# Dead Shori batteries, bofum! - Page 2 - MVAgusta.net
|
|

Forum
Go Back   MVAgusta.net > Technical and Hands On > Maintenance & Tech. Issues (All 4 Cyl. Models)
Register FAQ Members List

Old 05-05-2012, 01:43 PM   #11
adecritten

No MVs in the Registry

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobP View Post
Lithium iron phosphate batteries (liFePo3) Btw, I don't put mine on the charger when the bike isn't being used for long periods, I either let them run flat. Or disconnect them. I use quick disconnects.
Good point there!! I'm pretty sure that leaving a laptop constantly on charge will screw the battery much quicker than if you only charge it when required.

adecritten is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-05-2012, 04:46 PM   #12
mikef4uk

MV in the Registry:
[F4 1000 R]

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDS View Post
Mike.. Did you buy the Antigravity bat in the UK ?.. If so, have you got a link ?

Cheers
John
Hi John,

No, it came from the US of A

MV's all gone now, still have a soft spot for MV's, waiting for MV to tick all my boxes again.
Previously (and about 40 others)748SP, S4, S4R, 98R1, 2000 F4, F41000S, F41000R, 08R1, 09R1, S1000RR, RSV4 Factory aPRC in Garage now
mikef4uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 04:49 PM   #13
mikef4uk

MV in the Registry:
[F4 1000 R]

Quote:
Originally Posted by adecritten View Post
Good point there!! I'm pretty sure that leaving a laptop constantly on charge will screw the battery much quicker than if you only charge it when required.

This is from the Antigravity website:

The Antigravity Battery normal voltage is 13.2v. The battery will read up to 14.7V immediately after charging. The normal operating range will read between 13.3-14.5V. After a few hours it will self balance to the 13.3-7 range which is its normal state of charge. The maximum voltage the battery should be exposed to is 14.7V. On the lower end of the voltage range the battery should be put on a charger if the battery voltage gets drops below the 12.5V range while sitting. The voltage should not be allowed to drop below 10.5V while at rest. Permanent damage will occur at below 10.5 volts..

MV's all gone now, still have a soft spot for MV's, waiting for MV to tick all my boxes again.
Previously (and about 40 others)748SP, S4, S4R, 98R1, 2000 F4, F41000S, F41000R, 08R1, 09R1, S1000RR, RSV4 Factory aPRC in Garage now
Old 05-05-2012, 04:55 PM   #14
mikef4uk

MV in the Registry:
[F4 1000 R]

Quote:
Lithium iron phosphate batteries (liFePo3) are supposed to be good for a thousand charge cycles, meaning that they go from full charge to zero charge a thousand times without dying. These are the batteries used in hybrid cars. I built a battery pack a couple of years ago and have had no issues. I charge it with a standard trickle charger. Having two batteries die seems odd and points to your charger. Btw, I don't put
Mine on the charger when the bike isn't being used for long periods, I either let them run flat. Or disconnect them. I use quick disconnects.
Rob these are LiFePO4 batteries

Old 05-05-2012, 08:57 PM   #15
ASSAIL

Quote:
Lithium iron phosphate batteries (liFePo3) are supposed to be good for a thousand charge cycles, meaning that they go from full charge to zero charge a thousand times without dying. These are the batteries used in hybrid cars.
A charge cycle doesn't discharge a battery to 0v. It's just going from charged to discharged and back within the particular batterys intended charge range. Even deep cycle batteries are considered fully discharged when they still retain between 20-50% charge.
Lithium batteries in hybrid cars are shallow cycle and don't discharge more than 20% or so,charge before being considered fully discharged.
ASSAIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 01:15 AM   #16
RobP

MV in the Registry:
[F4 1000 R]

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikef4uk View Post
Rob these are LiFePO4 batteries
Sorry working from memory which is a bit feeble. I am referring to a123 cells.
RobP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 02:00 AM   #17
RobP

MV in the Registry:
[F4 1000 R]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASSAIL View Post
A charge cycle doesn't discharge a battery to 0v. It's just going from charged to discharged and back within the particular batterys intended charge range. Even deep cycle batteries are considered fully discharged when they still retain between 20-50% charge.
Lithium batteries in hybrid cars are shallow cycle and don't discharge more than 20% or so,charge before being considered fully discharged.
I did not know that. I stand corrected. Thanks, I learned something today . I wonder if my battery is dead, better check.
RobP is offline   Reply With Quote