Old 05-05-2012, 12:07 PM   #21
Donsy

MV in the Registry:
[F4 1000 R]

Send a message via Skype™ to Donsy
Thumbs up +3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Taylor View Post
Just back from Forza, the mapping problem has not yet been resolved, so none of the bikes including the white or black or second batch of red/silver have been upgraded.
Information is that, yes MV are working on it, it will be FOC and hopefully soon.

There were five F3's there and the exhausts were all the same.
I cannot see what all the fuss is about, if you were not made aware of the comments, I am sure you would not notice it and it is certainly not going to bother me.

Just waiting now for the warmer weather to arrive and completition of the bike and then it is all systems go
Thanks Bruce

Mobile - 0438385776 in Australia
eMail me - donsy@teamdouble3racing.com or teamdouble3@bigpond.com [PayPal]
Web - http://www.teamdouble3racing.com/aboutus.php
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Team-...53264738050813
Donsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-05-2012, 05:29 PM   #22
perfect

MV in the Registry:
[F3]

Great news Bruce, the exhaust on your bike looks ok to me, it's a lot straighter then the last red and silver bike they had there, if they all looked like yours I doubt there would have been an issue, it was the bike below that another member noticed and posted, this was the bike that raised the concern.

If mine is the same as yours (one of the 5) then I'm happy and will be even more happy on Tuesday

Martin told me about the mapping on the phone but I thought it best you heard it yourself, and I thought it was not fair on Martin to tell you if you were going there today,
hence saying to you yeserday to have a chat with him.

The guy from Italy told them they are still working on it, apperantly they have delayed the release of the B3 for atleast another two months because of it.

I can wait and if i can ride a 1960 C15 through towns then the F3 will be a easy.

3 more sleeps

Goodnight all
Attached Images

perfect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 06:29 PM   #23
nannyracer

MV in the Registry:
[F3]

Well hi everyone,picked up my f3 today,so nervous. Was told by dealer/mechanic that the throttle is sensitive, no shit, but you get used to that quite quick but having said that the main issue is defo the fuelling issue below 4000 revs,its like the bike has developed a cold, coughing and splutering or like its running out of petrol, its quite irratating only because its the only negative in my opinion once this is sorted it will be near perfect! I rode home mostly motorway miles but then when got to my favorite local roads it really came good flicked into corners effortlessly really light actually felt alot like the old man's triumph 675 . He actually said i looked like i jelled with it really quick. My ass screamed for mercy the seat is bit hard but whateva. Having to stay at 6000 revs 69mph for 300 miles is standard procedure but pull on the throttle after that and it growls to the point of giving me an orgasm what a sound!!! Going out again tomorrow the attention i got was priceless i have the only f3 this side of bristol im in cornwall so feel special. Seriously the issues it has are small and fixable cast that to the back of you mind it only rears its head in towns and villages so other than that its an awsome bike to me so far. The bonding process has begun the love affair starts here open your mind and accept its minor discrections it will fullfill your dreams dont over think it just ride it!!! oh and the top pipe of exhaust does point out a bit but like the dealer said if it was in line with the other two it would struggle to clear the rear tyre. And lets face it a hot exhaust against a rubber tyre spells trouble?? On the hole im really pleased with it, gona get hubby to try it tomorrow but not that fussed on his opininon he could just be jealous lol. Will keep you updated best wishes julie xxx
nannyracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 04:59 AM   #24
alfred46uk
Established Member

Hi nannyracer,where in Cornwall are you?
alfred46uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 05:27 AM   #25
nannyracer

MV in the Registry:
[F3]

Hi i'm in bodmin.
Old 05-07-2012, 06:52 AM   #26
alfred46uk
Established Member

Ideal,central for some great roads,Torpoint myself, yesterday was a good one,might take the Brute up to Trerulefoot and back later on if it stays dry.
alfred46uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 07:22 AM   #27
nannyracer

MV in the Registry:
[F3]

Yeah yesterday was lovely but bloody cold if im honest though. Hubby and i rode down to truro then after a pasty for lunch went over to newquay,wadebridge then over to looe for an ice-cream. I thought when i looked out of the window this morning the forecasters had got it wrong, so after watching the superbikes from yesterday was gona persude the hubby to go out for a quick spin, and then the heavens opened and it hasnt stopped here since. Never mind will have to wait till next weekend now. Plenty of good bike racing on. julie x
Old 05-07-2012, 09:52 AM   #28
Tallula

MV in the Registry:
[F3]

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannyracer View Post
Well hi everyone,picked up my f3 today,so nervous. Was told by dealer/mechanic that the throttle is sensitive, no shit, but you get used to that quite quick but having said that the main issue is defo the fuelling issue below 4000 revs,its like the bike has developed a cold, coughing and splutering or like its running out of petrol, its quite irratating only because its the only negative in my opinion once this is sorted it will be near perfect! I rode home mostly motorway miles but then when got to my favorite local roads it really came good flicked into corners effortlessly really light actually felt alot like the old man's triumph 675 . He actually said i looked like i jelled with it really quick. My ass screamed for mercy the seat is bit hard but whateva. Having to stay at 6000 revs 69mph for 300 miles is standard procedure but pull on the throttle after that and it growls to the point of giving me an orgasm what a sound!!! Going out again tomorrow the attention i got was priceless i have the only f3 this side of bristol im in cornwall so feel special. Seriously the issues it has are small and fixable cast that to the back of you mind it only rears its head in towns and villages so other than that its an awsome bike to me so far. The bonding process has begun the love affair starts here open your mind and accept its minor discrections it will fullfill your dreams dont over think it just ride it!!! oh and the top pipe of exhaust does point out a bit but like the dealer said if it was in line with the other two it would struggle to clear the rear tyre. And lets face it a hot exhaust against a rubber tyre spells trouble?? On the hole im really pleased with it, gona get hubby to try it tomorrow but not that fussed on his opininon he could just be jealous lol. Will keep you updated best wishes julie xxx

Excited for you !!! It's a true love affair!
I was out on mine yesterday after all the horrible weather we have had, i was nervous getting back on it, but even in the traffic around Lichfield I have learnt how to work it and get to a point where I don't even notice it - I keep the gears low (in slow traffic I stick to second gear) and the revs high (around 4.5 in traffic) - sounds mega too!

Proud owner of an MV Agusta F3 - picked up on 06/04/2012 from Drayton Croft, Hinckley.
Tallula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 10:28 AM   #29
gotojoe

MV in the Registry:
[F4 1000 R]

Quote:
Hi i'm in bodmin.
The " Beast of Bodmin moves"
gotojoe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 10:31 AM   #30
gotojoe

MV in the Registry:
[F4 1000 R]

Quote:
Yeah yesterday was lovely but bloody cold if im honest though. Hubby and i rode down to truro then after a pasty for lunch went over to newquay,wadebridge then over to looe for an ice-cream. I thought when i looked out of the window this morning the forecasters had got it wrong, so after watching the superbikes from yesterday was gona persude the hubby to go out for a quick spin, and then the heavens opened and it hasnt stopped here since. Never mind will have to wait till next weekend now. Plenty of good bike racing on. julie x

a pasty for lunch

Ha ha well it is Cornwall...Do you still drop em down the tin mines ; )

I went on a boat out of Looe sea fishing...The Deau Kerens...10 hours sea sick..apart from that it is beautiful down there where you are..

joe
gotojoe is online now   Reply With Quote