Forum
Go Back   MVAgusta.net > Models > F3
Register FAQ Members List

Old 03-28-2012, 02:25 PM   #1
perfect

MV in the Registry:
[F3]

Unhappy F3 gets another MCN bashing

Yet again this weeks MCN slates the F3 for poor fueling and puts it last place against its rivals, I'm getting quite concerned now.

Yes don't worry I will go and ride my bike first and make my own mind up before I hand over anymore money, if it ever turns up anyway!

Hmmmm getting a bit tired of being made to feel this way about the bike I have saccrificed so much for.

Yes it looks amazing, no denying that, but come on MV for F**ks sake. get it sorted.

Swear i would buy a panigale if i had the extra money.

Some inspiring quotes from the article

"flawed masterpiece F3 is trounced on the road"

"suffers from criplingly poor fuel injection"

"before I had left the car park i realised MV have released the bike before perfecting the fuel injection"

Why can't they get this right?

Sod it I'm looking elsewhere, my dealer can't even give me a update and call me back about my bike, if it even exists, and all this to take delivery of a bike that will apparantly be crap to ride when I finally get it.

what the chances of them fixing these issues?

The worst part is I hate ranting on here, it's not like me, I'm normally a happy easy going guy, this bads press, delays and lack of info
from importer and dealer has really dissapointed me
Advertisement

Old 03-28-2012, 02:46 PM   #2
SteveB_Ire
Established Member

in my humble opinion my F3 makes me smile.... I'm no amazing rider but it holds the road once up to temp....the fueling is rubbish in the low revs and at low speed before the engine is up to temp but once you are out on the road it is a pleasure. The crap "in town" ride is made up for by the envious and lusty glances of an admiring public...the ladies love the leather and MV style....take a test ride and make your own mind up but for me I'm glad to have this little pony in the stable.
Old 03-28-2012, 02:46 PM   #3
devilboy

MV in the Registry:
[F4 1000]

its depressing isnt it!! im absolutely gutted tbh. i didnt think it would be that bad!

if the other mags are as damning in their appraisel then it could be the end for mv agusta.

why oh why did they do all this bragging and then release something so bad!!

looks dont make up for substance. i fell for that with the f4, never again!
devilboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 02:58 PM   #4
Matty

MV in the Registry:
[F4S 750]

Send a message via AIM to Matty

so just because mcn says its true it must be set in stone?
Old 03-28-2012, 03:29 PM   #5
mtnman

No MVs in the Registry

They are no doubt biased towards the Daytona R and trying to give it a leg over the F3 before its even released. I would wait for more journalists to evaluate it in reasonable conditions (Ricard temps were near freezing for Pete's sake), and then make an informed decision. I am not doubting MV or my deposit on my F3.
They will get here when they get here! Be evaluated by more neutral journalist with more honest approaches and expectations. Step back and be patient and have faith that you have made the right decision.
Old 03-28-2012, 03:40 PM   #6
andrew fotheringham

MV in the Registry:
[F4S 750]

Typical mcn if THEY say its crap then thats the law, bollocks in my opinion they don't like it because MV are kissing their arse throwing bike after bike at them just like the japs do.The proof will be when you all get to ride them then give a true opinion of what they are like.
andrew fotheringham is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 03:50 PM   #7
Vegedurden

No MVs in the Registry

Hi everyone,

First post after a year of lurking.

Two things that we need to keep in mind here:
- MCN might be biased (UK mag leaning towards Triumph, not impossible), let's wait to see what others will say.
- Isn't the fueling mostly a software problem, i.e. fixable with a software update later ?

Anyways, I hope I'll be able to test ride one before I make up my mind, but given how few there are in Belgium, it kinda seems unlikely.

Cheers !
Vegedurden
Vegedurden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 03:51 PM   #8
honest phil

MV in the Registry:
[F3]

Lets see how it pans out, I want an F3 not a Daytona or anything from Japan. You can find fault with most things if you try hard enough. I had a T140 and the only thing that didnt leak oil was the saddle. I had a VF750 which ate its own engine. mtnmans right be patient
honest phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 03:57 PM   #9
SportBikeMike

MV in the Registry:
[F4 1000 R]

I'm waiting to see what the magazines over here, like Cycle World and Motorcyclist, have to say about it. They're generally not biased either way as far as British vs. Italian. But at the end of the day, I'd still rather have the MV over the Triumph or Jap bikes regardless of what the mags say. Its just "cooler". I have a '07 1000R, so I obviously don't care about "fueling".
Old 03-28-2012, 04:29 PM   #10
perfect

MV in the Registry:
[F3]

as long as they can fix it I will hang in there but I can't help feeling dissapointed by everything I have read, and it's not just MCN, others if not everyone else has commented on an a fueling / mapping issue.

I foolishly expected more, sadly believed all the hype and now i'm left dissapointed, expecting the worst and wondering if my 10K would be best spent elsewhere, if they say it's crap in traffic and at low speed then it will be worse not better for me as they are much more experianced riders.

I cruise round with my bother on a learner legal bike and my 65 year old dad on a 1960 C15. most of my time is spent at 50 MPH at the most.

I do have blasts out with friends with sports bikes but prefer the sunday morning cruises with my dad and brother, i hoped the F3 would cope with this. Apperently not. I guess I'm buying the wrong bike aren't I, i fell in love with a beautiful bike and that's it.

MCN aren't they law, yes it's only their opinion but who is willing to bet they are wrong??? if they want to remain credible then why would they make it up, what reason have they to want the F3 to fail.

Chances are the only thing spot on about this bike is the bad reports!!!