Forum
Go Back   MVAgusta.net > Speed > Racing
Register FAQ Members List

Old 05-24-2009, 10:07 AM   #1
mikef4uk

MV in the Registry:
[F4 1000 R]

Default STP MV at Donnington BSB?

Victor Cox seems to be riding a Honda according to the time sheets, whats happening

MV's all gone now, still have a soft spot for MV's, waiting for MV to tick all my boxes again.
Previously (and about 40 others)748SP, S4, S4R, 98R1, 2000 F4, F41000S, F41000R, 08R1, 09R1, S1000RR, RSV4 Factory aPRC in Garage now
mikef4uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-24-2009, 10:38 AM   #2
deltasrus100

will tell ya tomorrow as im going so will prob have acatch up with john and the boys and maybe able to find out more ?
deltasrus100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 07:59 AM   #3
MV-Woodster

MV in the Registry:
[F4 1000]

BSB !!!! NO MVs AGAIN !! Are we seeing the end of the non starting STP RACING Team
V Cox on board a HONDA !!!!
Old 05-25-2009, 02:58 PM   #4
devilboy

MV in the Registry:
[F4 1000]

yes vic was on an honda and will be again at thruxton next week. this is because parts from mv arrived late and they dont fit!!! stp are having these parts now built special and should be racing the mv at snetterton, vic rode quite well on what was an ex maxime berger superstock bike from last year. stp more or less had to field their rider on sommat or could have been stuck with a fine. admittedly it does look bad and they themselves arent too pleased at how things have turned out but the honda is only temporary
devilboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 03:49 PM   #5
mikef4uk

MV in the Registry:
[F4 1000 R]

I'll bet Vic is made up, at least he has finished a race..................................

MV's all gone now, still have a soft spot for MV's, waiting for MV to tick all my boxes again.
Previously (and about 40 others)748SP, S4, S4R, 98R1, 2000 F4, F41000S, F41000R, 08R1, 09R1, S1000RR, RSV4 Factory aPRC in Garage now
Old 05-25-2009, 04:40 PM   #6
carbonf4

No MVs in the Registry

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilboy View Post
this is because parts from mv arrived late and they dont fit!!!
Sounds like they must have ordered from eMoto??

2000 MV F4S
1992 Ducati 888 SP4
carbonf4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 04:01 AM   #7
adecritten

No MVs in the Registry

Quote:
Originally Posted by MV-Woodster View Post
BSB !!!! NO MVs AGAIN !! Are we seeing the end of the non starting STP RACING Team
V Cox on board a HONDA !!!!
I truly wish Jon and the lads all the very best at STP, but feel that the DNF's and Non Starts etc are less than inspirational with regard attracting financial support to forward the team.

Possibly its just a case of:-

"Vapulus a mortuus equus"

On a positive note word has it from a good pal of mine that Chris Burns has secured a new mount too!!

Last edited by adecritten : 05-26-2009 at 04:12 AM.
adecritten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 04:46 AM   #8
mikef4uk

MV in the Registry:
[F4 1000 R]

I really can't get my head around what goes wrong when MV go racing, apparantly at the Oulton round the 'developed' race engine blew up and the team was forced to run a std engine, it's like an on going disaster story every time the bike gats out,

I just wish they would forget about racing altogether, the F4 is still a gorgeous, competent, fast road bike and performs as such on the road, (my mates F4 1000S is side by side with my 08 R1 on every roll on we do, the bikes take it in turns to pull about half a bike length on the other at different points in the rpm range)

When we go out for a ride we both go out and both come back without any drama, yet the moment they decide to race the bike it turns into an unreliable piece of cr**.

The no show, or blow up, or 'bits didn't fit' excuse does absolutely nothing to project the bike at all to the general public.

I remember years ago when Porsche released the 996, one team decided to race the car in the Porsche series, Porsche actually asked them not to but the team knew better...........................
The car was not a succes on the track at all, it broke engines, cracked gearbox cases and was not a good advert for Porsche at all (Porsche did bring out the 996GT3, this had it's engine and gearbox developed from the GT1 (engine) and 993GT2(gearbox) and shared NO common engine/Gbox parts with the 996

Last edited by mikef4uk : 05-26-2009 at 04:53 AM.
Old 05-26-2009, 12:50 PM   #9
devilboy

MV in the Registry:
[F4 1000]

why would you wish that they would forget about racing? have you not heard that racing improves the breed(or so the saying goes) you say that the f4 is still a fast competent and gorgeous road bike and still can cut it against your new r1 , not bad for an old bike is it? yet you sold your mv didnt you? so again whats it to you whether stp/jhs race mvs? ive noticed in a lot of your recent posts a decidedly negative attitude to anything mv.has ive stated before the mv race team are running on virtually no budget and any money is from the people within the team itself, i heard that team principle jon strike sunk over £310,000 into racing last year, now i dont know if thats true or not but it is a massive amount of money. yes i agree that it doesnt look good when these things are happening, but they are getting bugger all help from mv agusta (which imo is a disgrace) and no one seems interested in sponsoring them on here. just how many of you have joined the mv fan club? everyone is entitled to an opinion but constant snide comments dont help. just to clarify i personally have stumped up some money to help the race effort , its not alot but the team was extremely grateful, and ive gotta add that so far theyve shown me a great time both meetings ive attended and the hospitality is great plus any question are answered and a pit garage walkabout is informative, so i urge people to show some interest join the club buy the hats etc , you will get a lot more out of 1 bsb meeting than any bloody crap football game.
devilboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 01:41 PM   #10
deltasrus100

With devilboy on this one they are great guys and very welcoming they just need some support, all bikes have problems and the teams that are running the jap bikes have so many bikes/teams having these problems that they get sorted/noticed and parts developed quickly, when you have one bike doing the testing/racing these faults are only found by you then you have to get bits made and like they said they have to get the right price as money is tight so cant just buy there way out of a prob and jump the waiting list by paying more. imo not the way to go racing but at least there still sticking with the mv and not just giving up and using a rice rocket.
deltasrus100 is offline   Reply With Quote