Register FAQ Members List

Old 04-16-2012, 04:41 AM   #41
matteblack

MV in the Registry:
[F3]

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenaugo View Post
"weaker minded Stoner"
You're starting to sound like Michael Scott the journo! He was the only one to say that.

Doohan was in Casey's pit box at Qatar, not Rossi & Burgess. Whilst Casey didn't win it, I will listen to Bayliss or Doohan before a journo. And they have both given Casey his kudos for riding that Desmo.

Casey would prefer to look after himself as he knows his life after MotoGP - fishing - like the rest of us! Or some of us?

Old 04-16-2012, 04:51 AM   #42
matteblack

MV in the Registry:
[F3]

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyG View Post
Actually, Stoner won the title in his first year on the Ducati (2007) winning by a massive margin of 125 points over Pedrosa and Rossi third. I agree the bike is not an easy bike to ride, but what I am saying is the ones that are able to get anything out of it have had to adapt to it. Rossi will not change his style or adapt to a difficult bike, he demands the bike adapt to him which is proving difficult to do with the Ducati.. I love Rossi and he will always be the best GP rider of all time, or certainly within my lifetime, but his problems now may not be 100% the fault of the bike...that is the point I'm trying to make.
+1

Stoner adapted & won more races in his 5 years on a bike that barely progressed against Rossi on the "Dream" M1.

Whilst there have been some great battles between Stoner/Rossi, Rossi/Lorenzo, it does seem as though Rossi will take longer to tame this beast. And the severely unfortunate incident with his good friend Marco could possibly mean, deep down, there may never be a true return to pinnacle form
Old 04-16-2012, 03:29 PM   #43
matteblack

MV in the Registry:
[F3]

I don't think Casey is weak minded, but he was dealt some blows at Ducati, one by Marlboro wanting Lorenzo, after Casey won them their first world title. Unfortunately he didn't win any more for them.

If he was weak minded he would have taken more influence from his sponsor/bosses and not just done what he wanted to, no?

Michael Scott is a MotoGP reporter who implied the same in the Movie "Fastest" a MotoGP doco.

It's all opinions. I am a Casey fan, and I do think Vale's ego may have outgrown him. As Casey has said, to Rossi "maybe your ambition outweighed your talent". I do also like Hayden & it would be good to see him win some over Valentino.

Most of all I'm just looking forward to a good year, Colin Edwards will find SOMETHING & battle around 8th spot, then look forward to the contract negotiations between all the riders.

And also look forward to report's of MV testing their bikes with Alstare for a return to racing in 2013???????
Old 04-19-2012, 04:33 AM   #44
Donsy
Senior Member and Moderator.

MV in the Registry:
[F4 1000 R]

Send a message via Skype™ to Donsy
Smile aaah, the good times

http://www.break.com/index/the-great...l-time-2319171

Mobile - 0438385776 in Australia
eMail me - donsy@teamdouble3racing.com or teamdouble3@bigpond.com [PayPal]
Web - http://www.teamdouble3racing.com/aboutus.php
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Team-...53264738050813
Donsy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 01:59 PM   #45
BG Wells

FANTASTIC!!..FANTASTIC!!..FAAANTASTIC!!!!!!...YEAH , that's why!
Brian.
BG Wells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 02:53 PM   #46
honest phil

MV in the Registry:
[F3]

I have great respect for Valentino Rossi, as I have for anyone who races motorcycles. So perhaps he could leave Ducati this year. Then retire, then go to race cars, then come back at the Isle of man after lets say a number of years and win on a Ducati. now thats a plan, Or did I dream it?
Casey Stoner complained that Ducati werent getting him the parts in 2010 the bike may have been a dog then but that didnt stop him pushing it very very hard.
Old 04-22-2012, 02:15 PM   #47
honest phil

MV in the Registry:
[F3]

I have just heard that Ferrari have taken Rossi from Audi for 20,000,000 euros and a doorway stand at motor shows for Audi. Also Audi have told Ducati that they must start to produce a moped again and stop wasting money on Moto GP So perhaps we will see Rossi in a car for 2014. As anyone else heard this ?
Old 04-24-2012, 01:54 AM   #48
Greny

Great Race there

But this one stays my favorite , that last lap , pffff............

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoZZ9I8DhLw
Greny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 02:46 PM   #49
honest phil

MV in the Registry:
[F3]

Cal Crutchlow did well today fourth on a none factory bike and he was chewing Pedrossas back tyre all the way.
Old 04-29-2012, 03:46 PM   #50
R1andrew

MV in the Registry:
[F4 1000 R]

Was Rossi even in the race or is Ducati that screwed up? Nicki Started out very good then fell back. It is so bad they went to commercial before Rossi even crossed the finish line.
R1andrew is offline   Reply With Quote