Forum
Go Back   MVAgusta.net > The Lounge > Lee's Kitchen Sink
Register FAQ Members List

Old 04-15-2012, 02:19 PM   #21
JDS
King of Bling

Send a message via MSN to JDS
Wink

What do you mean turning into.... I'm already there mate !

EMAIL : john@jandrdasilva.co.uk

Warning : Strong Sex References, Hard Drug Use and Strong Language
JDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-16-2012, 05:27 PM   #22
AlexS

MV in the Registry:
[F4 MY2010+]

On a different note. Joe, met your Irish twin today in a store. I even asked him if I could snap a pic, but he declined. Walked in, see you standing at cashier, came up all happy - "hey Joe, I thought you went back!!!!" Guy looks at me, "I'm no Joe". then i realized that he was 1/2 shorter then you.
AlexS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 04:40 AM   #23
gotojoe

MV in the Registry:
[F4 1000 R]

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexS View Post
On a different note. Joe, met your Irish twin today in a store. I even asked him if I could snap a pic, but he declined. Walked in, see you standing at cashier, came up all happy - "hey Joe, I thought you went back!!!!" Guy looks at me, "I'm no Joe". then i realized that he was 1/2 shorter then you.
Ha ha..That's funny..Not often you see tall handsome, debonair , cool Irishman these days : )

Alex, I read your other thread..You need me over there when you are on those crazy Boston Highways.....

I go into hospital for just one day and look what happens !!

You bad boy lol

Get some sound legal advice Alex because it may be ok in law to speed up to avoid being killed on the highway.It would certainly be a mitigating factor. Then make sure you are well represented so that the issue is treated fairly . You are in a complex legal area and you need to bring in the experts to help you...It's technical .and turn up in court in your sharpest suit..and look sad..

Main thing is...You weren't hurt...Don't waste your energy getting mad with the cops..Stay focused and reduce the further impact in your life..

Joe

Last edited by gotojoe : 04-18-2012 at 04:49 AM.
gotojoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 06:00 AM   #24
gotojoe

MV in the Registry:
[F4 1000 R]

Well Guys

I am under the influence of a myriad of pain killers following my back op on Monday.

Today I spoke " online" to MBNA...

What do you think ?

Did I do good ?

What do you think of MBNA's attitude to their customer of 20 + years ?

joe

Thank you for taking the time to contact us. Please note this chat will last approximately 10 minutes during that time the representative may need to ask for your card number and security details in order to be able to answer your queries on, for example, balance transfer fees and promotional rates that are specific to your account.

You are now connected with Matt, an MBNA Customer Service Representative.

Matt: Hi, you're chatting to Matt. How can I help you today?

JOSEPH GEOGHEGAN: gOOD MORNING mATT

JOSEPH GEOGHEGAN: I have a little prob with the account

Matt: I can certainly assist you with accessing your account today. I notice that you had caps lock on. As the password is case sensitive, this may be the issue. Have you tried varying the case used?

JOSEPH GEOGHEGAN: yes : )

Matt: If that doesn’t help...

Matt: If you follow the ‘Forgotten your password?’ link, you can complete an immediate reset. You will need to have your card to hand and you need to know your credit limit. The reset will only take a few minutes.

JOSEPH GEOGHEGAN: Can I talk to you about the issue I wish to resolve or do I need to phone in Matt

Matt: You can certainly ask me, if I'm able to help I can assure you I will. If you need referring elsewhere, I'll be glad to do that.

JOSEPH GEOGHEGAN: ojk

JOSEPH GEOGHEGAN: I telephoned MBNA last month and advised i would be changing DD as the min paymenty was being taken from wrong account

JOSEPH GEOGHEGAN: I then stopped the DD

JOSEPH GEOGHEGAN: I paid the min amount for April by direct electronic payment from my bank

JOSEPH GEOGHEGAN: I have also since cleared the account completely

JOSEPH GEOGHEGAN: was a bit surprised to be advised of a 12.00 fee

Matt: I can certainly look into that for you. Can I take your name and card number please?

JOSEPH GEOGHEGAN: yep

JOSEPH GEOGHEGAN: It's Joseph Geoghegan

JOSEPH GEOGHEGAN: card no

JOSEPH GEOGHEGAN: do you want short no on back

Matt: No thank you, that's fine for now.

JOSEPH GEOGHEGAN: btw the min payment cleared one day before due date into MBNA account

Matt: Many thanks. I will have a look in to your account for you now. While I do that, you may be interested to know that if you provide us with your mobile telephone number you can keep up to date with your account using our mobile banking text service. Send BAL, TRAN or BILL to 83838 for up to date balance, transaction or payment information. Or, send the same request to 0786 0010010 and take advantage of any text message services included in your mobile plan. This is a free service available within the U.K. however standard Network charges may apply. You can add your mobile number on-line. From the ‘Your Account’ screen select the ‘Manage Account’ tab and you will see a link ‘Manage Your Information’.

JOSEPH GEOGHEGAN: That's ok Matt, I don't requir that service but I'll bar it in mind

JOSEPH GEOGHEGAN: bear

Matt: Thanks for waiting. I've found in the notes where you spoke to us 13/03/2012, though on that day the DD was not cancelled at our end.

Matt: As that was then cancelled at your bank's end, when we attempted to take the DD it returned unpaid, for which the 12 fee was applied.

JOSEPH GEOGHEGAN: I see Matt

JOSEPH GEOGHEGAN: Can I have the 12,00 creditted back please

Matt: I'm afraid given that there's no evidence of the 12 being applied as a result of our error, that fee would stand.

JOSEPH GEOGHEGAN: Matt,

JOSEPH GEOGHEGAN: I couldn't do much more than make the phone call to cancel it and then pay you by alternate means which I did.

JOSEPH GEOGHEGAN: This is MBNAs fault and not mine I'm afraid

Matt: I'm sorry, as I advised previously, I've found notes of the call you made, but it doesn't suggest that it was requested for the DD to be cancelled. It appears that you cancelled this by contacting your bank, not us. This is the reason for the default, as when you cancel with your bank, we are not informed and still attempt to take payment.

JOSEPH GEOGHEGAN: Ok Matt, I did inform you inMarch as you hae acknowledged

Matt: I've acknowledged that a call was made, however there's nothing to suggest we were informed that you wanted the DD to be cancelled.

JOSEPH GEOGHEGAN: Ok Matt,

JOSEPH GEOGHEGAN: Let me put it like this as a business man.

JOSEPH GEOGHEGAN: MBNA probably earned circa 1000.00 from my accounts this year

JOSEPH GEOGHEGAN: On principle alone I will have to close this account if you do not refund as I completely informed you and made the required payments in full.

JOSEPH GEOGHEGAN: so 12.00 or 1000.00 ?

Matt: I'm sorry Joseph, I'm not able to simply complete a refund based on you telling me that if I don't you'll close your account. I will have a further review of the account though and have another chat with my manager, bare with me one moment.

JOSEPH GEOGHEGAN: Thank you

JOSEPH GEOGHEGAN: It is not based on my closing the account it is based on me phoning you on the 13th to advise I was closing the DD and then paying you on time and in full !!!!

Matt: Okay, we will refund this charge on this occasion, given the situation.

Matt: You'll see that as a credit on your next statement. This will put you into credit. Will you be using this card again?

JOSEPH GEOGHEGAN: Thank you. That is a good business decision .

JOSEPH GEOGHEGAN: Yes i will continue to use the card and i would like to set up a new DD for minimum payments

Matt: To stress, that's not based on a business decision, it's given the uncertainty of that call that was made. I must advise you that any future charges applied to your account correctly according to our systems would stand. To set up a new DD, either do this online or by calling us, sadly I cannot process one for you through chat.

JOSEPH GEOGHEGAN: Ok Matt thank you.

JOSEPH GEOGHEGAN: Have a good day ; )

Matt: Glad I could be of assistance today. I would really appreciate your feedback on my service via a short exit survey, which will take about 20 seconds.

Matt: You will need to click on the ‘End Chat’ button on the top right corner of the chat box (not the ‘X’) and the survey will present itself to you. Thanks again.

Matt: You too, thanks.

JOSEPH GEOGHEGAN: bye

Dealing with banks " more of a pain than neurosurgery " !!!

Last edited by gotojoe : 04-18-2012 at 06:07 AM.
Old 04-18-2012, 08:02 AM   #25
MVista
Cyber SPOTTER

Wow Joe you spent 100 worth of effort to get 12 back
I did tell you early in piece you'd get your money back - well done, it is the always worth the angst to get the result.
Old 04-18-2012, 10:51 AM   #26
gotojoe

MV in the Registry:
[F4 1000 R]

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVista View Post
Wow Joe you spent 100 worth of effort to get 12 back
I did tell you early in piece you'd get your money back - well done, it is the always worth the angst to get the result.

It was no effort I'm off sick..anyroad I get real principled when banks start takingthe P !

Did u see how he acknowledged i had made the call about the DD and then tried to blame me for not cancelling it ! WTF !! I didn't call to ask them about the blinkin weather.

As a business man I would suggest they are somewhat unprofessional.

period ; )

joe
Old 04-18-2012, 11:33 AM   #27
AlexS

MV in the Registry:
[F4 MY2010+]

Damn it Joe, in the back of my mind I knew that somehow it was your fault.
Glad you are out of the hospital and back to terrorizing innocent folks
AlexS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 12:25 PM   #28
JDS
King of Bling

Send a message via MSN to JDS

Joe

Glad to read your back operation went well and your out and about..

I know how these things can be risky..

Get well soon.

John

EMAIL : john@jandrdasilva.co.uk

Warning : Strong Sex References, Hard Drug Use and Strong Language
JDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 02:23 PM   #29
gotojoe

MV in the Registry:
[F4 1000 R]

Thank you John. You are very kind : )

Alex I am like you..I don't turn other people or companies over and I'm a complete terrier if someone tries to do it on me..

Specially banks who can dip into your balances at will.

I hope you do ok with the Staties

joe
Old 04-18-2012, 08:35 PM   #30
MVista
Cyber SPOTTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotojoe View Post
It was no effort I'm off sick..anyroad I get real principled when banks start takingthe P !

Did u see how he acknowledged i had made the call about the DD and then tried to blame me for not cancelling it ! WTF !! I didn't call to ask them about the blinkin weather.

As a business man I would suggest they are somewhat unprofessional.

period ; )

joe
I didn't mean work vs reward comment facetiously - I did mean that they bloody will make you work for it though & I agree, hell I would fight to bitter end over 5 cents on principle - bet you wouldn't have guessed that.

I am sorry missed the news that you have had back surgery, it goes without saying that I wish all the very best in your recovery. You may need to stay off the Laverda - I know, I know you are going to tell me that the vibrations are greatly exaggerated by those whom don't know better But you kind of like them & certainly no one appreciates that more than I