# F3 gets another MCN bashing - Page 14 - MVAgusta.net
log in
|
|


Forum
Go Back   MVAgusta.net > Models > F3
Register FAQ Members List
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2012, 05:40 PM   #131
Middo
Member


 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sydney
Posts: 47
Default

I must say to wake up this morning looking forward to viewing the F3 threads to see whats new overnight, only to see us going around in circles again leaves me a little frustrated to say the least.

No disrespect to anyone as we are all individuals, many are long term MV owners and bike enthusiasts, and to see a glitch on EARLY reports of the F3 is frustrating. It certainly doesn't make me happy reading the MCN reviews ... happy to have read most others though.

From my perspective though, the major issues are living up to expectations right???
-F3 is just motorcycle art
-F3 sound as it fires up and accelerates is apparently intoxicating and raw.
- F3 engine and ability to rev is awesome
- F3 chassis, agility and stability is again said to be awesome ....

Negative appears fueling below 4k rev ain't great ... ok this is not a positive ... but even if it couldn't get fixed (which it will be and easy to do from what I am told), I would still buy it ... I don't often ride bikes below 4k rev's but ride bikes to enjoy the sheer pleasure of the roar and power of the engine as you ripe through 7-10+k rev's and the looks ....

For me personally the 95% of positives this bike has far out way some fueling issues below 4k .... hopefully I am not in the minority with my views ...
Middo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-04-2012, 05:52 PM   #132
MVista
Cyber SPOTTER


 
MVista's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Australia, NSW
Posts: 5,663
Thumbs down Misery Loves Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by adecritten View Post
I agree with you both and contrary to what some folk may think I'm not slagging MV or the bike, but what I do find intensely annoying is that the bike 'it seems' wasn't fully sorted before the journo's got their sticky mits on it.

In my opinion MV desperately needed a thumbs up right from the off on this bike and early impressions seem to indicate they have rather shot themselves in the foot which is very sad.

You only get 1 shot with first impressions and as we all know 'first impressions count'.

I'm sure however that MV will get it sorted pretty quickly!! In the meantime if anyone at MV Agusta is reading this thread I would be only too pleased to give the F3 a pounding on the TT course and post up my personal findings.


Based on those personal findings, no doubt the way the bike is viewed world wide will be changed forever - I am certain the world would hold its collective breath while we wait for your views. Move over Alan Cathcart, Ben Bostrom et al - Ade is about to speak.


Seriously, you say that you are not slagging MV or F3 and we accept that as fact?

People aren't idiots Ade, ever since you 'pulled your deposit' you have formed a view.

You then relentlessly have pursued every article and/or shred of 'evidence' such as your "unedited & unsolicited" message to support that view which you had formed. Can you quickly remind me how many laps you have done around the IOM of the new F3?

When people would not come down overwhelmingly on your side, you even went to whinge about it in completely unrelated text in the other marques section.

There are many new forum members & excited new owners, which you had no qualms about pissing on their parade, a nice welcome indeed.

YES, we get it, you pulled your deposit, you are not a test pilot, you are wiser than the rest of us, your evidence is irrefutable. The question that remains is who are you trying to convince? Those of us of couldn't give a tinker's cuss or yourself?

So tell me, have you placed your deposit on the F3RR yet? I bet you have, and I also bet as delivery gets near, you will read a review stating that the silver rim tape is an unacceptable clash with the gold wheels and you will pull your deposit & then proceed to relentlessly not slag MV or the new F3RR.

Good Friday is tomorrow a good day for a crucifixion, perhaps someone can lend you a F3.

If you think I have had enough of your vituperation of the F3 and have just articulated what a great people are thinking, then we've found a point of agreement.


Happy Easter - hopefully the F3 can arise on the third day!
__________________
MVA - Maserati Vespa Agusta
MVista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 05:54 PM   #133
greggo
Senior Member

No MVs in the Registry

 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 77
Default

Agreed

Sent from a silly little so called Smart phone.
greggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 08:11 PM   #134
ChuckF3
New Member

No MVs in the Registry

 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1
Default

Hi everyone, just joined the forum. Pretty impressive, quite an active forum. 15 pages of posts to one thread in only a few days. I've always been an avid Ducati fan and have an order in for an 1199 Panigale, but also considered an F3. I wouldn't pay much attention to the negative reviews. One made negative comments regarding the F3's electronics (saying it was something like over the top and he preferred bikes that were simpler), however, that very same review gave high marks to the Panigale's very similar electronics. In short, the F3 looks like a great bike! I'm sure it will ride awesome as well.
ChuckF3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 09:57 PM   #135
Middo
Member


 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sydney
Posts: 47
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckF3 View Post
Hi everyone, just joined the forum. Pretty impressive, quite an active forum. 15 pages of posts to one thread in only a few days. I've always been an avid Ducati fan and have an order in for an 1199 Panigale, but also considered an F3. I wouldn't pay much attention to the negative reviews. One made negative comments regarding the F3's electronics (saying it was something like over the top and he preferred bikes that were simpler), however, that very same review gave high marks to the Panigale's very similar electronics. In short, the F3 looks like a great bike! I'm sure it will ride awesome as well.
Thanks Chuck.

I must say the Panigale really does look an impressive bike and one I would like to own some day... it will be the F3 for now which I an very excited about. Looking forward to seeing and hearing both bikes in the flesh.
Middo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 03:22 AM   #136
adecritten
Senior Member

No MVs in the Registry

 
adecritten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 5,486
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVista View Post
Based on those personal findings, no doubt the way the bike is viewed world wide will be changed forever - I am certain the world would hold its collective breath while we wait for your views. .


Seriously, you say that you are not slagging MV or F3 and we accept that as fact?

People aren't idiots Ade, ever since you 'pulled your deposit' you have formed a view.

You then relentlessly have pursued every article and/or shred of 'evidence' such as your "unedited & unsolicited" message to support that view which you had formed. Can you quickly remind me how many laps you have done around the IOM of the new F3?

When people would not come down overwhelmingly on your side, you even went to whinge about it in completely unrelated text in the other marques section.

There are many new forum members & excited new owners, which you had no qualms about pissing on their parade, a nice welcome indeed.

YES, we get it, you pulled your deposit, you are not a test pilot, you are wiser than the rest of us, your evidence is irrefutable. The question that remains is who are you trying to convince? Those of us of couldn't give a tinker's cuss or yourself?

So tell me, have you placed your deposit on the F3RR yet? I bet you have, and I also bet as delivery gets near, you will read a review stating that the silver rim tape is an unacceptable clash with the gold wheels and you will pull your deposit & then proceed to relentlessly not slag MV or the new F3RR.

Good Friday is tomorrow a good day for a crucifixion, perhaps someone can lend you a F3.

If you think I have had enough of your vituperation of the F3 and have just articulated what a great people are thinking, then we've found a point of agreement.


Happy Easter - hopefully the F3 can arise on the third day!

Clearly you now feel the need to twist this into something personal with me Rob??

I think the difference between us is that I see this thread as a discussion about a motorbike and not as a personality contest, you may even have to get used to the idea that (metaphorically speaking) even MV Agusta shit can and does stink from time to time.


adecritten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 03:28 AM   #137
gotojoe
Senior Member

MV in the Registry:
[F4 1000 R]

 
gotojoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Warwickshire UK
Posts: 7,402
Default

"vituperation"

No matter what that is a " bostin " word Rob : ) I love this forum : )

joe
gotojoe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 03:34 AM   #138
Velocemoto
Senior Member

No MVs in the Registry

 
Velocemoto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 3,007
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Middo View Post
For me personally the 95% of positives this bike has far out way some fueling issues below 4k .... hopefully I am not in the minority with my views ...
No, not in the minority...otherwise none of us would have owned or do have MV's.
__________________
VELOCEMOTO HD The Art of Italian Sportbikes on film. http://www.youtube.com/user/VelocemotoHD?blend=9&ob=5
Velocemoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 02:07 PM   #139
mikef4uk
Senior Member

MV in the Registry:
[F4 1000 R]

 
mikef4uk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Chester UK
Posts: 5,193
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Middo View Post
I must say to wake up this morning looking forward to viewing the F3 threads to see whats new overnight, only to see us going around in circles again leaves me a little frustrated to say the least.

No disrespect to anyone as we are all individuals, many are long term MV owners and bike enthusiasts, and to see a glitch on EARLY reports of the F3 is frustrating. It certainly doesn't make me happy reading the MCN reviews ... happy to have read most others though.

From my perspective though, the major issues are living up to expectations right???
-F3 is just motorcycle art
-F3 sound as it fires up and accelerates is apparently intoxicating and raw.
- F3 engine and ability to rev is awesome
- F3 chassis, agility and stability is again said to be awesome ....

Negative appears fueling below 4k rev ain't great ... ok this is not a positive ... but even if it couldn't get fixed (which it will be and easy to do from what I am told), I would still buy it ... I don't often ride bikes below 4k rev's but ride bikes to enjoy the sheer pleasure of the roar and power of the engine as you ripe through 7-10+k rev's and the looks ....

For me personally the 95% of positives this bike has far out way some fueling issues below 4k .... hopefully I am not in the minority with my views ...
If any magazine had told me the early 2000 (I had about the fifth in the country, AND a deposit on one for over 2 years) had a fuelling problem I would have definately.
















































































Totally ignored it and sorted it myself, I remember it oh so well, I just HAD TO HAVE THAT F4
__________________
(This reply has not been checked for punctuation, grammar, or spelling mistakes and is devoid of any big long cleverwords or condescending manner)


MV's all gone now, still have a soft spot for MV's, waiting for MV to tick all my boxes again.
Previously (and about 40 others)748SP, S4, S4R, 98R1, 2000 F4, F41000S, F41000R, 08R1, 09R1, S1000RR, RSV4 Factory aPRC in Garage now

Last edited by mikef4uk : 04-05-2012 at 02:10 PM.
mikef4uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 10:21 PM   #140
Velocemoto
Senior Member

No MVs in the Registry

 
Velocemoto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 3,007
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVista View Post
Based on those personal findings, no doubt the way the bike is viewed world wide will be changed forever - I am certain the world would hold its collective breath while we wait for your views. Move over Alan Cathcart, Ben Bostrom et al - Ade is about to speak.


Seriously, you say that you are not slagging MV or F3 and we accept that as fact?

People aren't idiots Ade, ever since you 'pulled your deposit' you have formed a view.

You then relentlessly have pursued every article and/or shred of 'evidence' such as your "unedited & unsolicited" message to support that view which you had formed. Can you quickly remind me how many laps you have done around the IOM of the new F3?

When people would not come down overwhelmingly on your side, you even went to whinge about it in completely unrelated text in the other marques section.

There are many new forum members & excited new owners, which you had no qualms about pissing on their parade, a nice welcome indeed.

YES, we get it, you pulled your deposit, you are not a test pilot, you are wiser than the rest of us, your evidence is irrefutable. The question that remains is who are you trying to convince? Those of us of couldn't give a tinker's cuss or yourself?

So tell me, have you placed your deposit on the F3RR yet? I bet you have, and I also bet as delivery gets near, you will read a review stating that the silver rim tape is an unacceptable clash with the gold wheels and you will pull your deposit & then proceed to relentlessly not slag MV or the new F3RR.

Good Friday is tomorrow a good day for a crucifixion, perhaps someone can lend you a F3.

If you think I have had enough of your vituperation of the F3 and have just articulated what a great people are thinking, then we've found a point of agreement.


Happy Easter - hopefully the F3 can arise on the third day!
Oh dear.
Why did you have to turn to more cutting personal attacks of another forum member ? Ade isn't the problem here, he's just giving his viewpoint and you don't like it, so you attack him? I think this post was uncalled for.

..the pattern continues.
__________________
VELOCEMOTO HD The Art of Italian Sportbikes on film. http://www.youtube.com/user/VelocemotoHD?blend=9&ob=5
Velocemoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


Powered by vBulletin. Copyright 2000-2010 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.