|

Forum
Go Back   MVAgusta.net > Models > F3
Register FAQ Members List

Old 04-17-2012, 11:57 AM   #11
Stephen W.

MV in the Registry:
[F3]

Well it appears that the factory considers the F3 a 2012 model. Or at least that's what it says on the Special Parts page of the MV website.

F3 675 MY2012
http://www.mvagusta.it/common/shop/special-parts

(Anyone check what year is indicated in their VIN.)
2013 675 MV F3 Red Molly
1998 900 SS FE silFEr

Stephen W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-17-2012, 11:33 AM   #12
Stephen W.

MV in the Registry:
[F3]

Spoke to soon, or rather, the above image was, um... shall we say optimistically premature. MV Agusta Canada (MotoVan) may well have seen deposits for what they perceived would be their entire 2012 F3 inventory however, many of those people have recently reconsidered making the purchase. Either they have bought something else so they can ride now or have chosen to wait and see how good or bad the first gen F3's prove to be.

I spoke with my salesman last night and the story has changed yet again. Oh, kel sir-prease! (quelle surprise).
It seems his allotment of bikes has dropped and he is now being told that he'll get only six F3's. Five whites and just one red / silver. When I called I think he was expecting me to ask for my deposit back as he was not pleasant at all. At one point he hung up on me explaining later that he thought he'd lost the signal. Once I had expressed that I was indeed still wanting an F3 his whole demeanour changed. He went into great detail of how he can't get a straight story from his MV rep. He complained that people think he's the one jerking them around. One of the first people to place a deposit with him, (like a year ago) had been into the shop a day earlier and took his deposit back. He was tired of getting jerked around and bought something else.
I asked my salesman where I fell in line now that he'd lost a couple of sales. He inquired as to which colour I'd asked for. I replied that my first choice was the red / silver because I wanted the all black frame. However, if white was all he was getting I'd be fine with that. He said, "Well your in luck. That guy who just bought something else was going to get the only red / silver I was getting so now your name is on it. But! I have no clue as to when it'll arrive." He went on to inform me that there was a price increase as well. Yep! same deal as you US customers. The Canadian bikes will arrive with the Electronic Shift Assist already installed. He didn't know how much the increase would be or mention anything about the new map. I think it stands to reason though that the bikes coming north of the border will be in the same configuration as those to the south.

I read someplace (possibly on Pro Italia's website) that "D" day (meaning delivery) was June 10th. One can only hope, eh?
Edit; Make that June 15th.
2013 675 MV F3 Red Molly
1998 900 SS FE silFEr

Last edited by Stephen W. : 05-17-2012 at 04:20 PM.
Stephen W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 01:52 PM   #13
tripletripletriple

MV in the Registry:
[F3]

This past weekend I popped into my dealer; he's had a lot of people be non-committal as well, pulling back on interest and deposits. So even tho I'm a recent depositor (for a lot of reasons I have had to delay, putting my back into the 2013 group), mine may arrive as a first batch (2012).

Interestingly, he's mentioned that he expects the first batch in September/October, the next in November (which to him means February). Nothing official tho.

No matter to me. I can wait. My Triumph is still all kinds of fun for me this season, and next I'll have another option!
tripletripletriple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 08:50 PM   #14
Dahulk

Send a message via Skype™ to Dahulk

Wonder if this means I can get a good deal in the winter for an F3
Dahulk is offline   Reply With Quote