MV Agusta Forum banner

Nice job Eduardo!!!

3K views 26 replies 17 participants last post by  Maximum Velocity 
#1 ·
#4 ·
That looks like a million bucks. I really like the paint design. Simple, but looks fast and Italian, and the white wheels look great with it all.

On the downside, I bet they're a bitch to keep looking good.

#5 ·
Quite nice.

#17 ·
:naughty::naughty::naughty:Ur right, Dr Duc, it´s for sale but at that price I´m not expecting any buyers...I´m praying they don´t show up, anyway, cause I spent 6 months thinking how to get to that final paint job, and now that it´s done (took 3 months to have it finally done) it would brake my heart to see it going. So....it´s probably staying with its daddy for the years to come.
about the mirrors...I found the solution for their colour - I took them off :naughty:

#19 ·
Hi Donsy
Saw your races in July 2010 - awsome!! Loved to see u ahead of all the japs! Hope u still have a go on racing with the MV.
Thanks for ur feedback on the bike. I´d like to ask u if u think I could take down the temperatures on my engine by using the SamcoSport Silicone hoses - they advertise it can cool down up to 5ºC, and as I leave in the south of Portugal, my MV is constantly reaching 100º and more in the summer - do you know anything about those hoses?
Thanks
Ed

#20 ·
Hi Ed

Not sure about those hoses mate, or what bike they used to test them on to get to that result, but they made no difference on my bike, or the guys around me in pitlane, they look nice and are probably more reliable.
As you know the F4's run very hot, the best fix is to get the Ignition and Fueling sorted, then install Design Corse waterpump, make sure you use good coolant and no air-pockets in the system.
A cheap and quick aid is to add a manual fan switch, so you can turn the fan's on a bit sooner.

#21 ·
It is a nice job Ed! Dont sell it, ride it!!

#22 ·
Max,
if you see the MV´s in olx for sale, you realize that mine is the worst deal ehehe - there´s one almost new, a year younger, less than half the km´s, for 9.200€! why do I even bother put mine there? you may wonder...because I´m short of money, being hard for me to keep it.
But the heart is stronger than the mind - therefore, I´selling it...but I´m not selling it...got it?
By the way, this is the bike that´s been giving me more problems than any other I had in my life! - 2 major opened engine repairs, radiator problems, and over heating all the time - can´t go through a city without having my eyes stuck on the temperature gauge! But somehow, I´m still totally in love with it, and more and more every day - I´m always giving her a 2nd chance.
:heart::heart::heart:

#23 ·
The over heating is mainly because I leave in Portugal, where in the Summer temperature average 30º-35C for months in a row.
And thanks everyone for your support!!! Made me realize even more the jewel I have in my hands.

Special thanks to the Red Baron (I like that nick name!) :wave:
Keep riding

#25 ·
Max, First of all congrats for your new baby. It´s a pearl!
As I have the full RG3 titanium exhaust system and an ECU, I can tell you by my experience that the ECU gives you a big (better) difference in the throttle response - much smoother - which tends to be too harsh in the MV´s. Concerning the pipes, I tried mine with the original mid pipes together with the RG3 mufflers, and it worked really well, more compression in the lower revs, but still reaching 318kms/h in a blink of an eye, same as with the full Ti mounted without catalyser (yeah, our portuguese highways, in the areas you know, allows us those speeds with no problem at all). With Arrow stock ones the full speed is a bit lower, but gives you a better womp in the first gears, but the sound is too quiet for me (loud pipes save lives, remember?), even considering that after 260-280 km/h we can hardly hear anything, even with the loud pipes, isn´t it?
Just for you to think about this info, to help you decide what to get for ur babe. But the ECU makes a much better throttle response.
Ed

#27 ·
Thx Ed. I am already looking for some RG3's and intend to remove the cat. After that I first want to see how it runs on the dyno and what mods needs to be made. But for sure it will need some more sound, as my previous MV already the RG3 :f4:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.