Forum
Go Back   MVAgusta.net > Technical and Hands On > Customizing
Register FAQ Members List

Old 05-06-2012, 11:31 AM   #1
Rommeld

MV in the Registry:
[F4 1000]

Default Long drive problems: adapting Footrests

I have a F4 1000S from 2006 and when I am driving longer distances (100km+) I get a lot of pain in my neck, arms and shoulders. This is mainly due to the agressive sitting on the bike and probably my length (1.92m).

Now I was thinking of repositioning the footrests or replacing them with ones which are easy to reposition.

Does anyone have experience with one of the two and can help?

In a month I will be driving to the Isle of Man, starting from the Netherlands, so I need to do something about it, otherwise I will not survive the trip
Advertisement

Old 05-06-2012, 01:45 PM   #2
postman_bat
Jason + Stanley Knife + D.I.Y = Casualty and

MV in the Registry:
[F4 1000]

Well I can't recommend anything but I've done le mans , assent rom uk. and end of this month Santander to Andorra the Barcelona then back to Santander
All we do is stop when u fill up for a break also keep moving your body feet and if your arms start to hurt relax them n rest your upper body on the tank to take weight
Old 05-06-2012, 04:25 PM   #3
MvMerito

MV in the Registry:
[F4S 750]

I found it relatively painful on longer journeys so I got the Gilles footrests or rear sets as they are called- there's loads of positioning options for the rests and they perform faultlessly

That together with keeping fit, I now run about 20m per week- all help in riding the Mv long distance & for long periods in the saddle. Before I was running I'd get cramp in my legs and my neck would kill with the upward looking riding position...

General fitness really plays a massive part in enduring the 'gun it' riding position
Old 05-06-2012, 06:15 PM   #4
kieran323

MV in the Registry:
[F4S 750]

Quote:
Originally Posted by MvMerito View Post
That together with keeping fit, I now run about 20m per week- all help in riding the Mv long distance & for long periods in the saddle. Before I was running I'd get cramp in my legs and my neck would kill with the upward looking riding position...

General fitness really plays a massive part in enduring the 'gun it' riding position
20m? 20 meters? I really can't imagine that helping all that much

General fitness helps, so does being flexible. On breaks, do small exercises (star jumps, squats, etc) and then stretch.

Also a tank bag full of stuff is great to rest your upper body on
"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all their life" #58
kieran323 is offline   Reply With Quote