MV Agusta Forum banner

910S how to adjust rear rebound damping

2K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  BG Wells 
#1 ·
Hi
I've bought 2006 910S and found the suspension a little strange so decided to reset to Standard. All good till I got to the rear Rebound damping/Braking in extension adjustment. The photo in the manual shows a 'hidden' view behind/above the collector? I can't figure out how to get to the adjusment screw without removing anything. Any tips appreciated

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
theknurl
yeah, the thing in the way as in the pic is that 'tank'-like thing referred to as "exhaust compensator" in the workshop manual. I don't have an angled screwdriver and can't see that I'd be able to get it in

thnx

#7 ·
?

claudiop;
1st thing i did was get rid of the Cat (exhaust compensator).....
i didn't play with the shock yet:naughty: because i'm installing one with a lighter spring and hydraulic preload adjuster.....

i have the Ohlins wrenches for the lock rings.....but i'm not a masochist..... way easier to use the one with the preload adjuster:drummer:

#8 ·
Claudiop, as an Australian owner of a 06 910s I found the stock Sachs shock utterly abysmal, especially on our rough roads here in oz! In particular the rebound ability.. A shock rebuild which included a new spring and revalve helped the issue, but it was still not as good as I liked. If you can afford it buy a new shock ie; ohlins, nitron, maxton, hyper pro etc

#9 · (Edited)
hey guys, sincere thanks for ur tips. This morning my son and I had another go with a thin flat screwdriver but for the life of us we struck out. I had the major 12,000km service and a dyno last week. I told the bike shop at the time to reset all of my suspension to factory spec; instead they did a good service/dyno and before tweaking the suspension I was told to ride the bike for a couple of weeks and then come back and they'll fine-tune anything I've got concerns with. Meh, I got pre-emptive and did the suspension reset myself, except for the rebound damping. I've done c.300km since the service and the bike is running much better. I've got a couple of minor issues along with the rebound dampening and I'll get the bike shop to look at it.

On the other hand, the suggestion of upgrading to Ohlins etc is good, but I'll have to save up a bit for that

many thanks again, cheers Claudio

#12 ·

Attachments

#10 ·
Keep an eye out for 2nd hand shocks on eBay, here on the forum etc to nab a good deal.. Even after my shock rebuild I still had to have the rebound dampening on its lowest/slowest(wound anti-clockwise all the way) setting to get a somewhat comfortable ride out of it! It was the only way I could stop it from kicking my arse out of the seat a mid to large bumps..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.