MV Agusta Forum banner

Mupo Suspension Kit

13K views 17 replies 9 participants last post by  Donsy 
#1 ·
Happy Holidays to all. Hope you are having a great day. For Christmas this year my wife's gift to me was free reign to purchase whatever aftermarket parts I want for my F3. So the top of my list is aftermarket suspension as the front fork is very harsh and the rear shock seems to sprung way to high for my weight. I was leaning towards an Ohlins Nix 30 fork/TTX shock combo but I came across the Mupo kits and they are very attractive to say the least. They will customize the kits based on rider weight with gear, type of riding, and even the type and brand of tires you plan on using all at a cost mush less than the Ohlins stuff. The fact that they are made in Italy is also very nice.

So I guess my question is does anyone have any experience with Mupo products? If so how do you like them? Are they as high quality as they seem to be? Are they a good choice for a mixture of Canyon road riding and track days? Any information anyone has would be much appreciate.

#2 ·
Vapor I have a motorcycle collection of about 20 bikes and a race team . I also like testing/comparing new tech out on the market . Mysecond passion is unique performanc builds .

Mupo is in MotoGP WSBK and is the 2nd best suspension company on the market today . I have ther products on a number of my bikes and ironically im installing a Mupo AB1 rear shock on my MV F4 312.
It even matches in color being red whie and that mustard color used on the cases .
Mupo construction materials are the best you can get, 7000 series billet and ergal 46mm shaft all the latest tech.You wll notice the differance immeadiately especially going over bumps midcorner.
No one sells a better rear shock . FG GUBILINNI is the best overall because they make a rear shock equal in quality to the Mupo rear shock but FG GUBILINNI makes a better Front fork Cartridge .FG GUBILINNI makes a 0 (zero) load fork cartridge , tech that is used in WSBK and MotoGP and they are the only company that sells this tech to the public . Ohlins of course Makes 0 load fork cartridges for WSBK and MotoGP but only the top teams can get them ...After you install the mupo suspension youll give your wife a BIG kiss .VAPOR keep us posted on your upgrade results .

BTW smart move upgrading BOTH front and rear suspension . Many people upgrade there rear suspension but in reality the Front suspension is a bigger factor in a bikes handing.

#3 ·
I recognize that my old bike with Ohlins full fitted is better on small bumps in the corners, but I was impressed by the stock suspensions of my F3, they are so soft and progressive, the stock setting is well for my body and level; the only concern is the lack of steering damper, it would be dangerous is some conditions...
Cheers

#4 ·
Well I went ahead and ordered the full Mupo suspension kit which comes with the AB1 EVO shock and the R-EVO fork cartriges. I also ordered a Mupo AM1 steering damper kit. The suspension kit is built to order so considering Italy is on holiday until January 7th and it takes 2-4 weeks to build, another week to ship, a week in customs, and finally a couple of days to ship to me and I should have it by the end of February at the latest. Also, the Marzocchi RAC 43 fork set I was looking at earlier will fit the F3 with only a little bit of work so I will be trying that out with the Mupo shock before I slip the Mupo cartridge's in. Looks like I will have plenty to do to keep me occupied while I await the return of riding season.

On another note, I was also told that Bitubo has a rear shock just about ready for the F3 with Fork cartridge kits ready near summer time. So it looks like we should have at least three suspension options for the F3.

#5 ·
That's good because Ohlins won't have anything for the F3 forks in the near future. I spoke to Ohlins USA a couple of months ago inquiring about fork cartidges for the F3, figuring if the Oro comes standard with Ohlins kit, we should be able to buy the components. Not so, I was told, as the Oro model was a deal between MV and Ohlins corporate, not for the Aftermarket. Ohlins USA has no plans currently to sell forks or cartidge inserts for the F3.

#8 ·
FG Gubellini now makes 2-Fork Cartridge Kits, 2-Steering Dampers, and 1-Rear Shock for the F3. I must say they look like top quality kit. About the only thing I can see that is poor is the color choice of blue. I do believe that other colors are an option however. I am going to inquire tomorrow about securing a complete set for my second F3 that seems like is never going to arrive.

http://www.fgspecialparts.it/en/news.asp?ID=54

#12 ·
Hey Greg.
I got my Mupo gear through Design Corse, the fork kit's are great, works great etc.
The shock, and it will be different for your F3, is probably a bit soso as it get's mounted upside down like the Ohlins TTX and hard to adjust pre-load, I'm working on that though.

#14 ·
Thanks for the heads up, particularly on the rear shock.

I was hoping nitron might do one, but they've no listing for the 675 at the moment. Still I will email and see.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
The rear shock on the F3 is different to our old bikes, so I'm not sure if they do anything for the F3 yet Greg, you might also want to try Maxton, they supplied shock's for one of the guys who raced at the TT recently on a F3, so they have good experience there already.

Attachments

#15 ·
Mate you are a virtual fountain of knowledge.

Thanks!

I did find a link to a face book announcement nitron has a F3 shock available in the 46mm piston/cartridge. Currently waiting for a response. I'll let you know.

Plan to have suspension done for next year. Now that the house and man cave are purchased. Just need to move on an NSR engine and some bits n bobs!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

#16 ·
Well, I ordered the Mupo kit but never got it and lets just say the US importer is a bit lacking. I could have purchased from Design Corse but getting service in the US was going to be impossible. I really like the FG Gubellini stuff as well but again service would be nil. So I will now have both my F3's in the shop this winter getting the suspension done. One will be getting Bitubo ECH29 cartridges and a Bitubo XXF31 shock. The other will be getting Andreani fork Cartridges and an Andreani tuned TTX36 shock. The Bitubo stuff will be installed by a local performance shop and the Andreani kit will be done at Fast Bikes Industries. Both these options are the best available in my opinion and I would look to see if you can get service and support in your area for these products. I am really looking forward to the Andreani stuff as I hear its quite excellent. I have used Bitubo before and they make an excellent product as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.