MV Agusta Forum banner

MVArt's Roadtrip of a Lifetime

9K views 29 replies 20 participants last post by  Maximum Velocity 
#1 · (Edited)
I was fortunate to take an Italian road trip...

#4 ·
Great Photos Derrick...I was in Rome with my wife a couple of years ago..as you say a beautiful city..great history..Brings back memories for me. I never got to any bike factories /museums though...just the 'sights'., which were awesome.
Keep em coming.
Brian.

#10 ·
Derrick, this is awesome! Thanks for posting all the pics! Looking forward to your story about Davide and MotoCorse as I have also been there and seen what a great place it is!

This post has been deleted
#18 ·
Now for why all of us are here - MV Agusta. :f4: :brutale:

The drive to the MV Factory is nice once you get outside of the greater Milan area and when you arrive, you are taken back by how beautiful the area is. If you were not aware and per what Marco - my host told me, the MV factory used to be where the Alenia Aermacchi factory made Seaplanes. You will notice one of the original hangers in the pictures.

Speaking of pictures, Marco would not let me take pictures within the factory. But I was able to squeeze a few in outside of the factory and hope you enjoy them.

It was an honor and privilege to walk around and see where my MV was built. At the time I was there, the line was building Brutale B3's and I was informed that each day, they build different bikes. Example, the following day they were going to build Brutale B4's, followed by F4's the next day.

I was shown how our engines are machined, built, run through the test bench, etc. It was way cool to experience all of this.

Oh... yes, I did see "this and that" and was able to put together what will be on display at EICMA this year and I am certain everyone here will not be disappointed.

And... look closely in the last picture for there is something quite unique which you will not see everyday. :stickpoke
I guess I didn't catch the surprise in the last pic?

Anyways Italy what an amazing country I was there for 3 months and I still talk about it! How fortunate for you to visit all those places. And the food the best part for me besides all the beautiful people and their kindness! So many family restaurants opened up for our group while we traveled although we ate left overs or whatever grandmother felt like cooking it was unbelievable. And if you never took the trains friends are just a glass of veno away.

#16 ·
Action Man

Hey Derrick, awesome & amazing trip to say the very least!!! You got done in one trip what it took me 5 trips to do. :laughing:

You seem to be having an absolute ball (as you should be ;) ) - Keep the pics and thread coming, I am loving it and finding it very nostalgic. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.