MV Agusta Forum banner

MOTs in Europe: which country still don't have one

2K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  martosh79 
#1 ·
Hi,

I was wondering what countries in Europe still do not have compulsory MOT to be done for motorbikes. I know that France does not have one yet (although a plan is being discussed) and also know that Germany has one that you should take every two years.

Would you know what is going on in other European countries?

Thanks for your help.

Frenchie.

#3 ·
In Germany we have 0,3% CO to be passed at our 2 years control for bikes with oxygen sensors.

Just get off your air filter and run a little lean for the test :smoking:.

#4 ·
in Australia we dont you get a road worthy when you buy it and that it till you sell it

#11 ·
Dangerously wading back into the "personal freedom" differences between our cultures, Bubbavillians have never heard of MOT, can't spell MOT, don't know what MOT stands for.......and don't have to pay for MOT.

In my county, we do have to register our vehicles annually, typically paying some sort of ad valorem tax, but are not subject to vehicle inspections, or emission inspections.

#13 ·
No MOT in Finland. Some people were talking about that there should be one but it is not going to happen in the near future.
But if you change anything to your bike than it becomes illegal. If you don't get controled then there is no problem.
I have been pulled over plenty of times but as the MV Agusta F4 is rare, no one has noticed the modifications I have done to the exhaust, blinkers etc.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.