vs. 30.7" width on the 1090RR
- 5.5" rear rim rather than 6" on the 1090RR
- 43mm front forks vs. 50mm on 1090RR
- 180mm rear tire rather than 190 on rear rim
- 2 piston Brembo rear brake vs. 4 piston Nissin on the 1090RR

The potential shortcomings for some on the 800 (relative to the 1090RR) may include:
- Non-monobloc front brakes.
- No high/low speed compression damping adjustability on the rear shock.
- Mikuni ride-by-wire throttle body control. Seems that both MV (with the 675) and Ducati (with the new Multistrada) experienced fueling issues with early versions of the ride by wire.

All in all, I think the 800 will be more nimble than a 1090RR due to weight and lateral size, and possibly able to transition quicker due to shorter wheelbase and smaller rear wheel/tire (the 190 on some Ducs transitions slower than the 180). I think 50mm front forks are overkill on a street bike (others I'm sure disagree). I had 50mm Marzocchi on a dirt bike - I think those beefy forks are well suited for dirt bike suspension dynamics.

Overall, I really like it and can't wait to see the Rivale 800!
'04 Ducati Monster 1000S
'08 MV Agusta F4 1000 R 312 - Sold
~Amo tutte le cose italiane~

Last edited by italia : 11-03-2012 at 08:29 AM.
italia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 08:00 AM   #19
italia

What color is this seat on the 800? Black? Brown? Brick Red? Black Cherry? Maroon?

'04 Ducati Monster 1000S
'08 MV Agusta F4 1000 R 312 - Sold
~Amo tutte le cose italiane~
italia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 05:14 AM   #20
Sydney 910R

Luke,
have you tested the 848 yet? my mate has and he said it was a bit gutless low down and and to rev the nuts of it to get it to wheely, so i dont think it will quite have the oomph that your 910 had, just saying. if you have tested it and love it then alls good, but i have to say i quite like the 800, how ever a 900 version would be even better if only for the massive weight advantage.

James
Sydney 910R is offline   Reply With Quote